Dark Eyed Dreamers

Mikayla

I could not believe that summer was ending already, the day that we we’ve all been silently dreading, the day we never planned to go this way. I imagined it differently, we all did. At the start of summer we all thought it’d go something like this: Reagan and Jack finally together. Braelyn and Zack would be having anxiety attacks because they’d be separated. Alex would wave goodbye to his groupies. Rian and I would hug each other goodbye and promise to call each other everyday.

Obviously, things did not go as we all hoped they would. Reagan and Jack weren’t even talking. Braelyn and Zack wouldn’t so much as look at each other. Alex was helping Rea we being a cute couple. Rian and I were attached at the lips with a baby growing between us. It was not what I had imagined at all.

Braelyn was clinging onto Jack for dear life, I knew if I didn’t get her away from him she’d breakdown in tears. I don’t think I would be able to deal with that, I’d breakdown too. I didn’t want to breakdown for the sake of Reagan and guys.

Brae and I had agreed previous to meeting that we would do our best to make this easier on them, and not to cry. I pushed Braelyn away from Jack, she blinked away the tears that were about to fall and moved onto to say goodbye to Alex.

“Jack, I’m gonna miss you so much!” I hugged him tightly.

“I’m going to miss you too. Promise me, do not have Jack Junior until we’re home.”

“That’s not his name, and I’ll do my best.” I smiled sadly. I was going to miss this.

“Promise?”

“Promise.”

“Pinky swear?”

“Pinky swear.” I extended my pinky out, linking it with Jack’s pinky and shaking.

“Bye.” Jack pulled me into another hug.

“Bye.” I replied and slowly made my way over to Alex.

I was going to miss Jack. I was going to miss Alex. I was going to miss Alex and Jack more. Together the two could make anyone’s day a little better, more fun, or more interesting. I was going to miss having interesting days, mine would be anything but interesting. All my friends were leaving and I was stuck.

“Cheer up! We’ll still be able to talk and shit. Plus, we’ll be home for Christmas. It’s not even that long.” Alex said cheerily.

“Shut up, that’s forever.” I pouted and hugged him for the last time until Christmas. “Have fun, be safe.”

“Bye.” Alex said releasing me.

I walked toward Zack. He looked horrible to put it nicely. He was pale and he looked absolutely miserable. I felt the smallest pinch of guilt in my gut. I was the one who talked him into breaking up with Braelyn. As much as I loved seeing them not nauseatingly happy, I didn’t much enjoy seeing them hating their lives.

“Cheer up, bud. You’re going on tour!” I tried without succeeding to lift Zack’s spirits.

“I’m happy.” Zack said, I’m sure he said it more for himself than for me.

“No. You’re miserable.”

“Well do you expect me to happy? She won’t even look at me!”

“How can you expect her to? She’s brokenhearted.”

Zack shifted his eyes back to the pavement, and took a deep breath. “Can you just let me know how she is once in a while.”

I nodded my head.

“Thanks.” Zack hugged me without much enthusiasm and went back to staring at the ground.

I kissed Rian one last time and that was it.

I was stuck in this shitty town and every single on of my friends were leaving, starting new adventures. It sucked, I hate being left out.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end.
There's gonna be a sequel.
For those of you who care.

COMMENT.