Status: On hold for 'The Fighter'.

Hush Hush

CapĂ­tulo Nueve

Jade walked near the children chattering excitedly near the entrance to the Great Hall. Of course it was a tad awkward with Jade's 5'6 structure towering over the eleven year olds probable 4'9 stature. They looked at her like she had a foreign formation sprouting from her head. Like herself, she ignored some and stared some back in the eye. Most would glance away but one particular one challenged her in a of the glare. Jade turned out to be superior and won, but the obvious child strutted up to her. Jade could see the arrogance in his presence; she knew he was trouble for a pre-pubescent.

He extended his right arm (first mistake; proper etiquette is to the left) to greet Jade. "My name is Lestrange."

Jade raised her eyebrow at the munchkin who thought he was too good for her. "No first name?"

He smirked, "Let's keep it like that until I know you better. I sense a spanish accent; may I ask where you are from?"

Oh no you don't.

Jade chuckled under her breath.

Little brat.

"You may; does not mean that I will answer."

Before he could respond a slender, tall middle aged women came from the Great Hall and cleared her throat. Obviously, she is telling the little ones to quiet down so she announce something.

Must be time to go.

The woman nodded at Jade and continued to look at the children. "Through these doors you will walk down the middle aisle and called alphabetically to your future house. There are four; Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflpuff. Griffyndor for the brave, Slytherin for the cunning, Ravenclaw for the wise, and Hufflepuff for the kind. After your house has been selected, you will sit with that house. From there the Head Boy and Head Girl will show you everything you need to know. This year is going to start a little differently with a transfer student having to go first."

Everyone looked at Jade for the moment. Some were scared, others indifferent, or sizing her up to be something of their imaginations.

If only they knew.

"Miss Castillo, please come up here and lead our first years to the end of the aisle."

"Yes, Ma'am."

Jade lifted her head high and walked with the upmost grace and respect that she could muster. She tried to block out all of the whispers that were thrown her way on that long walk to the sorting hat Lily told her about. Close to the end of the Gryffindor table, Jade glanced to see Sirius and James waving like idiots just to get her attention. It was thrown back to the hat when the lady from before started to speak to the general population again.

How did she get up there so fast?

"Jade Castillo."

Oh, she must be done telling everyone that I was a transfer student. This should interesting.

Jade tried her best to glide up the three steps to the hat and reached it with success. The lady smiled at Jade and patted the wooden stool for her to sit. Jade cooperated, even though she was scared out of her wits. She wouldn't mind making new friends; she just preferred the ones she already had. They were already her family, at first she could only glance at Sirius and pleaded for his support. He put up two thumbs and smiled, Jade couldn't help to not throw one back.

The hat was placed on Jade's head and spoke out right. Jade wasn't surprised because Lily told her everything before ever stepping foot on campus.

"Hmmm. I fell ultimate strength in your blood and a hidden power. Not even known by your own self. I sense the will to fight for what is correct in your heart and a moral code to keep thy self on track. Never ending love and hate for people; mostly love. I know where you
belong; GRYFFINDOR!
"

The whole table erupted in absolute applause and vibrations form the commotion could be felt in the concrete floor. Jade ran from the stool into the arm of Sirius and her friends; as they were already standing up and cheering the most obnoxiously.

Just like their style.

Jade was so proud of the lucky chance she was given to be with all of her best friends. She would surely write about it in her Journal to send to her mother at the end of the month. That was the arrangement her grandmother came up with the thought to let Jade have time to studies and friends without worrying about writing to her mother every day. Like her mother originally sought out to do.

Aye.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. Tired of the lack of feed back.
But now I just wrote for myself.
cc:
<3