La Vie Parfaite.

Breaking Free.

Today in the morning when the alarm went off for school I didn't have to follow my stupid routine which at the back of my mind was a relief. I still had to carry on though with the sodding school work as Ms. Powel had given me some to do just before I left. Also I have to bake a dozen cupcakes for Mr and Mrs Hunter who lived next door. It was to thank them for letting us use their hosepipe. On the up side I would be left alone in the house again as Ryan was leaving to watch a horse race and Jan was going to the spa. Ladies round here had to keep a certain appearance and Jan thought going to the spa would make her look like one of the other young mums. Not to be rude but it would take a bit more than a day in a spa to make her look younger.

I wasn't really too bothered about the work Ms Powel had given me so after I had made myself look a bit more decent from my morning face I headed straight to the kitchen to make the stupid cupcakes. I had never really made cupcakes before in my life so I searched for the recipe book which was kept next to the fridge. If Jan new I was using a recipe book to help me make the cakes she would really think something was wrong with me because all the girls in Hither Hills are supposed to know how to cook, clean, look after kids and tidy the house. I know it was wrong but just about everything was idiotic.

Ok first on the list it said the ingredients.

Cooking Time: 10 – 30 Minuets

What you will need to make the basic cupcakes:

* Four cups of sugar
* Two eggs
* Four cups of self-raising flour
* 1 tsp vanilla


It didn't sound that hard so I grabbed a bowl from the side and pre – heated the oven to 180C. The room started to get a bit hot so I opened the kitchen doors, which lead to the garden. I stood outside just for a bit. As I was standing outside I could feel something coming up behind me. I was really scared to turn round but as I did to my amasment saw Danni standing there.

“FUCK Danni, you gave me the scare of my life!” I half shout probably scaring him even more.

“Wow chill. Sorry to scare you. I just came over to see how you were”.

“I'm ok, well sorta. I have to make some cupcakes and I haven’t got a clue what I’m doing”.

Danni just laughs and says, “Don’t worry. I’ll stay and help you. Who are they for anyways?”

“There for the nabours.”

We went back into the kitchen and Danni was like a genius. He didn't even use the stupid cook book. We started fooling around with the mixture and kept putting our fingers into the bowl, and we even added our special secret to the mix. Lets just say we had eaten half of the mixture and wanted to replace some of back into the bowl using a substance from our mouths. I normally didn't do that but I was just so pissed about everything.

This whole town was just getting to me and I really just wanted to leave. I couldn’t handle it anymore. I told Danni how I felt and he just smiled kindly like he always does and hugged me. When I was hugging him tears came to my eyes and I didn't want to let go of him. He was so warm and made me feel safe inside, and I liked being around him. Danni was the only person who I ever trusted after my mum and sis left.

“Jo please don’t cry. You’ll me cry too. If you don’t like it here and Jan and Raymond don’t listen to you then why don’t you just run away”.

“His names Ryan not Raymond. I suppose I could run away and I’ve thought about it but where would I go?”

“I dunno but anywhere is better than here. All I want to do I leave this candy floss land because right now it’s killing me. I mean people should be given the freedom to where what we want and be honest this place killing me.”

“Danni this place is killing me too but what about Ryan and Jan? I can’t just leave them here. And we can’t just go and not no where we’re going.” I say sounding all panicked.

“Well you are going to have to leave Jan and Ryan behind but why don’t you just right them a note to tell them not to panic and your safe and not to worry. And I might be able to call my cousin and ask him if we can stay with him for a bit.”

Sounding a bit more reassured I say, “Ok lets do it then. Lets run away. But won’t your parents be worried about you?”

“My parents? All they care about is looking to perfection and the way other people see them. They don’t really give a shit about me. I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating but really it’s the truth.”

I couldn't help it but just to smile and give him a quick hug. I could see he really wanted to be close to his parents but wasn't. He tried improving his grades, and that didn't work, he tried taking and interest in what his dad did but his parents just ignored him. Danni even started cutting which almost caused me to lose him. Anyway he doesn't anymore but secretly even though he hides it he really hurts on the inside.

I left a note for Jan and Ryan on the dinning room table and packed a few things into a small bag and met Danni at his house. I took one look at the perfect, neat and tidy house and slammed the door behind me.