Status: Hiatus: Possible re-write/re-post in the future.

Trapped

Chapter 1.

Imagine yourself as a child playing musical chairs. The music starts and you circle the chairs. The music stops and you race to find a chair. Only there aren’t enough. You don’t make it to a chair. You lose.

Now imagine that game of musical chairs, yet you’re around eighteen years old, trapped on an island with your friends, supplied with a weapon. Only if you’re the last one standing, you’re not the loser. You’re the winner. The most terrifying game of musical chairs ever.

Forced to kill off your friends until you’re the last one alive. All your friends lay dead around this deserted island. Some shot, some stabbed, some even beaten or strangled to death. You sit there in the shrubbery, holding a weapon in your hand, maybe a gun, maybe a knife, or maybe even a fork. Scrapes, cuts, and even a gunshot wound adorn your body. Dried blood smudged on your temple. Hair matted, knotted, just a complete mess. Clothes tattered and torn, smudged with dirt mixed with blood. Your body physically drained from the lack of food. Three days passed and all you’ve eaten was a piece of bread and a bottle of water.

You hear your name through an intercom to come back to where it all began. The building where just that short time ago you sat with your friends. Taken hostage by the government. The only thing keeping you from swimming away to the mainland you see in the distance is the metal collar around your neck. You go back to the building in the middle of the island seeing the occasional decaying corpse of someone who you knew your whole life. Back inside the building where you heard it all explained to you and your friends why you were being forced to kill each other.

All because of the government was afraid of the teenagers taking control of the world. They decided that only the best could be alive. That best being defined as the one who could handle a weapon, and not be afraid to kill anyone.

Would you agree that this version of musical chairs is definitely the most terrifying? You sit back and hope that this would never happen to you.