Remember the Time

Childhood in an orphanage

ONE
Childhood in an orphanage
My oldest memory is of me watching a little girl playing with the only teddy bear in the whole orphanage, my hazel eyes focused on the pink little bear, that blonde girl was hugging him and i felt very jealous. At the time I worshiped bears they were my obsession for many years, even my first boyfriend got me lots of bears when I agreed to date him, now when I see them I don’t get all crazy about them, I only smirk and keep walking, I remember that my daddy used to say “If you see a bear I’ll buy it, no need to get upset” I would only nod and get excited because this meant we were going out, and I loved going out, this always meant he would buy me anything I wanted now I blame him for making of me such a selfish child.
I was living in Scotland at an orphanage in West Lothian, I loved that the nuns were sweet and cared about us, I had a strong relationship with one of them in particular, and her name was Pattie she always gave me chocolate when no one was watching and sang until I fell asleep, she was my first friend and her name the first word I said, that’s one of my memories, me drowning on the pool the only thing I choke out was “Pattie” she spun and saw me to throw herself at the water and save me, I’ll never forget she did that, she was the first person to save my life, and also the first person that truly cared about me.
My second memory is learning how to dance for a musical, all the girl were doing great except for me, I’ve always had two left feet, and no grace, the nuns would laugh do hard at my attempts to dance, they thought it was cute but I’ve always found it very embarrassing, watching all those girls swaying gracefully and watching me was a complete show.
I was born in September 26th of 1969 in the hospital of Walton in Liverpool, my mother Angela Harris was only sixteen so she and her boyfriend were told to take me to an orphanage in Scotland, my father was just as scared they were only sixteen and a baby was the last thing they needed, after leaving me they broke up, and never knew from each other, my mom moved to Kenya and dad went off to London. They just wrote in a card my name and birthday. They named me Abbey because both were Beatles fans, and the same day I was born the record Abbey Road came out to become a successful record, I find my name quite lovely, it is my full name, so when someone gets angry they can’t call me Abigail because then they are not speaking to me.
My live in that place was short because right when I was five years old a black man came, he wanted a pretty white girl, with hazel eyes and thick black hair, the nun with him saw me and immediately told him about me, I remember he smiling down at me, his smile was warm and shiny.
“Hello little one, would you like to come home with me?” I shook my head and pouted the nuns had always said to us to refuse every single invitation of a stranger “You’ll travel in a plane are you sure?” then I bit my lip and looked at the nun to ask her.
“May go?” what I didn’t know was that the man with the warm shiny smile would be the key to every door in my world.
♠ ♠ ♠
so i really put effort on this one, so comment