Blood Runs Deep

State of Mind

I was stuck in the fucking twilight zone, when I reached the school I knew I was in fucking 1950's America. I saw girls in poodle skirts, some greasers, jocks, and some beatniks. When I walked past the jocks to reach the school, I realized things haven't changed, one pushed me onto the ground my glasses(which i never needed) fell off and my books went everywhere, they laughed before they walked off, I picked up my books. I sighed, I wished Dean and Sam where here right now. I walked into the school and looked at the Grease-rip off, well technically Grease ripped off this, school. The jocks had another nerd up against the locker, while the others were talking to cheerleaders. I didn't know where to go, I must have looked like a Red spy just standing here looking, shit, I just referenced a 50's slang, this couldn't be good.

"Nathan, you're going to be late for history" came a male's wheezing voice, I turned to see a guy that looked like a complete nerd.

"Um, History, that sounds right" I said, he gave me an odd look.

"You look sick"

"That's bad right?" I asked, he looked at me.

"I am going to take you to the nurse" said the guy, I shook my head.

"That won't be necessary, I am swell" I said, which was the only 50's slang I knew.

"Well come on then, we have never been tardy" said the guy as I followed him to a room, a balding man smiled at us, great, I was a teachers pet or I was fucking him, I will go with the first. I followed the guy to two seats in the front as the tardy bell rang and the jock from earlier came strolling in.

"Mr. Franklin, going for the record of tardies?" asked the teacher.

"Don't be so frosted, Mr. Davidson, I made it" said Mr. Franklin as he took a seat across from me, Mr. Davidson shook his head and turned to the board, I turned around to a guy I figured was my friend.

"What's that guys deal?" I asked, he looked at me confused, "the jock boy"

"He made a deal with someone?" asked the guy, shit, i don't know how the ask this.

"Why is such a jerk?"

"Because he is Alexander Franklin, quarterback of the football team, and he is mean" said the guy, I looked over at Alexander, he eye balled me.

"Why you eyeballing me, Fream?" Alexander asked me, I knew that meant someone that didn't fit in, but how.

"You think your tough don't you, you're nothing but a kookie loser" I said, Alexander looked pissed.

"You must want a knuckle sandwich, Fream" said Alexander as he stood up, I could take this loser, I knew I could, but when I stood up with him, I felt scared and fragile, I couldn't do this, why was I even doing this, I am weak, a nerd. I quickly sat back down, Alexander looked at me and smiled, something was going on, when the bell rang, my body was almost pulled to the next class, but I realized I was walking to the class, I knew where to go, the whole day I did stuff that I couldn't possibly know was what I was suppose to do. When the day ended I walked out the doors into the warm air, t was a perfect day.

"Want to go to Joe's dinner and get a malt and work on homework?" asked the guy, that I knew was my friend.

"Sure, isn't that what we always do Johnny" I said, I knew his name, it was like my mind was no longer mine, in fact, I was Nathan, nerd and loser. I walked with Johnny to the diner, actually I led him there.