Dark Eyed Dreamers

Raegan

I expected to wake up with Alex’s arms wrapped securely around my waist. I expected to be greeted with his gorgeous smile and a soft kiss.

I was wrong.

I turned over to find a vacant space where Alex had been laying. I got out of bed, wrapping a blanket around my naked body, and made my way into the living room area.

“Alex?” I called out, but it was in vain. The place was like a ghost town. I felt tears stinging my eyes, but I tried my best to hold them back. I walked out onto the balcony and looked down at the parking lot. The space where Alex’s car was parked was now occupied by a green minivan.
I couldn’t hold back the tears. I curled up in a ball on the bed and cried.

This was so typical of him. This is what he did. He fucked girls then left them alone in the morning. I was a fool to think he would have changed for me.

Boys don’t change.

I just thought he’d have more sense that to abandon someone eight hours away from home without a car. My tears eventually slowed, and the sobs faded to whimpers then I fell silent as a few stray tears rolled down my cheeks.

Then something I didn’t expect happened.

The door opened.

In walked a very cheery looking Alex Gaskarth. He had a huge smile on his face, that is until he saw me.

“Rae, what’s wrong? Are you okay?” he asked wiping my tears away with his thumb.

“I-I thought y-you left me here. I started to panic.” I stated, feeling stupid.

“Raegan, I would never do that to you. Any other girl, maybe, but not you.” he said cracking a smile. “I went to get us some breakfast, I honestly didn’t think you’d wake up before I got back.”

I felt like shit. He had gone to do something nice for me, and I immediately thought the worst from him. I didn’t wuite know what to say, so I just leaned up and kissed him.

“I’m going to shower real quick, then we can eat together, okay?” I said, getting up with the blanket still wrapped around me.

“Boston?”

“Yeah, I have some stuff planned for us, then we’ll go home tonight.”

“Well, alright.”

So Boston it was. I was honestly a little apprehensive about going to the city. I hated cities, and I expected this one to be no different from any other big city out there. Oh, how I was wrong. The people were friendly, there was room to walk on the sidewalks, and the air was breathable. Alex led me to a building by the pier. I didn’t realize what it was until I read “New England Aquarium” on the side. We caught an IMAX movie on sharks, then spent a few hours in the aquarium.

It was magnificent. I’d never seen anything like it. A whole floor dedicated to penguins. I was so enthralled. We stayed for a few hours, then went for food. Alex practically dragged me over to the Quincy Market for some shopping, screaming he needed to buy something for Jack’s mom. I laughed, but being reminded of Jack made me really homesick. I was having a great time, but just wanted to sleep in my own bed, and see my sister.

“Alex, can we go home soon?” I asked after he bought a Boston T-shirt for Jack’s mom.

“Yeah, sure. Are you okay? Do you need anything?”

“No, I’m fine, just a little homesick.”

“Alright then.” He said. We walked to the car, fingers intertwined, in silence.

“Do you want me to drive?” I asked quietly. I felt bad, because I knew he was having fun, but I couldn’t be there any longer. I needed to be home. I needed to talk to Brae about what happened the night before.

“No, I can see you’re tired. I’ll drive. You sleep.” He said, kissing my forehead and starting the car. I put the hood up on my hoodie, and snuggled into the seat.

---

“Rae. Rae, wake up” Alex whispered, cupping my face in his hand.

“Are we home?”

“No,” he laughed, “We’re in Pennsylvania. I’m hungry, do you want to eat?”

“Yeah, yeah, sure.” I nodded, squinting my eyes at the lights of cars on the road in front of the parking lot of the small pizza place we were at. My vision cleared, and I saw that the dashboard clock read 6:48. I yawned and stretched.

The restaurant was really tiny inside, but it was cute. The waitresses called us “Sweetie” and “Hon.” It was a very home-like place. I liked it there.

Soon we were back in the car, bellies full, this time I was in the driver’s seat. The GPS read directions, when to turn, and when to not get off at exits.

It was dark when I pulled into my driveway. Alex was asleep. I shook him awake, and told him that we were home. He walked me inside, only to find an empty house. I didn’t expect my parents to be there, mom working the late shift, and dad never being home. Brae and Mikayla, however, I did expect to be home. I shrugged it off, thinking they were out with their man-candies.

“Do you want me to stay with you?” Alex asked, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“Yes please.” I said, giggling as he kissed my neck.

I turned to kiss his mouth and we got caught up in the moment. We fumbled up the stairs, into my bedroom, locking my door.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Katie and I are kind of considering discontinuing this story due to lack of audience. Seriously guys, 66 readers, 9 subscribers? Only two people have commented! Really? I'm getting really annoyed with no one doing anything. We both are. Subscribe / comment / whatever. Let us know if you actually read this unless you're Tara Muffins or Straight Up Hustler, who comments with EVERY update. If you don't start showing any sort of interest, we will not continue this. Fo Realz.