Sequel: Let It Settle

A Vibe With a Chill

American Eagle Outfitters

Leigh sat in the living room with Ainsley, he was enjoying the warmth of the fire and the silence of everything as Ainsley read a book.

Ainsley was so bored, she wasn’t allowed to leave the house, Leigh wouldn’t let her cook because it would effect the effort of his staff.

Lydia walked into the living room and cleared her throat, Leigh turned in his chair to her while Ainsley put down the magazine and looked at Lydia.

“Not to disrespect, but I’m incredibly bored!” Lydia announced to Leigh. Ainsley let a chuckle out as she nodded in agreement.

Leigh nodded “Well…I apologize.” He said, turning to Ainsley “Are you incredibly bored of reading that magazine 3 times in a row?” he asked.

Ainsley nodded intensely, Leigh laughed as he called for Toby.

Toby walked in, a smile on his face “Yes, master…” he said in his thick Brooklyn accent.

“Please take Ms. Wyatt and Ms. Johnson out to New Jersey…give them some fresh air!” Leigh requested.

Ainsley giggled as she jumped off the couch and got up to get her shoes from her bedroom, Leigh sighed as he watched Ainsley leave the room.

Pam walked in and looked around in the living room before sitting on the couch that Ainsley had occupied just moments before.

“Tell me, Pam…what does Mr. Northman see in her?” Leigh asked curiously, looking at Pam as she rolled her eyes.

Pam didn’t know how to answer him as she shrugged her shoulders “I don’t have the slightest idea.” She said smoothly.

______________________________________

Lydia and Ainsley enjoyed the lights on Trenton, New Jersey...they were surprised with how quiet it was at night even KNOWING that vampires were lurking.

“…it’s so much more cozy than Bon Temps!” Ainsley said, looking around another shopping center that was opened, but the walk ways were empty.

Toby smiled “When the vampires came out, the gang and violence rate went down dramatically…” he said.

Ainsley laughed “Yeah, I would be pretty scared to go gang-banging around New Jersey if there was something more dangerous out there than me!” she said, gasping as she grabbed Lydia’s jacket.

“They-have-American-Eagle…” Ainsley said, surprised as she ran towards the store.

Lydia giggled as she followed “I take it there is no such store where you’re from?” she asked as Ainsley ran into the store.

Ainsley slowed down as she entered the store “I mean…they have some in Dallas, where I’m *from*…but Bon Temps is so small…” she said, looking around at the clothes and accessories.

Lydia and Ainsley were both lucky to have brought their wallets with them since they spent quite a few good bucks on new clothes that they could wear around New Jersey.

“We could do this all the time!” Ainsley said, turning to Toby “What else do they have here?” she asked.

Toby opened his mouth when a smooth voice answer her question “Everything…they have almost every type of serious shopping store in this area.” The voice said.

“Uhh…” Lydia managed to get out as a tall dark haired walked next to Toby.

The vampire was skinny and had long brown hair pulled back with shiny green eyes “Hello, I’m Tom. And you are…?” he asked, taking Ainsley’s hand.

Ainsley smiled “Ainsley…Ainsley Wyatt.” She said.

Tom smiled as he shook her hand “Lovely to make you acquaintance…” he said, turning to Toby “How is Leigh and the gang?” he asked.

Toby crossed his arms “They are fine…taking care of this one while we hide her from the Louisiana vampires…” he said, pointing to Ainsley.

“She…is involved in southern vampires? Oh…you silly girl!” he said, giggling as he patted her shoulder “Do you happen to hang with them a lot?” he asked.

Ainsley smiled “Yeah, my boyfriend is actually a vampire.” She admitted, looking down at the floor as she held onto her multiple American Eagle Outfitters bags.

Tom smiled “I might know him, what’s his name?” he asked.

Lydia then stepped in “He will remain nameless, since he’s in enough trouble! It’s why Ms. Ainsley here is hiding!” she said, trying to smile at Tom.

Tom smiled “Well, it was lovely to meet you 2 lovely ladies, it’s good to see you again, Toby!” he said, walking away from them.

“What the fuck is HIS problem?” Ainsley asked Toby, who sighed.

Toby pulled Ainsley and Lydia out of the store “He’s rather cocky…he thinks he can score any chick…but, even AS a vampire, they tend to avoid him like the plague!” he said.

Ainsley nodded “Ahh, right!”

_________________________________________________

The 3 of them walked back into the house, Pam and Leigh were talking to someone as Lydia and Ainsley went upstairs into their rooms to put their new clothes away.

Ainsley was putting her jeans in her temporary closet when someone knocked on the door and came in.

She turned to see…Godric?”

“GODRIC!” she said, opening her arms and giving him a hug and trying to squeeze him tightly.

Godric smiled as he let go of Ainsley, who was a little worried “Is everything alright? Did something happen to Eric?” she asked, holding tightly onto his arms.

“No, no…everything is fine! But Eric got to me and told me what happened and I figured that I could come up and help Pam.” He said, rubbing her arm up and down.

Ainsley smiled “Wow…you’re a really good maker!” she said.

Godric laughed “Oh please, I’m just very glad my ‘son’ has found someone who makes him sparkle like a gay man at a gay bar!” he said.

“Oh my…for someone that looks 16, but is over 2,000 years old…it is REALLY weird when you say stuff like that!” she said.

Godric shrugged his shoulders “Ehh, I do what I can to keep a smile on people’s faces…especially yours! I just hope I see it for centuries!” he said.

Ainsley lost her smile…centuries? He didn’t HONESTLY think Eric was going to turn her and adopt little vampire babies, did he?

Godric sat down on the bed “Come…I ordered you some Bon Bons…lets talk…like regular girls do!” he said, lying on the bed.

“Were you GAY when you were alive?” she asked, walking to the bed and lying next to Godric.

Godric shook his head “No, it’s just after 2,000 years I’ve just let go on being ‘civilized’ and acting based on what the hell is going on…”

Ainsley laughed “I get your vibe…” she said.