We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 5

_______________________________________________________________________

"CHICAGO!! How Loud Can You Get!?" Gerard yelled into the microphone. I joined in with the mass around in and shouting back. I was somewhat near the front near the left. I saw him search the crowd, his eyes soon landing on me. The girls around me screamed.

"We want to thank all of you out there for believing yourself, believing us, supporting us for five long years! THANK YOU!!" The crowd cheered once more. "This songs called. . ." he looked over at me, "I'm Not Okay." Frank started the opening riff and the song began. If I thought they were good on the radio, then they were AMAZING live. Gerard's voice carried a melodic beauty of nothing I had ever heard before. And I envied Ray's talent with a guitar.

Soon they had played "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison", "Our Lady of Sorrows", "Dead!" and "House of Wolves" (both which were coming out on the album in a few months. The only reason I knew the names of these songs was because Mikey had shown me his set list.

"Alright!" Gerard said. "This next song is going out to a friend of ours who has truly convinced us that you can make it through fucking ANYTHING." He took a quick glance over at me before smirking. "This one's for you, it's called 'Give 'Em Hell Kid'" I laughed and started to listen to the song.

Oh baby here comes the sound!
I took a train outta New Orleans and they shot me full of ephedrine.
This is how we like to do it in the murder scene.
Can we settle up the score?

If you were here I'd never have a fear.
So go on live your life.
But I miss you more than I did yesterday.

You're beautiful!

Well I'm a total wreck and almost every day.
Like the firing squad or the mess you made.
Well don't I look pretty walking down the street.
In the best damn dress I own?

If you were here I'd never have a fear.
So go on live your life.
But I miss you more than I did yesterday.
You're so far away.
So c'mon show me how.
'Cause I mean this more than words can ever say.

Some might say we are made from the sharpest things you say
We are young and we don't care.
Your dreams and your hopeless hair.
We never wanted it to be this way.
For all our lives.
Do you care at all?

If you were here I'd never have a fear.
So go on live your life.
But I miss you more than I did yesterday.
You're so far away.
So c'mon show me how.
'Cause I mean this more than words can ever say.


I screamed with the rest of the crowd as it ended. I looked up at Frank in front of me who was taking a drink from a bottle of water. He saw me and spit the liquid out onto the crowd. I scowled at him at which he just gave me the finger.

It was the last song. Bob was tapping the symbols and the bass drum. Frank joined in with a beautiful melody. Ray started to play also.

"I think you all know what song this is Chicago! I'm gonna ask you to sing so loud, the heavens up above know you're name! And right here like I always ask you, and do this little part with me so she can hear you!!" She? Who's she? It's definantly not me. I'll have to remember to ask him later.

"WoooOOOhooo. YOUR TURN!" The crowd mimicked his voice. Oh, I get it. We're copying what he's singing.

'WooooooaaHOOO!" I joined in this time.

"Woawowoaowowoho" His voice sounded so angelic, I felt tears come to my eyes.

"WoAwoWOAwowoho" And the song began. "Looong ago. . ." Just like every other song they had played. I listened to every lyric, taking it all in at once. But when Gerard sang this song, there was something different about him. Like he wasn't here. He was no longer singing for us. I saw him continuing to lift his head and sing to the sky.

"Can. You. Hear. Chicago! We want you to live each day as if it was your last!! And in this next chorus, we want you to sing so loud. . . we can't even hear ourselves. To leeeeeave and then, we'll meet again. WHEN BOTH OUR CARS COLLIDE!" I accompanied this crowd, having caught onto the lyrics.

". . . . .SOOOO LOOOOOOONG AND GOOODNIIIIGHT!!!" Gerard held his hands up in the air, taking in the cheers of the crowd. He then dropped them in a bowing fashion. The show was over. I was the first to squeeze my way through the crowd. They were doing a meet & greet, so I had to wait in the line like everyone else. I got in Gerard's line, which I saw was the longest and switched to Mikey's. Once I reached the front he smiled.

"Like the show?"

"That is the hugest fucking understatement I've ever heard." He laughed.

"We'll be done in a little bit. Worm's over there. He can take you back to the dressing room and you can play video games and shit while you wait for us." I smiled.

"Will you sign my arm?" I asked. He rolled his eyes. He motioned for me to come closer to him and I heard girls behind me gasp. He grabbed my wrist, I winced slightly, and he signed my arm.
"Oh my god"
"She's so lucky!"
"I want Mikey to touch me!"
"Sarah, that sounded so wrong. But I agree with you." I made a face at Mikey. He had heard them too.

"See you later."

"Bye!"

_______________________________________________________________________