Status: Hiatus: Possible re-write/re-post in the future.

Trapped

Chapter 4.

All heads turned to Kelly who was standing. Her green eyes fierce with anger.

“And why is this ridiculous, Miss Kelly?”

“Forcing us to kill each other!? You can’t! It’s against the law!”

“Well, I’m not the one breaking the law. And what they don’t know won’t hurt them. Would the winner come out and say, ‘Oh yeah I killed my entire class.’ No they wouldn’t. Now, if you’ll kindly sit down, I shall proceed and get you all on your way.”

Kelly reluctantly took her seat, and everyone turned their attention back to the instructor.

“Now then. Where did I leave off? I got the day bags, the collars, the rules. Oh, the time limit. If twenty-four hours pass and no one has died, the computer automatically will detonate the collars, and then we have no winner. But that’s no fun, is it? No.”

He paused for a moment and sighed deeply as if he was thinking. He pressed a finger to his lips, then rubbed his chin. Then he was about to speak again, but interrupted by a hand going up. It was Dan, one of the smart kids.

“Yes…-” the instructor paused to look at the paper. “-Daniel. What do you want?”

Dan ran a hand through his light brown hair, messing it slightly. “Is this…really necessary? I mean you can just make laws, you don’t need to force us to kill each other.”

“I suppose I could, but where’s the fun in that?”

“And where’s Mr. Bradshaw?”

The instructor wore a grin, then waved to one of the soldiers that was standing by the door. All the students tensed up, and a couple even whimpered at the fear of what was coming. The soldier came back in, holding their teacher by the collar of his shirt, a gun pointed at his head. Mr. Bradshaw, who was always so sweet, caring, and just a great teacher who always wore a smile, now wore the look of fear. There was a lump on his head, and a stream of dried blood ran down his right temple to his neck, staining his shirt. He also had a busted lip.

“Your teacher is right here. Now, Daniel, take your seat, so we can continue and get you guys out of here.” The instructor started to sound impatient. “Okay, I will randomly call names every two minutes and you will walk on out of here. You will take your own bag with you, and grab a day pack. You are not to open them until you get outside. And you will go straight outside, or you will be shot in the hallway. Got it?”

Some students nodded.

“Well, I guess that’s it. Before you go, get this through your heads: You are going to kill each other. You will not falter. You will win. Say it three times in your heads, and say it every time you run into one of your classmates. You will kill each other.”

“Wait, will you please just let the kids go?” Mr. Bradshaw spoke up. “You can do what you want with me, just please don’t hurt these kids. They’re wonderful kids that deserve to live life to the fullest.”

The instructor went into that thinking mode again where he rubbed his chin.

“Well. They are a great group of students. But how about this? You go first so you don’t have to see them die?”

“What?”

He snapped his fingers and the soldier pulled the trigger. The bullet pierced though Mr. Bradshaw’s chin straight through the top of his head. Blood and chunks of something spattered out. Mandy, who was sitting closest was splattered with blood and chunks of brain stuck to her dirty blonde hair.

“Oh my god!” she screamed, quickly getting up from her seat. She stepped back quickly, still screaming.

“Hey! Back to your seat!”

Mandy stood between the rows wiping blood off her face, trembling from fear. She seemed to not hear the command. She whimpered. The instructor snapped his fingers and the soldier pulled the trigger on his pistol twice. The first shot hit her in the chest, and the second in the forehead. Her body fell backwards, her head collided with Sandy’s desk before landing with a thud on the floor. Sandy whimpered, and ran a hand through her black hair. She looked forward, trying to ignore the corpse next to her. The smell of blood began to fill the room, causing some students to gag and cough a little.

“Okay, with no more interruptions, let’s get you out of here. The first one to leave is-” he reached his hand into a jar. “Joan.”

30 Students Remaining