Status: Completed.

Russian Roulette

The End

Emery starts digging around frantically in her pockets. She pulls out a set of keys, a piece of folded up paper, and a pen. She places the paper on her leg, unfolds it, rips it in half, and starts to write quickly on one of the halves. When she finishes with one half she starts on the other. Tommy watches curiously, along with Eric, as Emery whispers something to Dylan. She thrust one of the papers in his hand. He scribbles something down.

"Tommy," Emery says softly, turning to him. "You are going to be the one to live today."

"What? No! I'm going to take my turns."

It's Dylan’s turn to talk. "No Tommy, You aren't. We are. We won't let you die." Dylan squeezes Emery's hand.

"None of us will let that happen." Eric adds in.

Emery takes a deep breath. "You need to listen to me okay?" Tears are freely flowing down both Tommy and Emery's faces. She holds up one of the pieces of paper. "This paper, has our address, safe combination, lawyers phone number, everything important you need on it. The second piece of paper," She holds it up. "Is a letter to our lawyer. It tells him everything of ours, all our money, our house, our insurance, everything goes to you. It also tells him to help you become emancipated. When all this is through go and see him. Okay?"

He's shaking, "I can't do this. I have to take my turns. We'll all have an equal chance." He was shaking his head.

"Tommy no," It was Eric. "I will take your turns till I die"

"And if Emery dies and I live...I just, I can't be without her, so I will also take your turns."

"If Dylan dies, I can't live. So I will take your turns. You will live Tommy." She took his hand and placed her keys in it. Emery folded up the papers and gave them to him too. "Please take care of yourself Tommy." She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. Tommy reluctantly puts the objects in his pocket.

Dylan took the gun. He reloads. Finger on the trigger, pull. Nothing. It's Emery's turn. Pull. Nothing. She goes to hand the gone to Eric. Tommy screams for her to stop. To let him take his turn. They ignore him. He has to live.

Eric takes the gun. It goes off. He slumps to the table. Tommy yells. "No! No, no, no! That was my turn. I should have died." He throws a fit. Trying to get out of his chair so he could get the gun. He can't. He slams his hands onto the table. Blood splashes. It flecks is face, covers his hands. He stops moving.

Dylan takes the gun. Places the bullet in the cylinder, spins it, cocks back the hammer. His finger presses down. Blank. He has to take Tommy's turn. Pulls back the hammer once more. Squeezes the trigger. Blank.

Emery takes the gun. Before she puts it to her head, she slides her engagement ring off her finger. She takes Dylan’s hand, slides his ring of his finger. Dylan smiles softly, understanding what she's doing. She turns to face Dylan. "Take 'em. We don't need them anymore." She couldn't stop the flow of water. Neither could Tommy. He gingerly took the rings from her. He unhooked a thin silver chain from his t-shirt. Taking it off, he places both rings on the chain, then refastened it.

Emery turns back to her beloved. She pulls the trigger. She's still alive. Her tears fall faster. It's Dylan’s turn. He's going to take Tommy’s too. No matter what. He will die this time. Dylan kisses Emery passionately. He pulls away from her. The gun fires. He’s dead.

She tries not to freak out, for she will be with him soon. Emery feels a pressure on her hand. Tommy's squeezing it. "When you get scared," He whispers softly. "Just squeeze my hand."

She smiles at Tommy. He lets go of her hand briefly, so she can load the gun. Emery takes his hand again. She squeezes it tightly. The trigger is pulled, she flinched, nothing happens. She pulls it again. Nothing. With one hard squeeze Emery tugs the trigger. It fires.

The grip on Tommy's hand is no longer there. Emery is slumped on the table. Her face turned towards Tommy. Her eyes are still open.

There's a clink. Suddenly light floods the room. A door was opened. The voice comes on the loud speaker one last time. "The key for your cuffs is taped to the bottom of the chair. You may leave." A cackle and the voice disappears.

Tommy reaches under his chair. Sure enough, there’s a key. He unlocks his restraints. He stands and looks around. His eyes linger on Dylan and Emery. Taking a deep breath, he turns Emery's head so its facing Dylan. His hands once more being covered in blood.

He starts to make his way to the door. With a look at the people long gone, he notices something in Joel's hand. Tommy gets closer. Uncurling Joel's fingers, he sees a photograph. It's of a younger Joel, an older man, and woman. His parents. Tommy takes the photo. He’ll give it to Joel's parents when he finds them.

He steps away from the table. And makes it to the door. He looks out. The street is empty. No cars, no people. With one last glance at the people who saved his life, he walks out into the sunlight.
♠ ♠ ♠
There will be a sequal. It will be a lot longer then three parts. Just keep in mind that this was originaly just supposed to be a one shot.