Pink Underwear

1/1

As I shoved a wad of wet jeans into the dryer at the Laundromat I looked over to see the star quarter back on my college football team walk in with some buddies and a load of clothes. His name was Chase he was the 4th smartest person in our grade and had been the star quarter back since he joined the football team freshman year. His dad owned a car dealership and a jewelry store. We had been in the same home room from 6th grade to 12th grade. He was taking most of the same classes I was taking this year. When we were in 6th grade he asked me out but I was to much of a sissy to go against my parents so I turned him down. He had brown eyes that looked bronze in the sunlight. He had dark brown, almost black, hair that was short and spiked in the front.
I chuckled a little remembering him talking to the other guys on the team about how the coach was a jerk and wouldn't let them have any fun and they had to dress and look a certain way. Sighing slightly I remember how his eyebrows furrowed slightly in the middle and made little wrinkles in the middle. I watched his perfect face for a while remembering all of the things we had been through.
I realized I was staring at him. I looked away quickly and began slammed the door shut on the dryer. Just one more load and I'll be done. God, just help me get through this load. I thought to myself. I checked my hair in the window of the washer next to me. I didn't look bad today. Honestly, I think I look pretty good for laundry day. I sighed and pulled open the washer. I sat down inside and leaned out a little so I could watch him.
His friend took up the washers on the other aisle while he was by himself on my aisle. He unloaded his clothes into the washer. I noticed he had actually separated his clothes. The rest of the guys just shoved in their white clothes and dark clothes. I laughed slightly thinking of how their whites will probably turn a shade of pink or blue. The owner behind the counter started yelling at me.
"Young lady," he said. His voice bounced off the wall. All eyes turned to him and then to me. I jumped out of the washer and stared at him. "My washers and dryers are not for playing in. You can not sit in them! I do not allow people to take naps in them. It is not tolerated." I nodded my head.
"Yes sir," I said. I could feel my cheeks getting red "It won't happen again." He nodded his head and settled back into his magazine. Chase walked over to me and leaned against the washer I had been hiding in. I looked up at him and then back down to my jeans tumbling in the dryer.
"Hey, Victoria," he said casually. I kept staring at my clothes. "Haven't talked to you in a while."
"Hey, Chase," I said my voice cracking slightly. I looked up at him quickly and then looked back down again. "Yeah, it has been awhile. Last time we talked I was driving you home from Van's graduation party. You were so drunk you threw up on me and then told me that I looked hot in puke." He chuckled and shook his head. I looked up at him smiling.
"I remember that party," he said. "I barely remember you driving me home. Sorry about throwing up on you. It's a shame I ruined that dress. I do remember you looked hot that night. But honestly you look hot in everything" I smiled widely up at him, trying to think of something to say.
"It's okay," I said as my side bangs dropped in front of my eye. He gently reached down and brushed it away from my face.
"You know I still haven't forgotten the day you turned me down?" he asked while his hand gently caressed my face. I bit my lower lip.
"Really?" I asked softly in shock. My heart pounded in my chest.
"Yeah," he said his voice becoming as soft as mine. "Your excuse was you parents said you couldn't date until you were 18 and it has come to my attention that only 3 months ago on may 31st you turned that very number. So, I'm going out on a limb here thinking maybe you still might like me, but, you wanna go out sometime? Like, as my girlfriend?" He said hesitantly. His hand rested on my cheek the whole time. I put my hand on his and pulled it away from my face. I held his hand in front of me for a while as i watched his face droop slightly. His facial expression tugged at my heart.
"I don't know," I said looking down at his hand. I could feel the muscles in his hand tense up a little. "I have theater practice on Saturday mornings and if you are my boyfriend I'd ruin your reputation because I want my boyfriend to go see me perform." I sighed slightly and looked up at him pathetically.
"Screw my reputation," he said and the proceeded to lean down and kiss me. I kissed back happily. Just then a chorus of awws arose from the other row of washers and dryers. Chase and I were then tackled by the whole football team in a massive group hug.Chase and I laughed slightly to each other while the little man behind the counter yelled and fussed about us being to loud for the other customers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it!!