Status: Semi-Active; So me love; I return ;D

Swim or Drown?

Chapter 2

Chapter 2-Same Ol’ Same Ol’?

I had fifteen minutes to get there. I was never late, always on time. I loved always being early so i could have some piece and quiet before the pool opened. The pool in Maryland is a main place to socialize so i see everyone from school and more there. No one ever sees me. Or needs me. Except the kids, I love kids, I have patience now that death has graced over my life. And the fact that i live with a seventy-five year old woman with zero tolerance. Tolerance is what i look for in people. Which no one seems to understand exactly what tolerance means.

I parked my car in the ‘Employees ONLY’ space. I slung my bag over my shoulder and grabbed my Life saver. I walked over to the ‘Office’ behind the building and showed the current worker my Employ pass. I entered the main entrance of the pool. The line was from the main entrance to the baseball field across the way. People always came early for the best chairs. Some also had swimming lessons early. I checked my IPhone and only had 5 minutes. I rushed up to the Lifeguards office, I set down my bag and grabbed my sunglasses and whistle. I hurriedly ran over to my tall white Lifeguard seat and climbed up the ladder tossing my flip flops off as i climbed. I had my whistle around my neck and my life saver and Iphone in my hand as I reached the top and tossed of my shirt, exposing my bikini top. I set my phone down and placed my life saver across my lap. I smiled shyly at the male Lifeguard stationed on the other side of the pool. He waved eagerly and smiled, showing his braces.

I raised my umbrella and checked the time. 8:59. One minute. The main gate officer hands flew in the air. I lightly blew into my whistle as the piercing sound collided with the other lifeguards whistle. Laughter streamed threw as the gate kicked open. Kids plunged into the pool and the male Lifeguard blew his whistle a few times and the kids looked at him smiling. The lifeguard winked at me and i smiled back, slightly confused. I watched each guest come in and checked the time at 11:15 I had a swimming lesson to teach and at 1:30 i have a CPR class. So i was just waiting. My phone vibrated lightly and i had 3 text messages.

^Mr. Jackypoo^ Hey babe were coming to the pool around 1:20 and I want a swimming lesson! :P^

^Car-Car^ Hey my cuddlebuddy I think Jack was suppose to text you but were coming to the pool, and i think Alex is coming^

I scanned the name over and over. ALEX. Knowing Alex he would probably bring someone to have sex with under the water. I use to be deeply in love with Alex, but I lost my brother and with him i also lost Alex. He thought i had turned into some emo freak and just stopped being my friend. I guess i just realized who was always there for me.And Alex wasn’t.

^Zacky AKA the muscle man^ Heyyy milday ;) coming to the pool and sorry love but Alex is coming to, and good news he ain’t bringing HIV 1 with him :D^

I was surprised he wasn’t bringing his new slut,maybe he was different. But i wasn’t opening up to him anymore. He hurt me and he can’t change that. Those are my three friends. They are always there for me and i love them so much. All 3 of them know how much i crushed on Alex, and on how much i now hate him for it. I replied to all of them with a simple message.

*Mkay babes ;) See you there...*

I guess i could always come out of my shell with my friends. I guess i was becoming more and more my old self as the years go on and i get closure.

It was 11 now and i needed to prep for my swimming lesson. I stepped carefully off my post and shut my umbrella. I walked over to my shoes and bent down to put them on. As i got up the other lifeguard stuck his hand in front of my face. I looked up and he was smiling. I took his hand and he pulled me up.

“Hello, I’m Marc” he spoke lightly and winked at me again. Winking always seemed to confuse me when they were from the opposite sex.

“Hey, I’m umm Lily, Lily Sparks”. I mumbled and started to walk. And ‘Marc’ followed me.

“So, I see you around a lot, you maybe wanna get a bite for lunch sometime when we both get off?” His face was full of hope and I didn’t know what to do. Maybe this one some kind of sick joke his friends dared him to do. Or he just had no mind...

“Um.. I’m not sure about today my friends are coming by and were probably going to be hanging out.. So maybe some other time?” I offered lightly. I smiled and touched his shoulder.

“Sure thing baby”. He winked and me moved his eyes to my cleavage. What the fuck! I just decided to walk away. One minute hes shy and then one minute his staring at my boobs.... Maybe hes Bipolar.. I walked over to the small office area and exchanged my Lifesaver for some diving toys and kick boards.

I walked over to the private pool were all classes were held. The little boy and his brother were there i was guessing one was 13 or 14 and one was 6 or 7.

“Hello boys! are you both taking my lesson this afternoon?” I smiled warmly at them both and the mother smiled at me. I took of my shorts revealing my bathing suit bottoms. The older boy stared at me in awe. And i giggled.

“Yes, this is my son Joey,” she pointed at the older one and he just blinked.
“This is my other son Jake, Joey is here for diving lessons and this one here is for a regular swimming lesson, his first one.”

