Dark Eyed Dreamers

Mikayla.

I sat at the familiar diner with Rian and Zack, sipping on my Diet Pepsi as the two talked about touring.

“So we’re all set, then. We leave in three weeks.” Zack said with a sad tone.

“Still upset about Brae?” Jeeze, even my own boyfriend brought her up in conversation.

“How could I not be? We’ve been together for almost three years. I can’t imagine not being with her. I don’t want to not see her every day.”

“Why doesn’t she come on tour with us?” Rian suggested.

“No, I tried that. She’s dead set on going to college.” Zack replied, as the waitress set the check on the table.

“Why don’t you just break up with her now? Why prolong the inevitable? Plus, you’d have some practice at being single, the shock wouldn’t be so intense when you leave.” I said, counting the money we all pooled together.

“No! I want to be with her forever, I couldn’t do that.” he sighed, “I don’t know guys, I’m just going to head home. It’s the girls’ birthday on Friday, I need to make plans.”

“Ok, man. We’ll see you later.” Rian said, as we left the diner. Rian and I off to his car, Zack heading to his.
-----
Braelyn was out with Zack for the night, and Raegan was upset over something or another, so I offered to let her crash at my place.

She laid on her stomach on my bed, as I sat next to her, cross-legged. Surrounded my junk food and soda cans, we were watching 10 Things About You. Just as Patrick Verona started singing to Kat, Rae started to bawl.

“What’s wrong, babe?” I asked with fake concern.
“Its Alex.”
Surprise, surprise.
“What’d he do? I thought he changed.”
“I thought so, too! Now, though, I feel like he’s going back to how he used to be. I mean last night, we were supposed to go out. Like, he promised me we’d be going on a date-- dinner and a movie, all that jazz. Then he called me a-and he was with Whitney Morison!”

“Whitney Morison?!” I exclaimed. She nodded.

Holy shit. This was much more serious than I thought. Whitney Morison was the biggest slut in school. Easiest lay to ever was the halls of Dulaney, and also Alex’s ex-girlfriend. Serious concern started forming in the back of my mind. I couldn’t let this happen.

“Don’t worry, hun.” I said, rubbing her back. “I’ll take care of everything”
♠ ♠ ♠
I've had this finished for a couple of days, but I kind of forgot to post it on here.
Sorry, guys.
Also, sorry I had the worst writers block ever.
It was awful.
Luckily its all gone.
Also, my acid reflux has been like...
on crack.
So write now I'm dying a little.
It's awful.
Anyway, thanks for reading!
Please please please comment ! :D
<3
--Meghan!