‹ Prequel: Dark Magic

Secret Magic

Chapter 22

Draco wandered the castle that night. Maybe he would find Alice somewhere, hidden amongst the shadows. She was pretty good at that. He looked for her everywhere behind every statue and corner. He looked in classrooms and out in the court yard. He even thought about venturing out to the grounds and the forbidden forest just to see if she was there. He need to see her, she was in trouble and he could feel it. His head started hurting and he tried to shake it away but it stayed steadfast. It was a pounding headache worse than ever.

Draco. Draco. Alice is with me now. Do you want to see her again? Draco. All you have to do is join Draco. Pledge your alligence to me. That;s all. Your father will be so proud.

It was a voice inside his head Draco had never heard before. He knew about Alice, it must have been Voldemort. The pain was excruciating.

Draco. I need to see you. Draco please it's me, Alice. Draco!

The voice was Alice this time. She sounded panicked and worried. Draco didn't know what to do. The voice kept talking but it was fading. Draco started walking in the direction he thought he heard the voice. He forgot it was all in his head.

Please Draco please. Help me.

Draco quickened his pace. He started running through the halls. It was dark and he was feeling his way around every so often running into walls and status. He didn't care he needed to find Alice. She needed him. He kept running the voice getting louder until it was so loud Draco let out a yelp and fell to the ground. The voices stopped and he could only hear his heart and heavy breathing. Footsteps alerted him and he stood up.
"Draco. You are a dissapointment" it was his father. Draco squinted his eyes to see but it was no use there was no light. He went to grab his wand but found it wasn't there. He must have left it in the common room.
"Why are you here" Draco asked the darkness that surrounded him. He suddenly felt a huge object strike him on the back of his head. He fell to the ground, then realized his father had hit him with his walking stick. Draco tried to get up but was hit again.
"You filth, trying to save some girl. A girl who will never be within your reach. A girl who is far greater than you will ever be" Luscious practically spat.
"Why are you so against her?" Draco asked trying again to get up. Luscious struck him down again.
"Lumos" Draco became bathed in the light of his fathers wand. Draco got up and this time was able to stand without being hit.
"Alice is mine. She always has been. She was once Annabella, Annabella Lox" Luscious started and Draco thought he heard tears choke his fathers words.
"Alice is the reincarnation of Annabella I just know it. She looks just like her. She was beautiful and she was mine. But she was taken from me by another and I never saw her again. Now she's back, and you want to take her from me again" Luscious screamed lunging at Draco. He knocked him to the ground and beat Draco with the stick.
"Stop! Stop!" Draco begged as he writhed in pain. Draco was starting to realize his fathers insanity. He had never heard of an Annabella before from his father or mother. Never seen her when he was looking through old pictures of his parents years at Hogwarts.
"You are weak. You are no son of mine" Luscious said hate dripping from his words.
"Nox" and with that Draco was left alone in the dark hallway beaten and bruised.

He made his way back to the common room and found some commotion coming from the boys dorms. He walked up the stairs and into the dorm.
"Where have you been?" one of the boys asked looking at Draco.
"What happened to you?" another asked staring at the blood that was dripping from his head and lip that had stained his shirt. Draco wiped the blood from his face and walked to his bed.
"Please don't mind me continue" Draco said taking his blood soaked shirt off to reveal blue and purple splotches covering his torso. The group of boys averted their gaze and continued their frenzied whispers. Draco put on a clean shirt and sat on his bed.
"Dumbledores been charged with treason and has fled capture" Goyle said to Draco.
"Umbridge is now the new headmistress" another boy said. Draco simply nodded his head to verify he had heard. The boys finished their discusion and turned of the lights. They all went to sleep except for Draco who was still sore from his beating. He needed to find Alice any way he could. If she was a Death Eater that means she was somewhere with his father and she wasn't safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment:subscribe