We'll Fly Home, You And I

Chapter 9

_______________________________________________________________________

::Mikey's POV::

Hannah and I stayed there waiting for the rest of the guys to show up.

When Gerard had returned to the room, not only without the ice, but without Hannah as well, all blame automatically went to him. But he explained to us what had happened, so we checked out of the hotel and went to look for her. We were going to leave that morning and drive back to Jersey, but this was more important.

"I don't want you ever to think that you're worthless," I told her as we waited on a bench. She had been crying in my shoulder ever since I found her. Due to the marks on her arms, bruises, and various other looking injuries, I didn't even have to guess what had happened to her. No one would.

I was waiting for her to say some kind of rude remark, but she remained quiet. "Remember how you told us that if you ever make it in the world you would tell people your story to give them hope?" She was staring off into and empty space across the street, but I knew she was listening. "If you could help just one person in your lifetime, that would make everything that you've been through worthwhile. And we think that lives are precious, and to be able to save someone's is the greatest thing you can do in the world."

"He's right." We both turned to see Gerard standing there with Ray, Frank, and Bob. "And that's why we're going to help you so you can help others. You're coming with us. We're not forcing you to do anything. We just think you would be better off with us." Hannah's eyes meet with mine, then with Gerard's. "You're not slowing us down. We want you to come with us. Please." She slipped out of my grasp and shakily stood up, catching her balance. A small smile appeared on her face and her eyes seemed to light up.

::Hannah's POV::

"I'll come with you." Gerard lunged forward and gently picked me and gave me a light hug.

"Good cause we were going to make you anyway," Frank said. I mocked glared at him and wrapped my arms around Gerard's neck for support. I saw him staring at the red circles on my face and neck and tried to hide my face in his shoulder.

"How far away is the bus?" Mikey asked.

"Just a couple blocks," Gerard said, not keeping his eyes off of me. We began to walk, Gerard and me slightly behind the others. He was still carrying me in his arms. I would have objected, but I didn't quite know if I could walk that far. "What happened?" he whispered into my hair. A silent tear fell from my eyes as the memories of not less than an hour ago flooded back into my mind.

"Isn't it obvious?" I whispered back, not wanting the others to hear.

"How bad was it?" I squeezed his neck tighter.

"Almost the worst I've had." I looked down at my wrist and found Mikey's glove still covering it. I carefully removed and looked at the damage. I was trying to hide it from Gerard, but he must have seen it to.

"Shit, Hannah. Don't do this to yourself." He took my hand in his and brought it up to his mouth and kissed it.

"I think it'll be easier to stop now that I have you guys." I beamed at the thought. I had people who cared about me. Really cared about me.

::One Hour Later::

I was leaning up against Frank, slightly out of it due to how tired I was, watching some movie about cute little animals that attack you? I don't know. He said it was called Gremlins. It didn't really matter to me. I was too obsessed with comfortable Frank's shoulder was.

Ray and Mikey were in the back, noisily playing video games. Bob was already asleep. Gerard was across from Frank and me watching the movie with us. Out of no where, a low grumble came from my stomach. I poked it to make sure something wasn't going to come out of my belly button and attack us.

"Want something to eat?" Gerard asked. I nodded "I can make you a peanut butter and jelly sandwich if you want." Nothing so childish had ever sounded so good.

"Yes please."

"Can I have one too?" Frank asked.

"You ate three bags of Doritos before we left. How can you still be hungry?"

"I'm growing boy!" Gerard gave him an "Oh-sure-you-are" look and went to the kitchen area and started making my food.

"I'm not making you a sandwich." He spread the peanut butter onto a piece of bread. Frank shot up from his seat, I fell onto the back of the couch.

"And why the hell not?!"

"Shut up! I'm sleeping!! Frank, make your own goddamn sandwich!" Bob shouted from his bunk.

"Oh! I want a sandwich!" Mikey yelled from the back of the bus.

"Me too!" Ray added. Gerard placed the two slices of bread covered with jelly and peanut butter on top of eachother and handed it to me. He sat down next to me and I discovered his shoulder was even more comfortable than Frank's. Frank's was more muscular. Gerard's was soft and cozy.

"Frank, you're up. Why don't you make all of us sandwiches?" Gerard asked. Frank looked around him to find he was the only one standing and was closest to the kitchen counter.

"I'm not hungry anymore," he grumbled. I took another bight into the treat Gerard had made me. Frank plopped down on where Gerard had been and went back to watching the movie.

"You never told me where we were going," I said once half of my food was gone.

"New Jersey," they said at the same time.

"Isn't that pretty far away? Why don't you take a plane?"

"I don't like airplanes. And driving is better. There are more things to do."

"How long will it take us to get there?" Gerard thought about it for a moment.

"If we can go nonstop, a day and a half." I nodded.

"Hey, Gerard?!" Mikey called again from the back of the bus.

"What?"

"We haven't told mom about Hannah yet!" Gerard looked over at me and smiled.

"Let's surprise her!"

_______________________________________________________________________