Sequel: Inbetween

Shock Factor

Shh... its a secret.

Alex opened the drawer and took out a knife. It was still dark, and she was alone in the kitchen, her sister was still asleep. She walked across the room and opened the door. She paused; a glint of light from the moon caught her eye, reflected off of the blade.

She reached into the fridge and picked up the butter and the jam, before turning back to her toast. She would have moaned about the broken light bulb, but her sister still wouldn’t have changed it. And she’d only complain if Alex changed it herself.

She was up early because she was going to go to the airport. On the rare occasions she drove, she drove fast. Also, they didn’t want Nickey to pick them up. It was her birthday, and they were planning her surprise.

She got to the airport with time to spare, so she bought a coffee and sat down waiting. It had been a hectic few weeks. Some kids who were convinced they’d seen Green Day in the shop and had been buying stuff that they thought Green Day might own.

She and Nickey had just rolled their eyes, like the kids were mad. And anyway, none of them had bought the right top yet. She had yet to admit it, but seeing Mike topless had been sort of hot… Weird, she thought, and went back to her coffee.

She was sitting there when they walked past. She was out of their view and they were out of hers, but she knew that they were there when she heard their voices.

“Can I have a coffee?”

“Jeez, you had one on the plane! We only just got off!”

“But I want a coffee!”

“And I want a doughnut. And one of those hot chocolates with the marshmallows and whipped cream”

“Alright. We gotta meet Alex though…”

They turned into the coffee shop, and she looked up. Yup, there they were. She got up, and they saw her.

“Trust you to want whipped cream! Oh, hi Alex!”

They all had coffee, and Alex got a hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream, just because they’re so good, and they planned some more of the surprise.

It was gonna be hard keeping Green Day a secret again…