Blood Runs Deep

Stupid

I woke up on a uncomfortable bed, when I looked around the room I saw Sam typing frantically away on his lap top, I sat up and he looked over at me.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked, Sam looked at his watch.

"Couple of hours, it's almost three, Dean should be here soon" Sam said as he kept on typing.

"What are you typing?"

"Just researching accounts of the Allu, it seems there aren't any since the 18th century. Which makes this more strange, I mean what would make it come back after all this time?"

"Then something must be very important to it, well someone." I said, looking at the sheet.

"Nathan, listen" said Sam I could hear his voice getting closer, he sat on the bed, "Dean and I aren't going to let anything happen to you."

"But maybe it's looking for me, and if it gets me it will stop. Sam, I don't want to be the reason the guys in this town are dying"

"Nathan, don't think like that. We are going to kill it and it's going to be OK, I promise you"

"How can you promise something like that?" I asked, Sam looked at intently.

"Because I can, nothing, and I mean nothing, is going to happen to you again" said Sam, I just stared at him.

"David knew this was going to happen, he picked the fight because he wanted to protect me. My best friend and I fought the night he died, that's the only thing I will remember"

"That's why he altered your memory, he wants you to remember it another way, he was trying to help you" said Sam, his hand started to go to my face, but I watched as he put it back down beside him.

"I just, I miss him so much, Sam" I said as the tears fell from my eyes, Sam pulled me into a hug, I could tell it was weird for him because he didn't pull me in to close.

"It's going to be OK, you are going to be OK. I will kill this thing personally if I have too" said Sam near my ear. I pulled Sam closer to me, I didn't know why, I just wanted him closer to me. He reluctantly let his body get closer to me, I didn't know what came over me. I tried to pull of his shirt, Sam quickly pulled away," Nathan, what are you doing?"

"I am so sorry, I don't know what came over me" I said feeling more stupid then I ever have, "I didn't mean to do that"

"Nathan, it's OK, I just. I can't do that, I am straight. I don't have a problem with you being gay, it's just not me"

"Maybe I should go" I said getting off the bed, Sam pulled me back to the bed.

"You're not going anywhere, I can be your friend, don't leave. You need to stay here, it's safe here."

"Sam, it's going to be weird now, I would rather die" I said, I didn't know why but it slipped out, Sam looked at me horrified.

"What the fuck? Nathan, just because I'm not gay you're going to go out there and get killed! No! You're going to stay here and fucking deal with it! Got it?!" screamed Sam in an angry tone, I swear his eyes turned black for a second, I nodded and he calmed down, "I'm sorry, i just don't want you getting hurt"

"You're right, I shouldn't have tried to take off your shirt. I just I feel alone now, Sam. It's like, I don't have anyone anymore. My mom died, my dad hates me, and my best friend is gone. Whose gonna be there for me?" I asked wiping tears away.

"Me for one, and possibly Dean. You're never alone. My mom died when I was a baby and my dad died saving Dean. Dean is all I have now. I know how it feels" said Sam with a frown.

"I bet your mom didn't die burning over your bed when you were five" I said, Sam's eyes got big, "what?"

"My mom, " started Sam when the door opened and Dean entered waving a box of pizza in his hand.

"Are we having a crying party in here, ladies?" asked Dean with a smirk.

"I need to talk to you outside, now" said Sam as he got off the bed and practically pulled Dean out the door, I just sat on the bed wondering what they were talking about while the tears fell down from my eyes