We'll Fly Home, You And I

The End. Chapter 40

::Three Weeks Later::
::Gerard's POV::


Hannah's birthday is in a couple of days. She hasn't called once. I've barely been myself since she's left. I would just sit in the back room of the bus or what ever hotel room we had. The only time that I was 'awake' was on stage. But I had to be. I didn't want to let the fans think that something was wrong. They needed to believe that everything was alright because I know if I'm sad, they're sad. And I don't want them to be that way.

It was hard not to have Hannah with me. No, it was impossible. When shows were over, I had no one to go back to that would ask me a million questions about how it went. No one to freak out every little cut and bruise I received. I was alone, just like I used to be. Sure, I had Mikey, Bob, Ray, and Frank, but no one could ever replace Hannah. I needed her and she needed me. That's why I decided to make her my daughter. But now, she's with Bert.

"Gerard," Mikey sat down next to me. "What's up?" I frowned.

"Nothing," I replied monotonously. He shifted so that he was facing the same way I was.

"Ge-. . ." He cut himself off. No words of comfort from him. Not now. I slowly leaned back farther into the couch. "We have an interview in about an hour." Yes, I was aware of the fact. "Are you going to get dressed?" I glanced down at my pajama bottoms and t-shirt.

"What's the point?" I mumbled to myself. I pulled at my short blonde hair.

"C'mon. I'll help you get ready." He stood up in front of me and held out his hand. I grabbed it and he pulled me up. I was so weak and completely drained of energy. Slowly, I dragged my feet back to my bunk and pulled out my bag. The zipper got stuck on a pair of pants. I dug through it to the bottom for a tie, but something else grabbed my attention. A small bottle. It made noise as I picked it up and looked at the label on it. It was old, one of the drugs that used to be prescribed to me, until I started abusing it. Niravam. I opened up the small bottle and stared intently at the pills. There were only six left. I poured them into my hand. No. What the hell am I thinking? I'm not getting into that again. No way. That lifestyle is not worth it. But, . . . . what's two little pills? That won't do any damage. Just two, and I'll throw away the rest of them. I picked out two and swallowed them dry.

"Gerard, come on! We have to leave in ten minutes."

::Quinn's POV::

"Got everything packed?" I asked. She nodded vigorously.

"I can't wait to see Daddy again!" Aw, that's so sweet.

"I'm sure he can't wait to see you too. Did you say goodbye to Bert?"

"A million times. He's really depressed about me leaving."

"We all are, kiddo." Bert had to leave early in the morning to go into the studio to record. I had done some of my parts yesterday so I could fly with Hannah to Tennessee. We were going to surprise them. It was Hannah's idea and she had decided that it was probably best that she went back to her family. "Plane leaves in three hours. We better head over to the airport now."

"Yay!" I loved her enthusiasm for flying. It made it less boring.

::Le Interview::
::Frank's POV::


I fidgeted with my jacket as we all sat nervously on the couch. I'm so glad this isn't being taped for television. This jacket makes me look like my old man.

"So, what's your favorite part about touring?" I turned to look at Gerard. He had managed to put on a somewhat pleasant face for this.

"Being able to see the country and meet all of the fans."

"Any favorite memories so far?" Hannah. I knew that was the only thing going through all of our heads.

"Chicago. Before this tour started, in August."

"What happened in Chicago?" We met Hannah.

"Just the show. The energy from all the kids was amazing. I'll never forget it." Because Hannah was there.

"What helps you get through the hard times of touring?" Hannah.

"Just knowing that we have eachother and we'll always be together." But Hannah left.

"Gerard, have you met any special someone's yet?" He was about to speak, but Brian cut him off.

"Next question." All of us glared over at him.

"No, I haven't." He sounded as if it didn't matter to him, but we knew that inside he was crying his heart out.

The interview went on with random questions that honestly meant nothing to us. As soon as it was over, we had to drive over to the Nashville Municipal Auditorium and get ready for a show. Another show.

::Hannah's POV::

I waited impatiently for my luggage at baggage claim. Quinn had only received a few adoring fans, which was good. I held on tightly to the stuffed dog that Bert had given me as a parting present. Quinn had been absent mindedly poking at my baby bump the whole plane ride. I don't know if he was aware of it though.

"There it is!" I squealed. I ran over to grab it.

"Alright, let's get a taxi, go get some food, and get you back to Gerard." I jumped up and down with excitement. If it wasn't for how hungry I was, I would have skipped the meal and run over to the concert myself.

::Gerard's POV::

I looked out at the crowd, making an innocent little face causing them to go insane. I went back to finish the song.

"And from my honest observation, during. . ." It didn't feel like I was singing. All of this pessimisticness was getting to me. She's gone. She left because she hates me. All of the sudden, the gloomy feelings left and I suddenly felt the rage boiling up inside of me, causing me to scream out the next lyrics. "Is that the most the both of you can give?!"

::Quinn's POV::

We had chosen a resteraunt that was close to the Municipal Auditorium so we could just walk over. I was carrying Hannah's bag as she skipped in front of me.

"Come on Quinn! You're so slow!"

"I'm so tired! We just got off a plane and I want to go to sleep."

"It's only nine. What are you? A kid?"

"At heart." She giggled causing me to smile.

We came at another cross walk. "I can't wait to see my Dad's face when he sees me again!" She skipped out into the street in front of me. "He'll be so ha-"

It happened in a second.

No one could stop it.

I watched the scene play out in slow motion.

There was no noise.

Everything came to a hault.

The world remained quiet for one second just more this moment.

A moment of silence,

For the girl who was crushed by the car.



To un-explain the unforgivable,
Drain all the blood and give the kids a show.
By streetlight this dark night,
A séance down below.
There're things that I have done,
You never should ever know!

And without you is how I disappear,
And live my life alone forever now.
And without you is how I disappear,
And live my life alone forever now.

Who walks among the famous living dead,
Drowns all the boys and girls inside your bed.
And if you could talk to me,
Tell me if it's so,
That all the good girls go to heaven.
Well, heaven knows

That without you is how I disappear,
And live my life alone forever now.
And without you is how I disappear,
And live my life alone forever now.

Can you hear me cry out to you?
Words I thought I'd choke on figure out.
I'm really not so with you anymore.
I'm just a ghost,
So I can't hurt you anymore,
So I can't hurt you anymore.

And now, you wanna see how far down I can sink?
Let me go, fuck!
So, you can, well now so, you can
I'm so far away from you.
Well now so, you can.

And without you is how I disappear,
And without you is how I disappear,
Whoa whoa...
Whoa whoa...

Forever, forever now!