We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 32

::Hannah's POV::

You know what the best thing about staying in a hotel is? Room service. It's heaven for us lazy people who are too tired to get dressed and go to the buffet breakfast downstairs. I was staying in a room with Dad and Grandma. Ray and Bob were in their own, as were Frank and Jamia and Uncle Mikey and Aunt Alicia, but for completely different reasons. I felt sorry for the people who had the rooms next to them.

"Dad!" I yelled to him. He was outside on the balcony smoking a cigarette.

"What?"

"Food is here." He nodded and I jumped over to the trolley and stared at the meal that had been brought to us. I had ordered Belgian waffles and sausage with orange juice. Dad and Grandma got some wimpy little eggs. Eggs weren't good enough for me. I needed something sweet. Dad closed the sliding door and sat next to me.

"Do you think Bob and Ray are up yet?" Grandma asked.

"I don't know. It's seven thirty in the morning. Their probably sleeping in from the show last night."

"Uncle Mikey got a lot of presents yesterday. And we got, like, ten cakes, three pies, and six different types of cookies."

"I thought the oatmeal raisin ones were the best," he said. We all paused to finish eating. I gulped down the last bit of my juice and quickly turned to Dad.

"Can I go over to Ray and Bob's room?"

"Sure. But take a room key."

"Alright, do you know what room they're in?"

"1022"

"Got it," I kissed both of them on the cheek, and ran out of the room, through the hall, and over to the elevators. When the doors opened and I pressed 10. Soon, I was knocking on their door. "Wake up!!" I yelled, and speedily switched to pounding my fists because of my impatience.

"We're still sleeping! Go away!"

"How can you be sleeping?! You're talking to me!!" I heard feet grumpily pound their way towards me and open the door.

"What." Bob asked. His eyes were still closed. I pushed past him and jumped up onto the bed Ray was on.

"Wake up! Wake up! It's Mikey's birthday!!" I said, bouncing up and down on the mattress, next to his body.

"Hannah, let me get my beauty sleep."

"Too late for that. You have to wake up. We're going to get everyone and surprise Mikey and Alicia!!"

"I don't think we need everyone to do that. And they're probably more tired than we are." I scowled. These retards, I can't believe I even know them.

"If I make coffee will you get out of bed?" I offered.

"Hannah, we all know you can't make coffee. You broke the machine in the bus." How was I supposed to know that I put the coffee beans where the water goes and the water where the coffee beans go? It was a common mistake. For me.

"I'll name my baby after you."

"What if it's a girl?"

"What if it is?" They both rolled their eyes. Bob walked over and got back into his bed. "You guys are mean."

"We don't care," Ray mumbled into his pillow. I sat on his back and began to braid his hair. "What are you doing?"

"Your poof has been bothering me lately. It's been clumping up over on the left side of your head. I'm fixing it."

"You are not!" There was a loud knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" I jumped up and opened the door. Someone rushed passed me and jumped onto Ray's bed.

"Get up! Get up! It's Mikey's birthday!!"

"Hannah? What are you doing over here?" I looked to see Jamia standing the door way.

"I was trying to wake Bob and Ray up. What are you doing here? I thought you would be. . . . tired." Frank ran over to me and picked me up and carried me over to Bob's bed.

"We played aaaaaaaall night long!! I was all hot and sticky. I had to take a shower!" He shouted energetically.

"That's. . . . nice, Frank."

"He means we played video games. We stole the PS2 from the bus and brought it into our room for an intense gaming session. And I totally Kicked His ASS!!" He stopped fidgeting next to me and became serious.

"I'll show you who kicks whose ass! COME HERE!!" He ran over to where she was and it suddenly became a mad chase through the hallways on the tenth floor.

"Alright, I give up. I'm awake." Bob said. Yes, success! Another person was at the door.

"Knock, knock." Dad walked into the room.

"Why is everyone coming here?" Ray complained.

"Mama Way said she'd wrap all of our presents since she knows we haven't already," he said, completely ignoring Ray's question.

"Thank god. Ours are in that blue bag over there in the corner." He went over and grabbed the bag.

"Want to help her wrap them, Hannah?" My face lit up. Finally! Something to do.

::Bert's POV::

I sat quietly in the kitchen, a cold mug of coffee sitting idly in front of me. I wanted to see Hannah. I needed her. I want to know how she's doing, if she's okay. It must be hard for her. My thoughts were interrupted from Jeph stumbling into the room.

"Hey Bert. Still thinking about her?" I nodded, not keeping my eyes off of the counter. "I wish I could say I know how you feel, but I don't. But I do know what you want to do, and I back you up 100%." I looked up at him. "You have rights. She's not eighteen and I'm sure that some law says that you have at least a little custody over your kid." What? I wasn't even thinking about that. I just want to have a civil conversation with her.

"I'm going to talk to her. Is Quinn's phone still in the living room?"

"Ya, on the couch."

I got up from my chair. . .

::Alicia's POV::

My phone woke me up as it shrieked loudly. Mikey groaned.

"Make it stop." I smiled and kissed him lightly on his sweaty chest and leaned over him to get my sidekick. Before I answered it, I turned around and whispered.

"Happy Birthday." I clicked the Send button. "Hello?"

"Don't hang up, just listen to me Alicia." Bert?!

This can't be good.