Status: On hold for 'The Fighter'.

Hush Hush

Capítulo Catorce

Jade walked out of the dorm bathroom ready for the field trip. Lily, however, looked at her like she had multiple heads.

"You know you're going to hate me if I let you walk out of here in that skirt."

Jade looked at her attire. "Usted seguro?"*You sure?*

Lily nodded, "It might be sunny, love. But open the window."

Jade listened to Lily and unlocked the window placed in between their beds. A gust of wind rushed in lifting Jade's skirt and releasing an "Ay!" out of her mouth. Lily giggled as Jade shut the window quickly. Jade faced Lily with a smirk; she had an idea. Jade clapped her hands together and blinked, changing her entire appearance. Lily stood there gaping at her roommate as she twirled around.

"What do you think?"

Lily gave a little gasp, "It seems I have to catch up to you." Lily laughed with Jade.

"My abuelita taught me a lot of nonsense when Mamá was working."

Bringing up her grandmother only made Jade remember yesterday. Jade's smile faded and Lily guessed why.

"You haven't heard from them?"

Jade shook her head as she sat on Lily's bed.

"You didn't here her when we were discussing communication. She was adamant on writing every day. I do write and there is no response. Nada. It just doesn't make sense and I had a bad feeling yesterday after class. So bad, I had a panic attack. I ran to the Quidditch pitch looking for a wide space of air, thinking it would help. Sirius saw me and some how got me to calm down and carried me to the common room." Jade faced Lily.

"Lily, I told Dumbledore about my feeling."

"Well, what did he say?" Lily was anxious.

"He said to sit tight and not to worry."

Lily looked like she was figuring out a mathematical theorem, "Hm. I do say that is a bit odd. But you should trust his judgment."

Jade sighed, "There is a storm coming, Lily. And it would be completely and utterly unacceptable if I cannot protect my family. That I am most certain of."

Lily never questioned why Jade was placed in Gryffindor, but now she knew why. Her golden heart and determination could never fit anywhere else. She would always protect those she loved. She would always care for them and accept them no matter what they had done or who they are. Lily will never see the amount of loyalty Jade has in somebody else. Jade was special and she was at this school for a reason, that much was evident.

Lily moved some hair out of Jade's face, "Trust your heart and your instincts. But never forget you have family here now that need you to protect them."

Jade grinned like the Cheshire Cat and suffocated Lily in a bone crushing hug. They laughed together and ran down stairs to the common room to see if the boys were there.

{H&H}

James and Sirius were chatting away about absolutely nothing when the girls came down, hand in hand. Sirius nudged James with his elbow.

"Looks like you have some competition, mate."

James turned ready to death glare the bugger to submission, but stopped when he saw it was Jade next to Lily, not some bugger. He turned swiftly back to Sirius glaring and slapped him upside the head.

"Don't scare me like that. Ever."

Sirius rubbed his head and apologized believing it was funny before he said it. Feeling sorry, James apologized for hitting him too hard.

Jade smirked, "Awe, look Lily. The sisters made up."

Lily giggled, "Adorable, indeed."

Sirius shined a sarcastic smile to Jade and James tried to return from his version of Heaven that was Lily. James shook his head out of the daze Lily pulled him in and turned to Jade.

"Trix, you joining us today?"

Jade glanced at Lily as if asking for permission and Lily nodded with a roll of her eyes afterwards.

"Sure, Jimmy. What's the plan today?"

Sirius spoke up, "Well, we were waiting for Remus to drag Peter's fat arse down here so I could eat."

James raised his hand to deflect Sirius from hearing but still spoke loud enough for Sirius to hear. "Padfoot's a bit cranky when he's not fed."

Jade shaped her mouth like an 'O' in understanding and Lily giggled at Sirius' glare at James' head. Before he could retort, Remus came down the steps towards the group.

"Peter said his parents never signed the waiver for him to go. Hello, girls."

Both young ladies waved and said 'Good morning.' as Sirius groaned.

"Bloody hell; I've been starving for nothing?!"

Jade sighed, "Why don't we leave Peter to rest while 'His Highness' here can eat what ever is left of breakfast."

James chuckled, Remus smirked, Lily giggled again while trying to cover her mouth with her hand and sauntered to the front of the group next to James. Sirius laughed sarcastically at Jade as she smiled at him like he smiled at her before. On the way to the Great Hall, the walking order was Lily talking to an elated beyond belief James, with Remus behind them checking his bag; double checking that he had everything. Jade humming to herself behind Remus, followed by Sirius taking the rear of the group, doing nothing but sulking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Muahahaha!
I feel good about this chapter.
Feel free to point anything out.
I know I miss words in sentences.
cc:
<3