We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 38

::Quinn's POV::

"Quinn. Quinn, wake up. We're here." I shifted in my seat, finding it even more uncomfortable than the last position. Why the hell didn't we get first class tickets?

"Why the fuck didn't we get first class tickets?" A mother with a sleeping toddler pulled the child closer to her.

"Because it was a short notice flight. That's why we're practically in the back, too." I groaned and watched as people started to stand up and get out of this cramped up shit hole.

"I need coffee," I whined.

"It's almost one in the morning," Hannah protested.

"I don't care. I want some goddamn coffee." The mother shot me another glare.

"There's a Starbucks somewhere in the airport. We can get you some once we get out of here." Hannah sighed and leaned up against Bert. They looked so precious together. To see icky old Bert with this perfect little angel, it's amazing.

"See! I told you Chris!" We all turned around. Two teenage boys, most likely seventeen, stood behind us. "You are Bert and Quinn right?"

"Ya," Bert said. They grinned.

"Could you sign this?" He pulled a notebook out of his messenger bag, flipped it to a blank page, and handed it along with a pen to me and Bert. I took it first and signed my name and wrote "I need coffee!!!" underneath it. Bert took it, signed it, and drew an evil looking face. "Wicked. Thanks! When's your next album coming out?" I started to stand up, not wanting to have a whole interview with these kids. Bert and Hannah stood up also.

"May."

"Who's the chick?" Bert and I turned back to Hannah.

"I'm Quinn's niece." Why is it always niece? Why not nephew- oh, never mind. I'm an idiot when I'm tired.

"She's staying over at my apartment for awhile," I said. They nodded and I secretly gave her a high five behind my back. We walked up the ramp and into the airport. "We gotta go. So, bye." They seemed disappointed, but I wanted to get home and into my own bed.

"Alright. See you at your next gig!" We waved and quickly left to catch a taxi.

::Mikey's POV::

My phone rang. It was not a number I recognized, but picked it up anyway.

"Hello?" I whispered, not wanting to wake up Gerard's sleeping form.

"Is this Mikey?"

"Ya. Who's this?"

"Bert. We have Hannah. She's safe with us." I let out a breathe of air I didn't realize I was holding. I had been tense the entire show last night wondering if Hannah had made it okay.

"Alright. I swear, Bert, if you hurt her Gerard and I will come over there and personally pull out your organs through your nose."

"Please tell me you know I'm not like that anymore," he pleaded.

"I do. It's just. . . after what happened last time-"

"I promise I will never harm Hannah in any way ever again!" I paused. I knew he had changed; I just didn't trust him as much as I would have liked to. "Does Gerard know yet?"

"No. I'm kind of freaked about how he's going to react. But considering how he did last time, I'm thinking and hoping it won't be that bad. And we're doing this for Hannah's sake."

"I'm glad you see it like that. I have to go try to cook breakfast. Good luck with Gerard."

"Thanks. Bye."

"Bye." I shut my phone and glanced over at my brother, scared for my life. He shifted slightly and was now facing towards me. I don't want to be here when he wakes up. I slipped from my bed, grabbed a room key, and left the room and headed to Frank's. He was on the same floor, all by himself. Or, rather, "with Hannah". I knocked on his door and he quickly answered.

"Mikey? What's up? Is Hannah safe?" I nodded.

"I'm just a little freaked about what Gerard is going to do. I know he didn't react the way we thought he might have the last time, but now it's different."

"Ya, you're right. I feel a little stressed."

"I feel major stressed." There was another knock at the door. I stood up to get it and found Bob and Ray.

"Does he know yet?" Bob asked.

"Do I have any bruises on my face?"

"I'm taking that as a no." They walked in and sat with us. "Well who's going to tell him?" Ray asked.

"I vote Mikey."

"Me too."

"Me too." My eyes bulged.

"What?!!? No way am I telling him!"

"Well I'm not."

"Me neither!"

"Don't look at me!" Frank said, putting his hands up in defense.

"What if. . ." We all looked at Ray, "we had Hannah tell him."

"But she's not here," Frank stated matter of factly.

"He means over the phone." Frank stared blankly at him for a second before his face lit up in realization. He can be a little slow sometimes.

"I like that idea. She is the only one who would be able to do it," I said. They all nodded. "Alright. Let's do it now and get it over with." We stood up, left Frank's room, and went into Gerard's and mine. He was still asleep. Good, he'll be too tired to throw the television out of the window. I picked up my phone and called Bert's number back.

"Hello?"

"Bert? Give the phone to Hannah."

"This is actually Jeph, but sure." I heard a muffled sound and the clinking of forks against plates. I guess Bert could make some food.

"Hello?"

"Hannah, we need you to talk to Gerard."

"W-ww-what?" I heard Bert's voice in the background. "I-I can't!"

"You have to. You're the only one that can explain your true feelings."

"Mikey, please. He won't listen to me!"

"Yes.He.Will. Do it. For me." She was quiet. I could hear her whispering to Bert.

"Okay." I sighed.

"Alright. Choose your words carefully. Let me wake him up." I placed the phone down and gently poked his forehead.

"Whaaaat?" he groaned. I gulped. This was it.

"Phone's for you."