We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 35

::Frank's POV::

"Open up! It's fucking room service!" I yelled while banging on the door.

"Alright. Don't break it. Geesh." Ray said, letting me in.

"Mikey's awake! I got him to take a shower."

"Good." Gerard said. I looked around.

"Where's Hannah? I thought you two were going to talk to her?" Gerard looked over at Jamia and Alicia.

"We did. And now she's watching TV."

"Well why isn't she in here?"

"She said she was going to be surrounded by us all day and wanted a little alone time." That doesn't sound like Hannah at all. She loves to be around people.

"Gerard, what did you get Mikey?" Alicia asked, obviously trying to change the subject.

"It's a secret. Where's Hannah?" She sighed.

"Wa-tching Tel-e-vi-sion." He frowned. A soft knock came from the door. "I'll get it!" She jumped up. I glanced over at Gerard next to me.

"I don't trust her. Something's going on," he said.

"I agree." She came back with Hannah next to her, smiling like crazy.

"Hi Dad!"

"Hey Hannah." He didn't get up to hug her like he normally did, but stayed on the bed. Her shoulders dropped.

"Did you wrap my unicorn?" she asked, a little energetic again.

"Yes." His answer was short, and not enough for her. He was thinking. You could see it sketched on his face. I watched as Hannah sat next to Alicia. I eyed Jamia suspiciously. "Hannah?"

"Ya Dad?"

"I need to have a talk with you outside." Everyone stared at them. Hannah's gaze fell to her feet and stood up and walked with him to the hall. As soon as the door closed, we all headed over to it and pressed our ears against it to listen.

::Gerard's POV::

"I know you were not watching TV in Frank and Jamia's room. What's going on." I said sternly. If someone told me a year ago that I was going to be the dad of a teenager, I would have laughed in their face and called them an idiot. I guess being the front man of this band for so long had helped with my leadership abilities, which I couldn't even dream of having in high school.

"Nothing. I was watching some cartoon." Her eyes looked up to the left corner of her vision. First sign that someone was lying.

"What was it about?"

"I-it was about a k-kid with a magical f-fairy." Stuttering. Sign number two.

"What channel?" She fidgeted with the edge of her shirt and refused to make eye contact with me.

"I don't remember!" I sighed. My hands gripped her shoulders.

"Hannah." She didn't move. "Hannah, look at me." Her head lifted up. She looked tired. Her eyes were hollow. "You can tell me anything. You know that right?" She nodded. "Then what's bothering you?"

"Nothing," She sniffled. "It's just all of this stuff, and it's bottling up and getting to me and I want to do this but I already have and they didn't but I did and now I'll never know and if you did then I don't know what would happen to me so I can't!" she said in one breath. I caught about three of the words in all. My arms wrapped her.

"It's okay. I understand-" She pulled away.

"No, you don't! You have no idea what I'm going through!" I was stunned. Usually, other teenagers would think that the band is the only people that get them, but for Hannah, I guess it's different.

"But I want to. I don't want you drift away from me again. Please, let m-"

"Hey Gerard! Hey Hannah! Got all my presents ready?" Mikey interrupted, walking up next to us. This isn't the right time, Mikey. I didn't want him to know what was going on. It was his birthday, I didn't want to give him a reason to be unhappy.

"Ya. And may I say that you don't look a day over 20." He smiled and noticed Hannah.

"Is she alright?"

::Hannah's POV::

No, I'm not. I want too runaway, but I can't. Not yet, at least. I can't wait three days to see Bert. I can'- This is so wrong. He's twice my age! And he ra- he said he was sorry, and I've forgiven him. But he still did it. And Dad hates his guts, and I care about Gerard. I don't want to break him the way I did last time. But no one understands what I'm going through. What I've been through.

"I feel sick," I said, turning around. It was the truth.

"Aw, I'm sorry Hannah. Just don't sneeze on my cake." This was unlike Mikey. Normally, he would be the first person to jump up and try to help me. Now, it seemed like he didn't even notice.

::The Birthday Partay(yes, Partay)::
::Frank's POV::


"Open mine! Open mine!" We all called. Mikey was in a fit of laughter from all the attention he was getting.

"Can't I open all of them up at once?" he pleaded.

"If you had magical powers, yes. But only I have those. OPEN MINE!!" I shouted. I through the box at him.

"Alright, alright. I'm tearing the bow off." He tore the bow off. "I'm ripping the pa-"

"Save the paper! We can use it for next year!" Mama Way protested.

