Blood Runs Deep

Nerve Racking

Nathan was scary, he didn't move or cry when we got to the motel, I watched as he got out of the Impala and walked to the door almost like a zombie. I knew he must be hurting, in face I was scared that he might hurt himself, in fact I wanted to protect him at all costs. I closed the door behind us, he sat on the bed and just looked at me.

"I'm an orphan" Nathan said, those sounded like the saddest words I have ever heard.

"Nathan, I know it's not much but you go us, you got me." I said as I sat down beside him.

"There gonna take me away now, I will be a ward of the state, I won't be eighteen for another year, I can't be in a home that long"

"Dean is an expert at falsifying stuff, I am sure we can make it where he is your long lost blood relative" I said trying to comfort him.

"But it's not real, Sam. My parents are dead, I don't even know any relatives, or if they are still alive.I know you want to help, but if this is one lost cause you and your brother cant fix with fake id's and guns loaded of rock salt" said Nathan with a frown, I put my hand on his thigh.

"Nathan, you're right, not everything can be fixed like that but things can be fixed and if not, they can always be mended. My parents are both dead too, I have demon blood coursing through my veins like you, and in many ways I am just like you, " I said as my free hand grabbed the comforter, I was suddenly nervous, "I, um, I lied to you the other night"

"Lied about what?" Nathan asked his eyes red and puffy from crying, I felt my heart begin to race.

"I don't know what I am, Nathan. When I said I was straight, I wasn't being truthful. I have had girlfriends, but I seem to be cursed in that department. What I'm trying to say is, I don't know what I am" I said, Nathan raised his brow.

"And you decided to tell me this now? While I am sitting here numb from the pain of losing my father?" asked Nathan, he managed to make me feel really stupid, he was right, I shouldn't have told him this now, it wasn't the time.

"You're right, fuck, I am such an idiot" I said as I started to get off the bed when Nathan pulled me down and on top of him, I stared at him, I didn't know what to do. He brushed my hair out of my eyes, I watched his lips tremble a little.

"I've never kissed anyone before in my life" said Nathan nervously.

"I've never kissed a boy before" I said, Nathan tried to smile but he couldn't, I brought my lips down almost touching his, his mouthed opened slightly, I licked my lips, I was about to touch his lips when keys rattled in the door. I quickly sat up as did Nathan, he rubbed his eyes. Dean opened the door with bags of food in his hand, he looked at us and smiled a sympathetic smile, Dean could be a jerk and an asshole but he could be sweet when he wanted to be.

"The cops don't know much, " said Dean then eying me, telling me that he knew more, "I brought Chinese"

"Yummy, just what I am craving" I said, I was nervous, almost kissing Nathan had scared me more than I thought it would, I wanted to kiss him but I didn't want Dean to catch me doing it. I looked over at Nathan, he looked at me. His eyes seemed to tell me everything, he was sad, scared,lonely,and there was something else there, something he probably hasn't felt in awhile.