Blood Runs Deep

Bitch of Living

Dean pulled the Impala into the school parking lot, which was the last place I wanted to be. School scared me more now, like that thing was going to be waiting for me when i walked into the school doors, Dean said I shouldn't walk in with them, I understood, I mean it would blow their cover, which today was teachers, I wondered how they did this, pretended to be something different and lie to people, I guess it was like theatre. I walked to my locker and grabbed my History book, and was surprised when I walked into the class room to find Sam was the teacher, I walked up to the desk.

"Where is Mr. Anderson?" I asked curiously, he frowned.

"Seems like he got the hell out of town, didn't he have a son your age?" asked Sam, I nodded.

"Yeah, he did. This town really isn't safe is it?"

"Nathan, once we find out what is killing the guys, we will kill it and everything will go back to normal"

"You say kill, the papers and cops say disappear, whys that?" I asked, Sam frowned, the bell rang, and I think Sam sighed in relief that he wouldn't have to answer my question. I sat down in my usual seat that was no behind an empty desk that once belonged to my best friend, looking at the desk I remember the last time I saw my best friend.

David and I were sitting one his bed playing God of War on PS2, well he was playing and I was watching, he looked so intense as he fought some Titan warrior. When he beat it, he looked over at me and smiled, I smiled back, I was happy. It was like spending time with someone you really loved, and yes, I loved David as something special but I knew he didn't love me in that way. David put the remote down and turned off the game, he came back to the bed and sat down.

"What do you think we will be doing in five years?" asked David, I shrugged.

"We will be twenty-two, hopefully we will be at college" I said, David shrugged.

"I don't feel like I am going to make it, Nathan, I feel like I am going to die soon"

"What the fuck? Why would you even think something like that?" I asked horrified.

"Because there's something out there, " David said looking out the window, "it's already taken 3 guys, what if I am next"

"You're not, it won't hurt us, my mom will protect us"

"Nathan, you're mom is gone, and shes not some angel that is going to keep us safe. What ever is out there, is going to kill us until it finds what it wants" said David as he got off the bed and pulled out a sketch pad, which was unusual he was a jock not an artist, he opened to a page with a hooded creature with no face, "that's what it is, I saw it in my dreams"

"What is this?" I asked looking at the picture horrified.

"Allu, its a demonic creature, it is working for Lucifer"

"How do you know all this? This is stupid!" I said throwing the sketch pad on the floor, David looked at me confused.

"I told you, I dreamed all of this, a lady told me in my dreams that I was next. Nathan, I am going to be the one to go, and it's going to be tonight" said David, I could feel the tears welling in my eyes.

"No! You can't leave me, David, please!"

"I don't have a choice, it won't stop till it gets me, it wants a boy, a special boy, maybe I am it and if it gets me it will stop"

"David, what will I do without you? You're the only friend I have, I can't go to school alone, those jocks will beat me to a pulp without you there" I said as the tears fell from my eyes, David wiped them away, which surprised me.

"No, my death is going to bring these guys to town, they are going to protect you, I promise, Nate" said David, I looked up at him.

"I love you, David" I said, David smiled and kissed my lips gently.

"I know, Nate. I know you always have and I love you but only as a friend, my brother. I wish I could have given you what you wanted, " said David looking out the window at the setting sun, "you need to get home now"

"But David" I said but David shook his head and pointed towards the door, I ran out of the room crying


The bell rang and brought me out of my memory, I noticed a small puddle on my desk, I must have been crying. I was the only one left in the room, Sam was erasing the board, he turned around and looked at me.

"Nathan, are you OK?" Sam asked, I shrugged.

"Allu, that's what's after the guys" I said, Sam eyed me curiously.

"The monstrous, faceless daemons of the Akkadian culture, the looks seem about right. I will talk to Dean about this"

"Sam, can I come with? I don't think I can handle school today" I said, Sam looked thoughtful and nodded.

"Yeah, just today" said Sam as we walked out of the room, I didn't know why but I felt like someone was watching us.