Noticed

Chapter 10

“Get up!” I felt two hands shaking me and I heard the voice, but I just didn’t want to move. I hadn’t gotten home last night until midnight and then I couldn’t sleep because all I could think about was that kiss.
“No,” I groaned.
“God, get up! We have like 45 minutes before we have to be at work!” I shot straight up.
“Fuck! Why didn’t you wake me up sooner?” I yelled, jumping out of bed.
“I’ve been trying for like 15 minutes to wake you up, what time did you even get home last night?”
“Late,” I said, grabbing my towel and heading into the bathroom for what could quiet possibly be the fastest shower of my life.

One song about a girl, can't breathe when I'm around her. I'll wait here everyday in case she scratch the surface, she’ll never notice. Aubrey reached over and turned the volume up on the radio and started singing along. I sighed as I flipped down the visor and started putting my eyeliner on. “What?” Aubrey said over the music.
“Nothing.”
“There is definitely something. What are you not telling me?”
“Nothing,” I said again, leaning closer to the mirror.
“You tell me, or I am going to step on the brakes so hard that you will go blind from poking yourself in the eye,” I pulled the eyeliner away from my eye just to be safe. She smiled content with herself.
“Fine, something kind of happened last night at work.”
“What kind of something?” She asked, looking at me out of the corner of her eye.
“A boy kind of something.”
“Co-worker?”
“No.”
“Singer?!”
“Yes.”
“Who?!” She asked, turning her head fully to look at me, her eyes were bugging out.
“Nick Jonas,” I mumbled quickly.
“What?”
“Nick Jonas,” I said again. She didn’t say anything. I looked over at her and her mouth looked like it was about to hit the seat.
“Can I finish putting my eyeliner on now?”
“No! Tell me everything!” She turned down the radio.
“Seriously, we are like three minutes away, I need to put my eyeliner on. I’ll tell you later. It’s not a big deal,” No, it just kept me awake until 3 a.m.
“Fine,” she grumbled, twisting her mouth into a pout. I rolled my eyes and continued to put my eyeliner on.

As we walked into the lobby Aubrey kept bugging me about last night. I finally turned to her, while still walking, and said, “Aubs, stop. I will tell you when we get home, just drop it.”
“I can’t! This is huge! And you won’t tell me what happened,” She pouted again.
“Enough with the sad face!” I joked. Just then I hit something hard. “Sorry! I should really watch where I walk,” I said, looking up, “Oh, hi,” I smiled.
“Hey,” he smiled shyly.
“Hi!” Aubrey said someone loudly.
“This is Aubrey,” I said pointing to her.
“Hi,” she smiled. Just then Abbey walked up to us.
“I see you met your new artist Carter,” she smiled.
“Excuse me?”
“I thought you could manage on your own, so you’ll be working with the Jonas Brothers for the rest of their recording sessions,” she said simply. Fuck. “And Aubrey, I need you to come with me, we need to get right down to business this morning.”
“Okay. See ya Carter, nice meeting you Nick,” she waved and followed Abbey.
“So,” I said. Nick laughed shyly, “To the recording studio?”
“Yeah,” he said, and we headed towards their recording room. We walked into a room with wood floors and matching wood wall paneling. I noticed this room had a warmer feel than Demi’s did. “Hey everybody, this is Carter. She’s our new groupie,” Nick joked. I guess my position didn’t exactly have a title.
“How’d you score that, dude?” The brunette that walked in on us asked.
“Shut up, Joe,” Nick mumbled. Did he set this up? “I didn’t, Abbey assigned her to us,” well that clears that up. What, does this kid have super mind reading powers or something?
“I’m Joe,” The brunette said, waving as he adjusted some stuff on a guitar.
“Hey sorry I’m late,” Another curly haired brunette walked in. He noticed me right away, “Oh, hi, I’m Kevin,” he said sticking out his hand. I shook it as he looked at Joe and Nick like ‘who the hell is this chick?’
“She’s our new groupie,” Joe laughed.
“Okay?” Kevin looked confused. He obviously didn’t get the joke.
“I work here, I’m Carter. Abbey assigned me to you guys.”
“Oh, okay,” he looked kind of relieved, “I thought you were a fan and I was like okay how’d she get in here,” he laughed slightly.
“Ha, no,” he walked over and joined Joe on the couch, where he picked up a guitar and started tuning it. I stared next to him at the wall of Gibson guitars. I have to admit, I was slightly in awe.
“You play?” Nick asked quietly.
“Yeah, but I’m no where near as good as you guys,” I said, looking at him out of the corner of my eye.
“I think you should let me be the judge of that,” he smiled.
“We’ll see,” I smiled back.
“Okay, let’s get to work,” Kevin said.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you liked :] comments pleaseee

aubrey's outfit
carter's outfir