We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 37

::Next Day::
::Amway Arena::
::Hannah's POV::


The show will start in a few minutes. I'm sitting mindlessly on the couch under the close supervision of Brian, the beloved manager. It would have been Big Worm, but he works on stage and makes sure no horny kids magically fly up next to Gerard. I'm pretty sure Brian loathed me since I was going to "ruin the bands image" and, of course, the fact that I brought back Bert. All the guys were warming up for the show. I was annoyed by the noise they were making. Bert will be here in an hour. He's probably up in the air right now.

"Five Minutes!!" Brian shouted at them.

"Okay!" All of them filed out of the door, except for Frank. He sat down next to me on the couch. "Bert's plane landed two minutes ago. I talked to him and Quinn last night and they agreed to Brian driving you to the airport and meeting you there. Ray and I've packed your bags and they're in your bunk. We gave Quinn all of our phone numbers including your grandmother in case you need to contact one of us." What? I was confused. I'm leaving? I get to se-

"Brian agreed to this?" I asked, still not understanding.

"To be perfectly honest, I'm glad you're going. Less work for me." Frank frowned at him.

"And when Gerard finds out, we'll tell him the truth. No need to worry. We've got it all planned out." I still did not understand the fact that I got to go see Bert.

"Come on Frank!" Mikey called.

"I'm coming!! Hannah, be safe, and if anything happens go to Quinn then call one of us." He hugged me. "Gerard does care about you," he whispered. He pulled away and squeezed both of my shoulders. "We all do." I nodded, although after what Gerard had said, I doubted that he really loved me.

"Bye."

::Airport::

I watched as Brian drove off. I was completely alone. This whole airports and security checks and flying thing was still new to me. I picked up my two bags and began to walk with a large group of people. Surely they knew more about this stuff than I did.

"Hannah!" I turned around. It was him. Bert was running over like an insane maniac. One of the security guards stopped him. I darted across the busy floor and attached myself to Bert.

"Excuse me miss, do you know this man?" No, I just like running up and wrapping myself around strangers that just so happen to yell my name.

"Yes." I decided the answer that I had so cleverly though up would no go well with the man. I glanced at Bert and tried to pick a suitable relationship between us. "He's my uncle." The middle aged man looked at us. "I'm spending the weekend with him while my parents go away on a business trip to New York." Holy. . . . Am I good at lying or what?

"Fine then. No more running." Bert saluted, and I followed his action.

"Sir, yes sir!" The guard glared.

"And no smart ass remarks like the one you just did." He walked off before we could say anymore. I looked up at Bert and realized that I was standing next to him. For real. It wasn't a dream.

"Bert, it's been so hard without you," I suddenly said, not knowing where the hell it was coming from. He hugged me and picked me up.

"I know," he cooed, rubbing my head softly. He treated me as if I was a toddler, but I liked it since no one had ever treated me that way before. On the inside I truly was this innocent little kid that had bad memories that gave her nightmare when she slept.

"We're giving you a well deserved vacation, Hannah," Quinn said, picking up my bags for me. "You'll be up to your ears in mac-and-cheese-and-salsa!"

:: De Plane::

I pressed the button continuously on the side of the seat. I didn't know what it was for, but found it quite amusing. It was around midnight. Quinn was asleep. Bert was drifting to it himself. I was wide awake. After my spell of hypersomnia, it seemed to have changed to insomnia. I grabbed Bert's hand, which had before been lazily holding my arm, and placed it on my stomach. Although I had no baby bump yet, he knew what I was saying.

"You're going to be a marvelous mother," he whispered. I smiled and leaned over to kiss him on his nose.

"And you shall be a fantastic father." Better than mine at least. He gave a small, almost forced, smile, but I didn't see it. I pulled the armrest between us up and attempted to find a comfortable position that allowed me to lean against him. I did. Bert soon fell asleep and I began to play with his hair. It was then that I knew that everything would turn out all right.

::Gerard's POV::

I stole Bob's towel and wiped the sweat off of my face. "What a show," I said. The rest agreed. We were all tired and needed showers, badly. "Did Brian get us hotel rooms?"

"Yes I did." He walked up next to us. "Hilton Hotel. And I am afraid, Lord Gerard, that your ladyship has requested a bed chamber with Sir Frank and would rather have you absent from her presence." We stared at him.

"What the hell did you drink?" Ray asked.

"Beer. What else?" Oh yes of course. I remember what alcohol did to Brian. He goes into these weird stages. One time he was a hippie from the 70's and another he was an alien from the future. I don't know he came up with the freaky language though. We recorded it. It's really funny when you want a good laugh.

"Alright. I guess I'll have to wait to see her in the morning." Frank and Mikey shot eachother looks of worry and guilt behind my back.

"I guess you will," Brian smirked.