We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 33

::Bert's POV::

"What do you want?" she said irritably.

"To talk to Hannah." She was quiet. I heard her get up and go into a different room.

"Bert, it's Mikey's birthday. I don't want anything to ruin it for any of us."

"Please, I need to talk to her. Imagine how I must feel right now. At least let me hear her voice." I was pretty much begging her. "I am furious at my self for what I did. I haven't slept or eaten a real meal in days. Please Alicia. Just do this one thing for me." She sighed.

"Gerard will be pissed if he finds out that she has talked to you."

"He won't," I said sternly. She was silent again.

"Give me ten minutes. I'll call you back."

::Hannah's POV::

I had quickly discovered that I could not wrap presents to save my life. So I was stuck handing Grandma pieces of tape instead.

"How are we going to wrap the stuffed unicorn?" I asked. She sat there scratching her head.

"Gerard, can you get us a box?" she asked.

"I could get someone to get it for us," he replied, making it sound more like a question than a statement.

"That'll do." He nodded and left to go get a box for my gift. "Tape, Hannah?" I gave her another piece as she wrapped up the present from Dad.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know sweetie. He wants it to be a surprise for all of us." She handed it to me and I began to exam it. It was a thin rectangular box. Made no noise when you shook it. I frowned. I really wanted to know.

There was a light knock at the door. "Could you get that, hun?" I nodded and got up to answer it, slightly surprised by who it was.

"Alicia?" There she stood in a baggy tee shirt and pajama bottoms, her hair messily tied up into a pony tail. And she reeked of sex.

"Didn't have time to take a shower," she whispered to me. "Donna? I'm stealing Hannah for a little bit."

"Alright, tell Mikey good morning for me."

"Will do!" She pulled me out into the hallway. I remained silent as I was led towards her room. It was on the same floor, but on the opposite side of the elevators. Alicia pulled out her key and opened the door. "Stay here," she instructed. I nodded, but was still confused about what was going on. She walked into the room and I heard sheets move. My ears strained to listen as she started to talk. "Mikey, Mikey you need to wake up."

"I am awake."

"No your not. You need to go clean up and take a shower. I have to go help Gerard with your birthday stuff."

"Won't you take a shower with me? I'll be lonely."

"I know. Be strong for me. I'll be back later." She came back, went into the restroom and led me back outside of their room. As we walked, she started a conversation with a topic I was not expecting. "Bert called. He wants to talk to you, and I think it's best that you do."

"No." I said defiantly.

"Hannah, you need to talk to him. Sort things out. Let him tell you ho-"

"I don't want anything to do with him!"

"Hannah, be reasonable. You wouldn't have run away to him if you didn't trust him a little bit. I know after what happened, all of your positivity towards Bert vanished. You know he regrets all of it and he would re-do it in a second. Please. Do this for me."

"Why do you want me to talk to him?" She pressed the down button for an elevator.

"Because I know that deep down, you want to too." I looked down at the intensely designed carpet. She was right. I hated to admit it, but I really did. The elevator doors opened and we stepped inside. Alicia pressed the 9 button. "Are you ready?" I looked down at my stomach. It was still flat, but I knew that m- our baby was growing inside me. I hugged myself and tried to pretend it was Bert's arms around me instead of my own. The doors opened once again.

"Yes." She smiled and led me through the halls until we were standing in front of room 912. Frank and Jamia's room. She quickly knocked, and Jamia quickly answered.

"We need to use your room. Is Frank here?"

"Um, ya. Why?"

"I'll explain in a second." She walked into their room. Frank was playing some video game. As always "Frank, out."

"What?!"

"Now. Here, take my key and go bother Mikey. He probably didn't wake up like I asked him too." She shoved the card into his face. Frank looked back over to me.

"What's going on?"

"Girl talk. Out. Mikey. Go. Now."

"Alright, alright. Gosh, I'm leaving." He shut the door behind him.

"So what are we really doing?"

"Calling Bert. They need to talk." Alicia pulled out her sidekick and began pressing buttons then handed the phone to me. As it rang, I began to feel nervous.

"Do you guys have to be here? I'd rather do this by myself." They studied me for a second.

"Are you sure?" Jamia asked. I nodded. "Okay, let's go help Donna, Alicia."

"Okay. Come back when you're finished talking." They exited the room just as he answered.

"Hello?"

My heart skipped a beat at his voice.