Gli anche Migliori Amici si Innamorano

Chapter Four

I sat in the middle of the yard, digging a hole in the ground with my blade like I always do, just humming to myself.

I saw a shadow appear, covering the hole. I looked up and saw Nick standing there.

I rolled my eyes and kept digging.

He sat next to me, our knees touching. "Nicholas, please, I am so sorry. Please...please forgive me."

"Why should I?" I mumbled.

"Because I'm your best friend, and you hate to be mad at me. I know everything about you." I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"You don't know anything about me."

"Your full name is Nicholas Marley Pierce and you're fifteen. You lived in Chicago for almost your whole life. You love eating watermelon, and you love to read. You're a huge bookworm. You're a straight A+ student, and you're a fencer. Uh, you love to take pictures, not be in them. You want to be a photographer when you get older. And...you're my best friend." He said.

I looked at him. He was right. Every part of that.

It's true. Nick really does know everything about me. He always has. He always will.

Because he's my best friend.

"Please, Nickle, forgive me." He begged, whispering.

A tear fell when he said the nickname he gave me when we were very small.

He wiped it away with his thumb gently.

Oh, the hell with it! I love Nick and I can't stop being friends with him any longer!

I started crying, and he pulled me into his lap, hugging my tightly.

"Oh, Nicholas, I'm so sorry!" He cried, burying his face in my neck. "I'm so sorry."

I pulled back so I could look at him. "How could you leave me, Nick? When I needed you the most, you weren't there!"

"I didn't know, or I wouldn't have left. I thought it would be easier to not say goodbye. I couldn't stand saying goodbye to you, Nicholas. It killed me to leave just like that. It killed my brothers too. We really do love you and Sammy. I thought about you every day, Nicholas. Every single day." He said quietly.

I took a deep, shaky breath. "I was so scared. Seeing your house empty like that. It was as if you never lived there...."

"I'm so sorry. I'll do anything to make it up to you, even if it takes my whole life."

"Good, 'cause it's gonna take your whole life."

"Come on, let's go inside before all the paps see us."

We stood up and walked inside my house, and into my room.

We laid on the bed, holding each other.

"Why don't you talk much anymore?" He asked. "Your voice was so beautiful and smooth like honey."

I sighed, looking at my hands. "Well, after my dad died and I found out that you were gone, I just...stopeed talking. Sammy took me to some shrink after I wouldn't talk for a month. But that didn't help. I didn't talk any more than I did before."

He sighed. "I'm so sorry."

I sighed. "It's alright."

"Do you still sing?"

"Not since you left."

"But you had an amazing voice!" He said, pulling back to look at me.

I sat up and so did he. "Probably not anymore. I haven't sung in over two years."

"Let's go see then." He said, grabbing my hand. I felt a shock, just like I always did when his skin touched mine. He lead me downstairs and to the piano that the previous owners of the house had left behind.

We sat on the bench and I put my hand on the keys. They were cold and dusty.

I haven't played the piano since we moved here.

“Play.” Nick whispered.

I pressed down and moved my fingers, making the piano play a pretty sound.

I closed my eyes and kept playing, letting the music take over me.

I let out a breath, forgetting everything around me, and continued making music.

“Sing.” I heard Nick whisper in my ear.

I immediately did, forgetting that I haven’t sung in over two years.

‘Your fingertips across my skin
The palm trees swaying in the wind
Images
You sang me Spanish lullabies
The sweetest sadness in your eyes
Clever trick

Well, I never want to see you unhappy
I thought you'd want the same for me

Goodbye, my almost lover
Goodbye, my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be?
So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

We walked along a crowded street
You took my hand and danced with me
Images
And when you left, you kissed my lips
You told me you would never, never forget
These images

No

Well, I'd never want to see you unhappy
I thought you'd want the same for me

Goodbye, my almost lover
Goodbye, my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be?
So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

I cannot go to the ocean
I cannot drive the streets at night
I cannot wake up in the morning
Without you on my mind
So you're gone and I'm haunted
And I bet you are just fine

Did I make it that
Easy to walk right in and out
Of my life?

Goodbye, my almost lover
Goodbye, my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be?
So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should have known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do’


I stopped playing immediately, hearing a door slam.

“Why’d you stop?” Nick asked quietly.

“Sh.” I whispered, going by the stairs.

“NICHOLAS?” I heard my sister yell.

I sighed and ran over to Nick. “Sammy’s home. Go out the back.” I mumbled.

“But-”

“Just go. I’ll see you later.” I said.

He sighed and hugged me tightly. “I love you, Nicholas.” He whispered.

I sighed, hugging tighter. “I love you, too, Nick.” I said and he disappeared.

Sammy opened the door and smiled at me. “Hey. Whatcha doin?”

I shrugged.

Like I was ever going to tell her….
♠ ♠ ♠
PSHAW!

SORRRRY IT TOOK SO LONG!

I was having HUGE writer's block! I SWEAR! I'll make up the time!

Don't hate me!

Comment me though! To tell me what