La Vie Parfaite.

School Life

Its Monday today and I have school. I think it’s about six in the morning but I have to wake up this early to give me time to get ready. School starts at 8:00 which that gives me an hour to get ready and an hour to free for myself. I have a strict routine which I follow every week day which is to; Push myself out of bed, use the toilet, take a shower, iron my school clothes, get changed in to them, fix my hair into a tall bun on the top of my head (which uses half a can of hairspray),check my school diary to see if I have any unfinished homework, and to pack my school books.

*******

By now its 7:53 and I’m still at home. I'm not really rushed because my school is just around the corner from my house. I take one last look in the mirror in the hallway before I leave just to check my hair isn't out of place and shut the door behind me. I don’t lock it because people round here don’t really need locks. You’re perfectly safe here and I don’t think anything has ever been stolen here. Everyone is really trusting which scares me sometimes. Like the other day one of Jan’s friends from the nabour hood just invited herself into the house which gave me the scare of my life. She just wanted to borrow our lawn mower, but she really could have knocked first. Stupid bitch.

When I finally arrive at school, I walk through the same hallways and greet everyone with a big false smile. It would be considered rude if I didn't. I went to my form room and saw the same snooty faces pierce me with their stares. No one really liked me in school because they thought I wasn't properly bred. Basically, in simple terms that means because I wasn’t born within their stupid town and born in another town that I wasn't there kind. Which was kinda true because I was nothing like them, and really and truly I didn’t want to be like them.

Anyway I found my place at the back of the class next to my best mate Danni. Actually he was the only friend I had ever made. I guess that was because he was the only person who despised Hither Hills stupid rules just as much as me. He wanted to rebel just like me and did so almost every day. He was the one person who new just what I felt about this place and how un real the lifestyle is. Danni totally agreed with me and un like me tried doing the opposite to the rules everyday. He gets away with it though because his dad is the Mayor of Hither Hills and basically runs the whole town. Danni hates his dad and secretly he know his dad hates him too.

“Hey Joanna! What’s up?” Danni said as I approached him.

“Nothing really. Just a bit tired from last night. I was up trying to finish my Maths homework.”

“Oh that sucks. What’s our first lesson today?”

“Um I think its science” I said flicking through her school diary just to make sure.

“Its just a thought but why don’t we skip our morning class today?”

“But what if someone found out? I dunno…. Where would we stay though until the break time?”

“If we go out onto the field there’s a gap in the fence and where all the trees are and then straight ahead is my house. We can go there because Mum is at an art class and my Dad is out playing golf.”

“Ok yeah cool. Lets do it”

Mrs Flatt our form teacher as usual took forever to do the registration and to make sure everyone was in but when she was finally done the bell went for our first lesson. We had to move quickly as some classes had a P.E lesson out on the field and we didn't want a teacher to see us.