We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 4

_______________________________________________________________________

Charlie's car rolled away out of view. He told me he would come pick me up after the show and he gave me his number in case I had to call him for an emergency. He also offered that I sleep over at his house. Wait, he didn't offer, he told me I was going to. Charlie's stubborn.

I began to walk towards the back, on the way already seeing a line. People all ages and sizes stood next to eachother. A lot of them had black bars and X's over there eyes. Some of them were wearing black button down shirts with red ties. They were all singing a song while they waited that I haven't heard, yet.

Just as Gerard had said, there was a big tall man standing by a door that read "Employees Only". I dug in my pocket for the paper Gerard had given me and handed it to him.

"Hi Worm," I said. He read the page and smiled.

"Hi Hannah. Follow me." He opened the door into a long white hall and my heart began to pound. This is unbelievable. A once in a lifetime experience that I was experiencing. Worm stopped in front of a door. "They're in there. See you after the show!" He said, before leaving.

"Bye!" I turned back to the door and stared at the doorknob. Should I open it? Why would they invite me here? Is this even real? Am I dreaming? If I was, I never want to wake up.

My hand reached down and turned it to open the door.

"Hannah!" Frank jumped on me and pulled me into the room. "She's Here! She's Here!" The rest of the guys came over and squeezed the living daylight out of me.

"We didn't know if you were going to come or not," Bob said.

"Why wouldn't I?" He shrugged.

"Cool clothes! Are they new?" Gerard asked. I nodded energeticly.

"Went to Hot Topic. One of your songs came on and people came running into the store just to listen to it." Their eyes widened slightly.

"Really? Wow, that's awesome. What song was it?"

"I don't know. But it did say 'I'm not okay' over and over again." He laughed.

"It's called 'I'm Not Okay'."

"Oh," I said slightly embarrassed.

"Want to play video games?" Ray asked. I remember how I used to go into Best Buy and play the games they had set out for hours on end. Video games were one of my escapes.

"Hell ya." I picked up the controller off of the floor and began to kick his ass in a snowboarding game.

::Two hours later::

"No, Go left! Go left!" I yelled into Frank's ear.

"I can't! There's a rock there!" he protested.

"You can jump over it idiot!" Frank's player rolled off of a cliff and landed on a tree. "Told you!" He stuck his tongue out at me.

"Frank," Gerard called from the back of the room. "Make up time." I rolled over in a fit of laughter. Frank gave me a strange look.

"Real men wear make up. Besides, our make up is kick ass."

"What ever you say, pansy." Frank stopped. His bottom lip quivered and he slowly trudged to the back of the room. I looked to Mikey for an explanation.

"Pansy was his old guitar, but he broke it smashing it into a sign."

"Nuh huh!! That fucking MTV guy broke it!!"

"Frank, you have plenty of guitars," Ray said.

"But not like Pansy." Wow, I didn't know someone could have such a connection with an inanimate object. Gerard sat Frank down and began to apply eyeliner to his lower lid.

"Look up," he said.

"I am."

"No you're not. Look straight up." Frank rolled his eyes into the back of his head. "Good enough." He drew two lines under on each eye lid on top of eachother. One red, one black. "Done, I'll let you do the X's." As Frank took the pencil, I took a seat next to him.

"I'm sorry about Pansy. I'm sure. . . .she's. . . in a better place." He nodded his head. I turned over to Gerard to find him looking deathly pale. "Holy shit…" I muttered. He glanced over to me and smirked. A roll of tape was in his hand and he stretched out a long piece.

"Will you hold this for me?" I eyed him, but took it anyway. "Thanks." He tore of the piece then tore that piece in two and placed above and below his eyes.

"What are you doing?" I questioned.

"Getting ready for the show." No duh. Gerard started to smudge black face paint onto his eyes. Then I remembered the kids outside. I turned over to look at Frank and saw that he had done X's over his eyes.

"Is this like your trademark thing or something?" They looked over my head at each other, silently discussing it.

"Pretty much," they said. I turned back to Bob, Mikey, and Ray.

"How come you guys don't do anything?" They studied each other before Bob replied,

"We're not mentally defective." Ray and Bob nodded agreeing. I giggled at them. Gerard and Frank didn't seem to notice though. There was a knock at the door.

"Come In!!" Gerard yelled. A man with brown spiked hair and tattoos walked in.

"Hey, it-" He looked over at me, then to the rest of the guys. Uh oh. Am I in trouble? "Who's the girl?" he asked rudely. Gerard got up from his seat, taking the tape off of his face, a black bar now covering his eyes.

"This is Hannah. She's our friend. Hannah, this is our manager Bryan," Gerard introduced. Friend? I've never had friends before. I could tell Bryan didn't like me.

"She's gonna have to go, they're about to let people in." Gerard looked saddened.

"Alright." He came over and hugged me. As did the rest of the guys. "Bye Hannah. Remember to come back here after the show." I nodded hugging them back.

"Bye." I left the room and headed towards where I had been told I could get into the crowd for the show.

_______________________________________________________________________