"It's the twenty-first century, mom. We can buy more," Gerard told her.

"Oh My God!!" In Mikey's hands was the Smashing Pumpkins CD and a PSP. I had secretly bought it to try and top everyone else's gifts. "Frank, You're the best!"

"Aren't I though?" I said, acting completely full of myself.

"Mine next!!" Bob shouted. Mikey pulled the box closer to him and turned the wrapping paper into confetti.

"Bob, what is it?" he asked. I didn't know what it was either. It was small, looked like a remote, but only had one button.

"Look! Press it!" He did, and Gerard jumped.

"Ow!! What the hell was that!?!"

"See? I bought it at a joke shop." Bob was glowing. I want one!! Mikey pressed the button again.

"Stop that! It hurts." I laughed at him. The next gifts from Ray, Jamia, and Mama Way were nothing special. It got down to the three main people.

"Okay, how about Hannah's! The box looks huge." I saw her smirk, along with everyone else. Mikey noticed. "Is it going to blow up in my face?"

"No, just open it! It took me practically an hour to find the box." He pulled off the paper with ease and opened the lid.

"Hoooooolyyyy Shit." He fell back onto the bed and started laughing like a maniac. "Oh my god! Hannah, this is so perfect!!" She smiled.

"Really?"

"Uh, Ya!" He said in a no-duh tone. "I used to have stuffed animals at home when I was little, and now I have one to come on tour with me!" I looked at him peculiarly. He had what? Mikey pulled it out o the box and placed it in his lap. "I'm naming him Steve."

"Steve's a nice name," Alicia said patting his shoulder. He hugged it.

"Alright. Gerard. What'd you got?" An evil smile played onto his lip. He suavely handed him the rectangular box. Mikey quickly pulled off the cover and the lid. He stopped. "Oh. My. God."

"What is it?" We asked curiously. He picked up what looked like a magazine and read the title aloud.

"The Adventures of Mikey Way, Written and Illustrated by the amazing Gerard Way." He flipped through the pages.

"It's a comic book of every memory we've had together. I got Brian to pulls some strings to get it printed for me. It's the real deal. Took me over a year to make."

"This is unbelievable!! I can't believe you did this for me." He got up and attacked his older brother in a swarm of hugs. "Thank you Gerard."

"Your welcome. Beat that Alicia!"

"Oh, I will. Come here Mikey." He came back and sat by her side. "Close your eyes and hold out you hands." He obeyed. We all watched intently as she got up and came back with a small object we could not identify. She placed it in his hand, and he gasped.

"Alicia?"

"I got us a cat, Mikey." WOW! All of us got up from our places and came over to Mikey's hands. It was a small grey and brown kitten. Its eyes looked up at all of us and meowed. We cooed at its preciousness. "You can name her whatever you want."

"Bunny Marie?" he offered.

"Mikey, it's a cat, not a rabbit," Gerard scoffed.

"I don't care. I'm naming her Bunny Marie."

::Two Days Later::
::Gerard's POV::


We had a show tonight in. It was going to be a big one compared to the others. I was trying to convince Hannah to come watch it, but she said she'd rather sleep in the bus. That's all she's been doing lately. Sleeping. Around fourteen hours a day too. I'm getting worried, because she needs to eat more for her and the baby The baby. That thing is going to cause me so much trouble once it's born. And I'll have to deal with Bert trying to come back. If the fans find out about any of this, we could lose our ability to book more shows. They would hate us. And to imagine what they would think of Hannah. I don't know how this is going to work out.

"Gerard." I jumped. Ray came and sat down next to me on the couch in the bus. "Dude, settle down. Your major tense."

"Can you tell?" he nodded. I ran both of my hands through my short white blonde hair. It's about time for another haircut. You can see the dark brown roots starting to grow back in. "This is a lot of pressure on me. Don't you think?"

"Absolutely. But we've been through worse."

"I think this is pretty bad. I don't ever remember feeling this freaked about anything. If I ever even hear his name again, I'm going to go on a goddamn killing spree. That fucker has screwed up my life so much; I didn't even think he could make it worse." And even worse. Mikey walked in.

"Um, Gerard? I think you need to see something." He handed me his phone. This dreaded device had done so much damage. What had it possibly done now?

On the screen was the list of calls. The last two caught my eye. One from Quinn lasting 3 minutes and one to Quinn lasting 46 minutes.

He's Back.