Trust Me

"I trust you."

"I want to show you something," he said softly. I followed him around the trees. I was scared. The sun had already set and we were far from any houses.

"Don't worry. You can trust me, Tara." He turned to me and smiled his sweetest smile. He must have heard how reluctant my steps were as I trailed behind him. The bag he carried with him made clinking noises, making me a bit more comfortable. Just the noises of the insects and branches frightened me a little. I found it was just too quiet. The thought of being alone in such a labyrinth of a forest was not pleasant. Slowly, the amount of trees began to thin out. Smaller and in less condensed groups, the trees finally showed a view of where we were. I could see the sky from here, suddenly realizing how steep the hill we had ascended. I was too scared to continue.

"Tara?" he finally stopped, turning around.

"We're so high up." I quivered.

Hadyn gripped my hand and looked into my eyes. Taking his other hand, he placed it lightly on my face. "Tara, promise me that you trust me. I would never put you into any danger." His fingers brushed my hair behind my ears.

"I trust you."

Still keeping his hand gripped softly on mine, he pulled me towards the top of the hill. A tall tree stood alone at the very top. There were no leaves on it, just it's bare branches reaching upwards. Hadyn let go of my hand and dropped his bag by its roots. Before I could even realize the danger, he was climbing at a quick rate. He stopped at the highest think branch he could.

"Tara, come." he gestured with one hand as the other held on the branch was perched on. Mustering any confidence I had left, I gripped onto the bark and branches. I didn't look down. I knew if I did, I'd fall right away. "Come on, you can do this." Following his voice, I hurried and Hadyn grabbed onto my arm and placed me beside him.

"You can open your eyes now, Tara dear," he cooed. I realized I had held my eye lids shut when he had grabbed me. I guess I didn't want to see how far up I exactly was.

"It's beautiful up here." Creeping open on eye, I saw how the trees we had passed made a slope down the hill. It was really nice. From here, the ocean could be seen. It glittered as the moon shone it's milk like light down upon the town.

"Wow, it is amazing." I turned to Hadyn as I gripped onto the branch with my dear life. "Thanks for bringing me up here. I would have never known how absolutely amazing it is at night."

Slowly, Hayden leaned forward. I voluntarily leaned back, hitting the tree. Embarrassed and blushing, he pulled back, looking away.

"No."

Turning around to my word and still a little flushed, I kissed him. I had forgotten how dangerous it was, I had started to lose my balance, but his hands pushed me against the tree. Pinning his lips onto mine, one hand in my hair and the other on my back. I could feel my face burn as his mouth moved against mine. Finally, he released and looked at me.

"Sorry," he whispered.

"Don't be," taking his arm and pulling him in again.

Instead of my mouth, he began to kiss my face. Brushing his lips against my cheeks, on each eye and teasing me around the lips. Both hands in my hair, I held onto his shoulders. Finally, he set his kisses back onto my mouth. This time, he just kept them there. Not moving, Hayden stayed still, each hand holding onto me. He stopped after a little bit. Still close to me he said, "I want to remember the moment I touched your lips." I leaned forward and placed my head on his chest, gripping my arms around his torso. Closing my eyes, I focused on his heart beat. I counted each one until I fell asleep.