Sequel: Let It Settle

A Vibe With a Chill

Love...

Eric sighed as he touched her scar, he kissed her breast and looked up at her “I don’t want you to panic…” he told her.

Ainsley tried not to giggle as she took Eric’s hair in her hands “Why would I panic?” she asked, smiling at him.

“Because…of this scar. I don’t want you to remember those awful memories of that time.” Eric told her, stroking her scar while trying to get away from the conversation.

Ainsley smiled as she stroked his arm “So concerned?” she said, looking into his eyes.

Eric smiled “Never mind that…” he said to her.

_____________________________________

Ainsley woke up the next morning, she was alone and still nude as Igby jumped up on the bed and began to talk to her.

Igby put his cold wet nose on Ainsley’s arm to get her out of bed. Just as she sat up in bed, her phone rang.

Ainsley groaned as she picked up her phone “Hello?” she groaned, petting Igby.

“Mom wanted me to call and tell you ‘thank you’ for taking care of all the bills and everything…” Ainsley’s little sister, Morgan said.

Morgan was 16 and was with their Uncle Fred and Aunt Tyler while Ainsley and Morgan’s mother was in Chemo, being taken care of by the hospital.

Ainsley smiled “You’re welcome…how’s life?” she asked.

Morgan sighed “It sucks…nothing to do, but homework!” she said “What about you?” she asked.

“Oh, you know…the usual…fang banging a thousand year-old vampire, getting into trouble!” Ainsley said, getting out of bed and walked into her bathroom.

Morgan gasped “You’re fucking a vampire!? Mom would have a shit fit if she could!” she said, nearly giggling.

Ainsley laughed “Yeah, I know…don’t tell anybody!” she said.

__________________________________

Ainsley walked into Merlotte’s “SAM!!” she yelled, looking around the empty bar.

Sam walked out of the back office, he did the usual uncomfortable thing he did and put his hands in his pocket and smiled “Hey…Ainsley…what’s up?” he asked.

“I wanna work today!” she said, crossing her arms.

Sam was surprised, Ainsley was anxious, and according to Sookie she had had ONE hell of a past couple of days.

“Sure…go right ahead!” he said, walking into the bar.

Ainsley smiled as she walked into the back to grab her supplies and began to ‘work’ at Merlotte’s for the rest of the day.

_________________________________________

Ainsley worked until 9 in the afternoon, the boys started to stare and Jason was starting to look like he was going to make a move…

“Night, Sam.” Ainsley said as she walked out of Merlotte’s and to her car where Eric waited for her patiently.

Eric smiled at her as she looked at him shocked “Hi, Bunny…” he said, walking towards her.

Ainsley unlocked her car and got in, Eric followed suite and got in the passenger seat “I have some bad news…” he said after a moment.

“What?” Ainsley asked, driving out of Merlotte’s parking lot, nervous about what Eric was going to tell her.

Eric turned to her “So, there is a problem in south Louisiana…and I need to help the Sheriff.” He said.

Ainsley thought for a moment “So, how is this bad news?” she asked.

“You’re involved…” he said, turning away from Ainsley and out the window.

Ainsley was confused “How? I’ve never been in south Louisiana…” she said, driving to her house in a rush.

Eric sighed “I don’t know…but the Sheriff, Cleo said you were…he wouldn’t tell me why!” he said softly.

“When do you leave?” she asked, pulling into her drive way.

Eric turned to Ainsley “I WAS supposed to leave tonight…” he said, unfinished.

“BUT…?” Ainsley said, putting her car in park and turned to Eric, waiting for him to finish his sentence.

Eric smiled as he touched her hand “I wanted to fuck you first…” he said.

Ainsley giggled “Well, in that case…” she said, getting out of her car.

____________________________________

Eric thrusted into her one last time before he fell off of her, letting her catch her breathe.

“I must go…” he said, getting himself under control as he got out of bed.

Ainsley pulled on his arm and pulled him back on the bed, she kissed his shoulder blade and his neck for a few more moments “Baby…don’t leave me!” she begged, kissing his back.

Eric smiled “Baby?” he asked snarky. He turned to her with a shocked look on his face “I’m a thousand years old…and you call me ‘baby’?” he asked her.

Ainsley rolled her eyes “Oh, you big cock of a Viking…take me again!” she said, sarcastically as she pulled the sheets closer to her.

Eric laughed as he kissed her “I love you…” he said, making it seem powering as Ainsley didn’t want to let go of his large fingers.

“Eric…please…” she whispered to him as he walked out of the bedroom with his clothes already on.

Eric turned to her and shook his head “I love you…I will see you when I get back.” He said, vanishing into the night.

____________________________________

It hadn’t been an hour later when Ainsley’s doorbell rang, Ainsley walked to her door to see Pam with a rather disgusting sarcastic look on her face.

Pam showed Ainsley the bag of chips “He told me to watch you…” she said.

Ainsley smiled “Come in…” she asked.

Pam walked in, she threw the bag of chips at Ainsley and threw her coat on the couch…she was wearing her choker.

“He demanded that I spent some ‘quality girl time’ with you…” Pam said, resting her hand on the back of her waist.

Ainsley nodded “Right…” walking into the kitchen.

Pam cleared her throat, she tried to get Ainsley attention who was busy feeding Igby since his food bowl was empty.

“You’re in danger…” Pam said, in a very serious tone.

Ainsley looked up at Pam, laughing almost as she stared at Pam “What do you mean I’m in danger?” she asked, putting her hands on her hips.

Pam lost her smile “The thing is…’Cleo’ has an agenda…get Eric away from you, so he can kill you.” She said.

Ainsley’s eye brow cocked “Why? I don’t even know him…” she said.

“Cleo doesn’t think vampires should ‘love’ another human…but I believe otherwise. Which is why when I found out, I decided to play along so I could save your life.” She said.

Ainsley was silent for a moment as she thought about what Pam had just confessed to her “…what did you have in mind, exactly?”