Sequel: Let It Settle

A Vibe With a Chill

Gossip, Much?

It was silent in the car as Ainsley drove home, Eric turned to her and cleared his throat “So, are they serious?” he asked curiously.

Ainsley turned to him “Are who serious?” she asked him.

Eric smiled “Jessica and her little pet…” he said, turning away from her and looking out of the window.

“God, I hope not.” Ainsley said, taking a turn into her newly driveway.

Eric tried not to laugh as Ainsley parked her car and turned it off, she grabbed her purse and got out of the car.

Ainsley walked into her house where Eric followed, his calm and prestige presence made her uncomfortable as he moved closer to her.

She turned to him “Is there any particular reason you’re still here?” she asked.

Eric opened his mouth to say something when headlights turned into her driveway. She gasped as she tugged on Eric’s jacket and pulled him inside “GET IN…quick!” she nearly yelled as she threw him inside and shut the door behind her.

It was Jason, yet again.

Ainsley sighed as Jason turned his car off and got out with a bundle of flowers, Red Roses to be exactly.

Jason was nervous as Ainsley watched him walk towards her, she could tell he was trying to make an effort for SOMETHING…even though he sucked at it big time.

“Hi, Ainsley…” he said, trying to smile.

Ainsley smiled at him “Hi…Jason. What brings you here tonight?” she asked him.

Jason gave her the Roses and put his hands in his pockets “Uh, I just wanted to apologize for last night…I didn’t mean to make you feel awkward or anything.”

Ainsley smiled as she smelled the roses “It’s alright…” she said.

Jason tried to smile “Well, and I was also wondering if you were ever interested in going out and getting a beer with me…or something.” He muttered out to her.

“Like…like a date?” she asked.

Jason nodded, smiling big hoping that she would say yes. “Yeah…like a date!” he told her.

Ainsley sighed as she sat on her front porch step “Jason, you seem like a great guy…and I understand your mistake with the Fellowship of the Sun. I don’t judge you like the rest of the town…but, I’m not sure if I can share that burden with your right now. I’ve got enough on my plate” she told him.

Jason crossed his arms “Like…what?” he asked calmly.

“My mother is starting Chemo…and because I’m the oldest I have to pay her bills for everything! Which means I have to start working every shift at Merlotte’s starting tomorrow…” Ainsley admitted, looking down at the Roses.

Ainsley looked up at him “It would be great if you didn’t tell anybody about this…please? I don’t need sympathy.” She said.

Jason nodded “Well, then I better let you go to bed…you’ve got to work tomorrow!” he smiled and gave her a pat on the shoulder “You’re a real trooper, Ainsley Wyatt!” he said, walking to his car.

Ainsley watched as he left before she walked inside, the house was quiet “…Eric?” she asked. But he was gone.

“Jeez…” she muttered to herself as she put the flowers in a vase full of water and walked into her bedroom to get ready for bed.

______________________________________

Merlotte’s opened at 10 in the morning, Ainsley got there at 9 to get menu’s and help Terry get the grill going.

Sam walked out of his office “AINSLEY!” he yelled, Ainsley turned to see Sam at the door.

“My office, please…” he said.

Ainsley and Terry shared a glance before Ainsley walked into the back office that belonged to Sam.

She closed the door and looked at Sam “Am I in trouble?” she asked.

Sam shook his head “No…you’re not in trouble. I heard about your mother.” He confessed.

Ainsley mouth was wide open “What? How did you?” she could barely speak as Sam went into a safe and pulled out a bag full of cash…or so it sounded like.

“There is at least $60,000 in there…I hope that will help!” he said.

Ainsley wasn’t sure what to do or what to say as she looked at Sam, who put his hands on his hips “I also want you to take the rest of the week off…go home, or something!” he said.

“I don’t…thank you!” she said, giving him a hug.

__________________________________________

Ainsley returned home after going to the bank and inserting the $60,000 to her account, she grabbed all the bills and began to calculate everything.

It was around 4 in the afternoon when she finally finished everything and sent her bills off in her mailbox.

“Now what?” she asked herself.

It was then that it dawned on her, how DID Sam find out about her mother? Jason probably told somebody, who told another person…it was apparent that it might be around the while town by now!

_________________________________________

The sun was setting as Ainsley walked out to her car, she was going to hang by herself and have an Italian Soda.

Sam had started to order the supplies since Ainsley was demanding them almost every night she was there.

Once she got to Merlotte’s, it was starting to get packed as Ainsley stole a seat at the bar next to Andy Bellefleur who made it clear that he had had a few!

Ainsley looked around to see the place full of drunks and bored dates, she couldn’t help but giggle as Tara stared at her once she turned back to the bar “What can I get you?” Tara asked her.

“The usual…” Ainsley said, yelling through the music.

Tara smiled “Vanilla?” she asked.

Ainsley nodded and Tara turned away to get her fixed up with her drink. The stereo had started a slow song, Dido to be exact.

Sookie came up behind her and tapped on her shoulder “So what was Eric doing at your house last night?” she asked.

Ainsley wasn’t sure on whether she should be defensive or not as she shrugged her shoulders “To be honest, I have no idea!” she said.

“Well, he said he was at your house and you were talking to Jason about your mother…” Sookie informed Ainsley, whose eyes went wide.

Ainsley pointed at Sookie “So, Eric…told you?” she asked.

Sookie shook her head “No, Eric told Bill, who told ME, who told Sam…who I guess gave you the rest of the week off!” she said.

Ainsley sighed “GOD…I hate gossip in small towns!” she said.