Love:From The Stage to the Alter

Chapter 11 of Love: From The Stage to the Alter by: MSP

Chapter 11 of Love: From The Stage to the Alter
by: MSP

Today is our wedding day. I’m so excited. I finally get to marry the man I love and want to be with for the rest of my life.

We both decided to write our own vows, so this should get interesting.

I’ve always dreamed of marrying someone as sweet and kind as Gerard and I’m so glad this day has finally come.

My make-up artist did my make-up and I’m finally ready to walk down the isle.

Gwen Stefani starts singing In My Life by The Beatles as I walk down the isle.

I see Gerard’s face and he’s crying as he looks at me, I can tell he’s so happy.

I am now at the alter. Gerard whispers to me: “You look so beautiful.” “Thank you babe, so do you.” I whisper back.

The minister starts reading his speech:
“Gwen, please hold Gerard’s hands palms up, so you may see the gift that they are to you.

These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and vibrant with love, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as he promises to passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness.

These are the hands that will work along side yours, as together you build your future, as you laugh and cry, as you share your innermost secrets and dreams.

These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes: tears of sorrow and tears of joy.

These are the hands that will comfort you in illness, and hold you when fear or grief engulfs your heart.
These are the hands that when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

These are the hands that will tenderly lift your chin and brush your cheek as they raise your face to look into his eyes: eyes that are filled completely with his overwhelming love and desire for you.

Gerard, please hold Gwen’s hands palms up, so you may see the gift that they are to you.

These are the hands of your best friend, smooth, young and carefree, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as she promises to passionately love you and cherish you through the years, for a lifetime of happiness.

These are the hands that will massage tension from you neck and back in the evenings after you’ve both had a long hard day.

These are the hands that will hold you tight as you struggle through difficult times.

These are the hands that will comfort you when you are sick, or console you when you are grieving.

These are the hands that when wrinkled and aged will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch.

These are the hands that will give you support as she encourages you to chase down your dreams.

Together as a team, everything you wish for can be realized.

God, bless these hands that you see before you this day. May they always be held by one another. Give them the strength to hold on during the storms of stress and the dark of disillusionment.

Keep them tender and gentle as they nurture each other in their wondrous love. Help these hands to continue building a relationship founded in your grace, rich in caring, and devoted in reaching for your perfection.

We ask this, in Jesus name, Amen.”

Now it’s time for our vows.

“Gerard,
When we met by the buses, I knew I wanted to be with you for the rest of my life.

I knew I was in love when I saw you on stage the night after we met and you invited me onto your tour bus.
You were always gentlemen to me. You are such a part of me that when you’re gone I don’t feel like myself anymore.

I promise to cherish you all the days of my life.

Our love is like oxygen because without you I can’t live. To me, marriage is the biggest commitment I’ll ever make because I love will love you and be with you for all time.”

“Gwen,
When we met I thought you were the most beautiful and kind woman in the world and I knew I had to be with you or my life would never be the same again.

I knew I was in love when I actually wanted to wait for sex till marriage, because I want it to be special and it’s the right thing to do.

Before I met you I wasn’t in the right kind of place in my life, you made me the man I was always destined to be, and through God I know we both can accomplish anything together.

I promise to love and cherish you till my heart is no longer beating. “

“Gerard and Gwen,
I now pronounce you Husband and Wife. You may kiss the bride.” The Minister said.

We kiss and it’s like the first time I kissed him, it’s the most magical moment since we’ve been together.

Now we finally mean 100% more to each other then ever before.

This is the happiest day of my life and I doubt anything will ever top this. Gwen Stefani performs some of her solo songs and then has a conversation with me.

All in all this was the best day of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued… The sequel will be called:
Love: From the Alter to the Grave
This is a trilogy called The Love Trilogy. So their will be 3 Fan Fics.