Status: Trying to update once a week!

My Immortal

Fourteen.

The mansion looked exactly as I thought it would. Elegant and antiqued. We were standing in what I believed to be the main room. A huge staircase was in front of us, and a huge chandelier above our heads. The walls a deep red colors, and the floor a deep brown hard wood. It was exactly what I ever pictured a bunch of vampires living in. It took my breath away.

"Amazing isn't it?" Brendon asked, smiling at our surroundings. "The first time I came here I couldn't believe it, I thought it was a dream. Sometimes, I still can't believe that I have the privilege to live here."

"It's perfect. It's exactly what I thought it would look like. You know the hunters live in a little crap shack? It's not fair that a bunch of monsters get to live large and get whatever they want." I said, and a look of hurt flashed through Brendon's eyes. He loved this place. "Sorry, not monsters, vampires." I corrected myself. "You guy's get the dream life. Eternal life, all the free things that you could ever desire. Who wouldn't want to live here." I whispered, William and my conversation flashed through my head. All I had to do was say that I want to be with Brendon. I could live the rich life.

"We're not all bad, Ry. Spencer, Tally, and a few others just want to life in peace. But William and the other founders just want power." He whispered.

"Then why are you his right hand man, Brendon." I asked, raising my voice slightly.

"Because I showed him loyalty. I saved his and Tally's life. But, that's a whole different story, for another night." Brendon said, and I nodded. Why did I feel so comfortable with him.

“I’m sorry for not showing up earlier. I didn’t have a choice, and well, I didn’t really trust you.” I admitted, looking away from his face.

“I don’t blame you. If I was in your position I probably wouldn’t of either.” I then took a few steps towards him, and leaned into his chest.

“Thank you for saving me.” I whispered into his chest, wrapping my arms around his waist. His whole body froze, then slowly relaxed as his arms made their way around me. I felt his chin rest on the top of my head and he hummed and tightened his arms around me. Suddenly, the door burst open and William entered the room.

“Ah, the love birds are finally making a connection, how cute.” William spoke smoothly, and I could hear the smirk in his voice. I kept my head buried into Brendon’s jacket, hiding the large blush that adorned my face. “You might want to move her up to your room for the night Brendon. The others are coming, and I don’t think you want newborns around her.” William demanded.

“Yes sir.” Brendon said, and then removed his arms from around me, taking my hand, and leading me up the stairs. We then went through a maze of hallways, and he then stopped in front of a door. “I will give you my room for the night If you’re not comfortable sharing with me.” He spoke.

“I’ll share.” I whispered, and he then opened the door and led me inside. The first thing I noticed was the fact that the walls were a deep blue, with a black ceiling, and black floors. The huge bed matched the walls. There was two other doors in the room, assumable that they led to a closet and a bathroom. The thing that stuck out the most in the room was the white grand piano that sat on the far side of the room. “You play?” I asked, crossing the room and running my hand over the top of it.

“I used to.” Brendon said sadly, as he joined me at the piano, sitting on the bench. He opened the cover and ran his hands over the keys. “It’s all I used to do before I got turned. I played the guitar too.” He let out a small laugh before he continued. “My parents used to tell me that I couldn’t make it in the music industry, that I was wasting my time. But, no matter what they said or did, I kept playing. If I would have stayed human, I know I would be famous, touring the world.”

“What happened?” I quietly asked.

“Well, I played every night after I was turned, that was before our clan was so big. But now I’m stuck training newborns and hunting. It was what kept me sane.” He admitted, and slowly closed the case, hiding the keys.

“When I was younger, my parents fought a lot. I used to hide away in Jon’s room, and listen to him play guitar. It was an old acoustic bass. It was the only thing that calmed me down, pathetic I know. It drowned out the screaming.” I said, then sat on the end of his bed, looking down at my lap. Brendon got up from the piano and sat next to me on the bed, taking my hand in his.

“Hey. Look at me.” He demanded, and my eyes slowly looked up to his. “It’s not pathetic, alright?” He said softly, and I nodded. “You are so beautiful.” He said, tucking my hair behind my ear. I quickly looked away, my face heating up. Brendon got up from the bed, and entered what I assumed to be the closet, then came out and handed me a pair of gym shorts and a white t-shirt. He then exited the room, leaving me to change. I quickly got dressed and laid down in Brendon’s huge bed, daydreaming. He came back about twenty minutes later, turning off the light and stripping down to just his boxers. “Do you mind if we share the bed as well?” He asked and I nodded. He then got in the bed and hesitated.

“You can hold me, Brendon.” I said quietly. And his arms wrapped around my waist. His muscled chest met my back and shivers ran through my body. He was perfect. His touch relaxed me, and I could feel sleep coming quickly.

“We have a connection, Rylynne. I know you feel it.” Brendon whispered. “It’s so strong, stronger than any claim could ever be. No matter how much you want to deny it, its there. I promise that eventually everything will be okay. I will make sure of it. I want to get closer to you, Rylynne. I want to know everything about you. I want you to know everything about me. I promise to always be there to protect you.” He nuzzled his head into the back of my neck and into my hair, leaving a small kiss on the back of my neck.

“Goodnight, Bren.” I whispered.

“Goodnight, love.”
♠ ♠ ♠
My longest update yet and I had to retype it. My internet crashed and I lost the whole thing, awesome huh?
Not gunna lie, I cried.
Sorry if this sucked.
If you guys give me feedback, it actually makes me want to update.
Comment and subscribe!