La Vie Parfaite.

Being Caught!

Danni and me sneaked back into school at about break time. Some random kid called Alice started to approach us, with some kind of smirk on her face. She was a short slumpy kinda kid, who no one really liked, but I couldn’t really talk because no one really like me much either. My mind started to drift and she came. I started to think how her name reminded me of the film Alice In Wonder Land and how may be that’s who she was named after. Danni saw kinda drifting off and shook me as Alice started speaking to us.

“The head teacher wants to see you both in her office right away,” Alice said grinning to herself.

“Why? Whats wrong?” Danni said getting all frustrated with this weird girl.

“I dunno but it seems important”.

That damn liar. Of course she new why our head teacher wanted us otherwise why was she laughing. The head teachers office was at the top of the arts block and it was a very tall building. There was a lift but that was only for lazy ass teachers.

When we got to her door Danni laughed at the fact that she had her name on the door. Ms. Powel. Lots of people did that but what was the point. Maybe it was just in case they forget their name or maybe it because they named the door after themselves.
I knocked on her door and waited for a response.

“Come in!” Ms. Powel shouted. “Now, do you know why I have called you both to my office?” she asked us not looking too happy.

Danni replied “Um not really. Have we done something wrong?”

“Well actually yes you have. Something very serious indeed which is very unacceptable. When I was looking out onto the looking through the staffroom window, during around first period I saw you two slipping through a whole in the fence.”
I just grinned at myself at the fact that we got caught. I found the whole the quite funny. I didn't really know what to say to the damn woman so I just stood back behind Danni and let him do the talking. I think that was possibly my trade mark thing. Hiding from problems.

Danni also smiled for a moment and said, “Well maybe if the whole wasn't there then we wouldn't have been able to get out!”

“Excuse me. Who you think you’re talking to? And Joanna I can expect that from Daniel but from you. What do you have to say for yourself?”

Shit. She had noticed me. Now I couldn’t hide in my comfort zone. I just shrugged my shoulders and burst out laughing at the fact that she called Danni, Daniel. I new his real name was Daniel was his real name but I had always known him as Danni.

“Well seeing as you both find this very funny I think I’m going to have to expel you both from school just for a week, and then maybe you might learn your lesson!”

That was fine by us because we hated school. We never paid any attention in class and never learnt anything. She called for our parents to take us home. Jan wasn't too happy with me but I didn't care too much. She left me at the house and then went to her book club where all the other mums in Hither Hills met.

So there I was. All alone in the house. That’s probably the story of my life. Being alone. I decided to get a drink from the kitchen and to phone Danni. I dialled his number hoping that his parents didn't pick up the phone.

“Hi. Danni?” I say nervously.

“Hey Joanna! I was just about to call you. What did Jan do?”

“She went out but she said she would deal with me when she got back from her book club.”

“Oh ok. I think my mum goes to the book club as well. And my dads left me to go a do some stuff around town.”

I could talk to him forever but after about two hours on the phone I herd Jan coming back inside so I quickly said a short goodbye and ran up to my room. I opened some science homework making seem that I had been doing it all this time.