Blood Runs Deep

Personal Demons

It didn't take Sammy long to find the bar I was sitting in online, my little brother the dork. It felt nice to actually do this on my own, maybe if I did it, I could be the hero. I didn't know why I wanted this kid to see me as a hero. I was drinking my third beer when the door opened, in walked 3 men that didn't look like they belonged in a bar, they were wearing suits. I watched them wave at the bartender, he nodded and began fixing drinks.

"Those men come in here a lot?" I asked, he nodded as he fixed the drinks.

"Every Thursday, always 7pm on the dot" he said as he walked out from behind the bar with three beers in tow, I watched him walk to the men sitting at a table, the place was only filled with me and them, but still they sat at a table in the far corner. I had to get closer, I took my beer and sat a table two away from them, and put my head down on the table like I had passed out.

"It's happening, Charles. The price he told us we would pay" said one of the men.

"Shut up, Gregory. It's not happening, he wouldn't do this to us" said another.

"He's a demon, why would we believe he wouldn't" said another.

"He promised to just help us, he has been helping us for centuries, he wouldn't do this now" said the second man, Charles.

"Frank is dead, whose to say we aren't next" said Gregory.

"Because, Frank was weak, he was going to tell. This has to be a secret, if we tell anyone, he will take it away from our sons" said Charles.

"Some of our sons are already dead and it's our fault" said the unnamed one.

"But not ours, and neither is Nathan. He's the one Azazel wants, do we know where he is?" asked Charles.

"No, no one has seen him since. Charles, we cant do that to Nathan, he's just a kid" said Gregory.

"A kid with power, that's what he is. Azazel told us he would be the most powerful child, we must find him" said Charles.

"I can't be a part of this anymore, I am taking my son and getting out of here" said the unnamed one, I heard two chairs move.

"No, Keith. You are going to sit there and shut up! Do you want to be next? Azazel is going to find you no matter where you are, besides our children or safe, he's only killing the ones that know nothing about this, they must die to keep us safe!" said Charles, his voice was deeper.

"We just need to find Nathan and give him to Azazel, and everything will be OK" said Keith, but he was nervous.

"Did you get all that Winchester?" asked Charles, I raised my head up, he was looking at me with a smirk, his eyes were yellow.

"Azazel, you knew I was listening?" I asked, he nodded.

"You're always listening to shit you shouldn't, Dean. I am guessing, and I am usually right, Nathan is with you" said Charles/Azazel.

"You're not going to hurt him! What is even going on in this town?" I asked, Azazel raised his brow.

"This sad little town, " he said as he waved his hand and everyone seemed to sleep, "you remember when you were face to face with Mr. Scarecrow? This town took that a level up"

"They gave their sons to you for apples?" I asked, Azazel shook his head.

"No, they prayed to me to give their sons' demon blood to make them stronger. Which I did for centuries, the town was happy they never lost a sports game or anything until people moved here that didn't know about the past and everything, the Fathers, as they call themselves, ask me to take care of them and I did."

"You're killing them, it has nothing to do with killing them to find Nathan. You're just doing it for them and knowing Nathan will want it to stop" I said, Azazel smiled.

"Nathan, he is a special one isn't he, just like your brother. He was five when I gave him the blood, I came to his room as a shadow and filled him my blood. He is special to me, he is going to take my place" said Azazel, my eyes got huge.

"He would never do that! He's not going to be a demon" I said, Azazel shrugged.

"You mortals don't get it do you? When you're hurting you will do just about anything to make it stop. Dean, I know everything. I see the path you and your brother are taking before you take it. I know something is going to drive a wedge between the three of you. Do you want to know a secret Dean, one that effects you?"

"No, I want to keep my free will, thanks" I said, Azazel smiled.

"I'll put it like this, Nathan will be nothing but trouble for you and your brother. He is going to tear you apart, He is your Achilles heel" said Azazel, I raised my brow.

"Nathan is my one weakness, that doesn't make sense" I said, Azazel smiled.

"In time, Winchester. I will get him, you can't stop me" said Azazel, he waved his hand and everyone woke up. Azazel flashed me one last knowing smile as I walked out of the bar, I was confused about everything he had said, but I knew I had to protect Nathan.