Dark Eyed Dreamers

Raegan.

Alex and I walked down the beach holding hands and just talking. It was so very… not him. I had no idea that Alex Gaskarth, manwhore extraordinaire, could me so thoughtful.

He abruptly stopped walking, and turned to look me straight in the eye.

“Rae, what I said earlier-”

“Al, I told you. Its fine, you were upset, I understa-”

“No, no, about Cape Cod. I still really want to take you. I mean, if you want to go. Its really beautiful there, I know you’d love it.”

“Oh, Alex. I don’t know.” I said as my thoughts flooded back to Mikayla.

“Please at least think about it. The hotel reservation is for July twelfth. That gives me another week to cancel. It would mean a lot to me if you would come.”

I promised to think about it. I really did want to go too. Alex and I had been friends for years, but we never go to know each other on that level. I felt a bit guilty for thinking of myself, though. Mikayla needed me, I couldn’t just leave her alone so I could have a romantic weekend with Alex. Then again, Braelyn and Zack would be with her. No, no. I couldn’t leave her.

Alex and I decided to head back to where his car was parked by the ice cream shop and go grab some grub. Not even half-way to his car, Alex’s phone rang. We were needed back at my house for one of our “team meetings.”

---

We all sat in a circle in the basement in official “team meeting” fashion.

“Mikaylaaaa, why’d you call us here? We’ve been sitting on the floor for everrrrrrr, I’m so bored!” Jack whined.

“You’re right, Jack. I’m sorry, I guess I should just say what’s on my mind.” She breathed deeply, “I have a sort of announcement. I-I’m pregnant.”

Everyone stayed quiet before Alex spoke up, asking, “Who’s is it?”

“I-I don’t r-really know” she replied meekly, with her head dropped to the floor.

“Un-fucking-believable.” Rian spoke angrily before jumping to his feet and storming away. Mikayla of course, followed him, calling to him and telling him to wait.

As for the rest of us, we just sat there. I saw a look of shock on Jack and Alex’s face, a blank stare on Zack’s, and an ‘oh shit’ look on Brae’s. I’m sure my face held a look similar to Braelyn’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are very much appreciated! :D