Sequel: Let It Settle

A Vibe With a Chill

It's Never Safe in New Jersey

“Okay, THIS isn’t exactly what I had in mind!” Ainsley told Pam as she was tossed her suitcase.

Pam chuckled “Well, it’s the safest I got!” she said with a smirk.

Ainsley growled “YOU’RE SENDING ME TO NEW JERSEY!!!! It’s NEVER safe in New Jersey! Don’t you watch the news!!?” she yelled at her.

Pam gave her a sour look as she handed Ainsley her plane ticket “I’ll meet you there…” she said, walking away.

Ainsley sighed as she walked into the airport and towards the plane, after Ainsley thought about it, she saw that it was reasonable…going to the unsafest state in American could be…safe!

“What can I get you, ma’am?” the flight attendant asked as Ainsley sat in her chair with a total stranger.

Ainsley thought for a moment “A Dr. Pepper?” she asked, the flight attendant smiled and walked off.

The stranger turned to Ainsley and smiled “So, what’s taking you to New Jersey?” she asked politely.

Ainsley smiled “Uhh…vampires?” she said.

“Ahh…what’d you do?” she asked, crossing her arms.

Ainsley laughed and shook her head “Nothing, it’s just…never mind!” she said, turning away from the stranger.

The stranger nodded “Cleo wants you, doesn’t he?” she asked, Ainsley nearly quit breathing as she turned to the stranger.

“I’m Lydia…Pam sent me to make sure you made it to New Jersey!” she said, sticking out her hand so Ainsley could shake it.

Ainsley was shocked “What’s gonna happen?” she asked Lydia, who thought for a moment.

“Well, there are these vampires Pam knows, they and their humans will help hide you within the cities so that way if Cleo and his gang come looking for you they won’t be able to find you!” Lydia said, patting Ainsley’s hand “But don’t you worry…I’ve got everything under control!” she said.

Ainsley turned away from Lydia and was about to cry, she couldn’t believe that anything was happening! How long would it take this Cleo to realize she was gone? What would happen to Eric when Cleo did find out?

_________________________________________

The plane landed at the Count of Mercer Trenton-Mercer Airport, it was broad daylight, so Ainsley knew she was safe for the day.

As she and Lydia got off the plane, a large Italian man waited for them with a sign that said ‘That Wyatt Broad’, Ainsley couldn’t help but giggle as she walked up to the guy.

“I’m that Wyatt broad!” Ainsley said, smiling at him.

The man pushed on Ainsley’s arm “The car is waiting…” she said in a thick Brooklyn accent.

Ainsley cocked her eye brow “Are you originally from New Jersey, or are you from New York?” she asked.

The man turned to her “I’m from New York…but the work is here, in Trenton!” he said “I’m Toby, by the way!” he said as he waited with Lydia and Ainsley for their luggage.

Ainsley saw her bright blue suitcase and grabbed it while Lydia grabbed her Hello Kitty bag and smiled “Alright, ready!” she said.

________________________________________

The car ride to Mr. Leigh Giovanni’s home in the heart of Trenton, New Jersey was quiet, the cloudy sky and cool weather nearly made Ainsley fall asleep with how comfortable it actually was.

“Ms. Wyatt…we have your room ready.” The driver said, Tony sat in between Lydia and Ainsley as the car drove into the huge mansion.

Ainsley’s mouth went wide open “It’s so pretty!” she said as the car parked in the driveway.

Lydia smiled as Ainsley rushed out of the car and looked at the old fashion mansion, the front door opened and 3 maids came out to unload the car.

A butler walked out as well “Ms. Wyatt, Ms. Johnson…your rooms await you!” he said, guiding them into the house.

_____________________________________________

Ainsley walked into her assigned room, it was rather large with a glass of Italian Soda waiting for her on a nightstand.

She smiled as she opened her suitcase on her bed and took a sip from her drink.

“I could get used to this…” Ainsley told herself, looking around her bedroom WITH her own bathroom!

_______________________________________________

Ainsley sat on the couch that night, reading a magazine in the living room with her feet propped up on the end of the couch.

It was 8:30 at night and noises were starting to arise throughout the house.

Ainsley looked up at her watch, she had been doing her laundry since she had nothing but dirty clothes at home…and plus, she was bored.

She walked into the laundry room and began to sort out more of her clothes, she put one set in the drier and another in the washer.

“Where is she?” she heard someone say, a man to be exact.

A lanky but tall man walked into the laundry room “Ainsley?” he asked, there was no accent in the voice as Ainsley jumped and turned around to see the man.

Ainsley tried to laugh as she nodded.

“I’m Leigh…” he said, taking her hand kissing the top of it.

Ainsley was about to say something, but someone else walked in. It was Pam, she looked rather laid back unlike at home where she was stiff and sarcastic.

Pam smiled “Isn’t she adorable?” she asked, looking at Ainsley and giving her a sarcastic smile that Ainsley could have recognized anywhere.

Leigh smiled as he turned to Ainsley “Are you doing your own laundry?” he asked, a little offended.

“Well, I was bored…and I need some clean clothes…” Ainsley said, trying to smile as Leigh pulled her out of the laundry room.

Leigh was a rather comfortable man, he hid his confidence well and was a rather laid back vampire…with no New Jersey accent like the rest of the people in the house.

“You don’t have an accent….” Ainsley said, Leigh turned to Ainsley with a smile.

He began to laugh “Is that a bad thing?” he asked her, guiding her into the living room.

Ainsley shook her head “No, it’s comforting…I’ve been hearing accents all day, it’s just nice to hear a voice.” She said.

Leigh turned to Pam as Ainsley sat down on the couch “I’m going to enjoy her stay…” he told her.