Dark Eyed Dreamers

Mikayla

I was in utter shock when Brae called me in tears, saying she needed to leave. I almost shit myself when I learned that it was all to blame on a fight she and Zack had gotten into. It was hard to believe that our very own ‘perfect couple’ hat gotten into a fight in the first place. It almost impossible to wrap my head around the idea of Zack and Braelyn getting to a fight that was so bad that she felt like she had to leave.

“Brae! Calm down! I’m sure this is all a huge misunderstanding and you just need to talk to him.” Rian attempted to talk to her; he was always trying to make us think. Braelyn continues to tear through the house and pack her bags.

“No. What I need is to not talk to him. Ever again!” Braelyn growled pushing her way past Rian and out the front door. She didn’t even acknowledge our presence as she threw her stuff into the back of her car.

“I’m sure whatever happened you two can work it out.” Rian called after her.

“Maybe I don’t feel like it making it work out anymore.” She yelled back. Rian and I exchanged looks of horror, was this the end of Braelyn and Zack? Was hell freezing over? Where there pigs flying?

“Just stop and think about this!” I yelled to her. Brae glared at me and threw herself into the driver’s seat, slamming the door closed for effect. “Wait! Where are you going at least?” Braelyn never answered me, she just drove off.

“What the fuck just happened?” Rian asked as we stood on the front porch watching the Braelyn’s car speeding down the street. I shrugged my shoulders in response, but Rian didn’t see me. We stood in the same spot, staring for a least a minute. Both of us were trying to process what just took place. “How long do you think it’ll take before Zack shows up?”

Rian and I both assumed that minutes after Braelyn left, that Zack would show up determined to set things right between them. We sat on the front steps for an hour, waiting for Zack. He never showed up.

- - -

Jack pulled his front door open before Rian could even knock. “Hey! Have you talked to Alex or Rae at all today?”

“No but-“

“Where are they? They should be home by now! Shouldn’t they?” Jack cut me off.

“I don’t know! I’ve never been there.” I walked away from Jack and into his living room. Zack gave me a lazy wave as a greeting and then continued to watch whatever movie he and Jack were watching before Rian and I arrived.

“They probably ran into some traffic, I’m sure they’d call if something terrible happened.” Rian reasoned, joining me on the couch.” Jack calmed down for a minute.

“But what if something bad did happen like-“

“Don’t say shit like that.” Zack prevented Jack from blurting out some graphic death scene, no doubt.

“Well what if it happened?”

“It didn’t.” Rian said shortly, obviously done talking about it. Jack was quiet for a minute or two.

“Where’s Brae?” Jack asked, just noticing that she wasn’t present. It was easy to not notice Braelyn, she isn’t exactly the type of person who’s presence demands attention.

“Probably still pissed off at me.” Zack muttered, earning Jack’s attention.

“Are you and Brae actually fighting?” Jack sounded almost excited. It was like he’d been waiting for the day when Zack and Braelyn got into a fight this big.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Zack answered with a frown, turning his attention back to the movie.

“I actually don’t know where she is.” I admitted sheepishly. I was sure Zack was going to jump down my throat about how I failed to find out where she was headed, and how much danger she could be in.

“What do you mean do don’t actually know where she is?” Zack asked, an unusual expression plastered across his face.

“She left earlier today, she wouldn’t tell me where she was going. She just packed up her shit and left.”

“Why didn’t you stop her?” I was surprised that Jack was the one who was angry with me, while Zack just continued to lay across Jack couch with that same strange expression. Did Jack really think that only two people could stop Hurricane Braelyn? Did Jack think any number of people could stop Hurricane Braelyn? I’m almost nothing can stop her when she’s that mad.

“Don’t you think I tried? Even Ri couldn’t get her to calm down! She was set on leaving!”

Jack pulled his cell phone out, dialing quickly and sticking the phone to his ear. It was useless, she hadn’t answered her phone the entire day.

“She’s not going to answer. We’ve been calling her all day.” Rian told him.

“What the fuck did you do to her?” Jack demanded.

“Nothing!” Zack defended himself, sitting up and looking uncomfortable while he fidgeted with his hands. “Why is it automatically my fault?” Zack snapped and stormed out of the house.

The three of us that remained in Jack’s living room sat in a shocked silence. Zack rarely gets that angry. “When the fuck are they going to get home?” Jack sounded like he had completely forgotten that he just pissed off his best friend.

It annoyed me that my two best friends still had the spotlight, even when they weren’t around. Everyone was too concerned about Braelyn and Reagan that they completely forgot about me. No one remembered that I had a doctor’s appointment that day.

Not one of my friends cared to ask how it went. They totally forgot that it was kind of a big deal that the baby was healthy, and I was healthy. No one cared though. They were too wrapped up in their own lives to give a shit about me or my baby.

I hated not being the center of attention
♠ ♠ ♠
Seriously, I don't know how to express just how much of a waste of time this story is. We have a few people who comment with every update, and we love them. But come on, this is te 15th chapter and only eleven of you commented and only nine subscribed. That's the opposite of inspiring. Just saying.

This might very well be the last chapter of this story. I'm serious about this. I don't know about Meghan, but I surely have no problem with letting this go unfinished. I need to know that people are reading this. I hate writing for no one.

End longest Author's Note ever.