“Alright ma’am, I will take good care of your boys, if you will just go over to that station and fill out your two payments and set them on my shelf, marked Lily Sparks.” I pointed to the small desk with shelfs in the corner of the private lesson area. She smiled and walked away from her boys kissing them on the top of head.

“Well Joey here is a dive.” I set down the boards and diving toys down and executed a proper dive into the deep side of the pool. The water rushed around me sending shivers down my spine, the blue green water lightened at the top as I came to the surface. The little boy clapped loudly and laughed and the older boy smiled at me like i was a gift.

“Joey I’m going to teach you separately and first your going to help your little brother in his classes.”

He nodded and I started the lesson. It turned out that Joey was the one who needed to be taught how to swim not his little brother Jake. Jake caught on and was a pleasure to teach, but Joey needed some help. Whenever i was touching him trying to help his arch he would look at me and smile 12:30 rolled around and I was off for Lunch break. Their mother came and picked them up.

I walked over to the station and collected my payments, for lifeguard performance $25 for the morning and then $150 for two private swimming lessons.

I redressed in my Lifeguard uniform and ate my salad and coke in my small office space. It was 1:00. I got 4 messages.

^Mr. Jackypoo^ Be there in 10 baby boo ;P

^Car-Car^ I kinda sorta gave Alex your number, sorryyyyy :( please don’t hate me. See ya soon, i have some news ;)

^Zacky AKA Muscle man^ Hey, we will be there in 10 remember we have ALEX too!!

^Unknown Number^ Hey.. This is Alex, Carly gave me your number, I’m really excited to see you Lily <3

I only replied to one-Alex- Ya i guess i will see you soon, and please don’t ever give me a heart Alexander you know what you did....

30 seconds later
I had him already as a contact.

^Heartbreaker ((Alex))^ I do know what i did, and if we could possibly get some time alone, i need to talk to you, i need to figure out my best friend again, I have missed you lily.

Reply- Ya i guess i can see what i have open, becoming friends with someone who left me in the time of need isn’t my priority one Alex, Ex-best friend Gaskarth, bye i will see you then!

He was really confusing me. I didn’t know how to react to him talking to me anymore. I want him back in my life, but i don’t want to be hurt. I don’t want to be deceived by Alexander again.

I threw away my trash just in time to see the 4 entering the pool. Getting ID checked. I walked up to them and smiled.

“LILY!!” The three exclaimed Alex just stared at me. I hugged Carly, Zack, and then Jack. I laughed as Jack crossed his eyes and stuck out his tongue.

Next was Alex. He stepped up to me and embraced me. I didn’t know what was happening, but i hugged back. His embrace was so familiar and welcoming. I missed it. I missed his smell. I missed him. But in no way was i ready or wanting to admit that to him. Or anyone. I wasn’t sure this is what i wanted. To fall back into the endless heartbreak Alex had caused. Each different girl caused a tear in my heart. Maybe I could help him change. But my heart was saying it wasn’t ready.

Alex let go of me and i did the same. I blushed and my friends stared at me in confusion. Of course Jack was the one to break the awkward silence.

“So who’s ready to jump in!!!!” He took Carly’s hand and smiled. They dropped their stuff and ran to the deep end of the pull and jumped in hand in hand. I always knew Carly had some feelings for Jack, and I knew Jack had some feelings for Car. But i wouldn’t tell the other i think they need to figure it out themselves. I motioned Alex and Zack to follow me. I lead them to my office space.

“Um guys i have a CPR class to teach and i will back at 2:30.” I said and sighed.

“Ohhhh i wanna comee!!!” Jack said still holding Carly’s hand and standing soaking wet. I threw him a towel and he passed it to Carly.

“You guys can come, you will have to actually pay attention though.”

“I’m in.” Zack said and smiled at me.

“Same for me and Jack Attack”. Carly said winking at Jack.

“And for you, Alex?” I said apprehensively.

“Ya I wanna be with you, so I’m down”. He flashed his charming smile and I turned away.

“K, Follow me. I lead them to the CPR room inside of the leisure center. There were 5 other people there all teenagers around 15 and 16.

“Hey guys welcome to the 1:30 CPR lesson we will begin in 5 minutes, This class will be 1 hour long and will be teaching proper CPR techniques.” I spoke loudly. The crowd nodded and the 3 took at seat in the middle and Alex sat right next to me. I smiled at him and he looked at me with his big brown eyes and i smiled bigger.

I loved his eyes and his hair. He was probably the best looking male i have seen, ever.
It turned 1:30 and i pulled out the CPR dolls. I passed one out to each person and Alex was left one short. So i said i would be his practice doll. I wasn’t even thinking...
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Guys its me Alex of course!! Well i know i said i wanted to reach 10 comments but i have just been typing like crazzzyyy and coming up with ideas for the story. And im Going to a friends for 3 days so i won't be on my laptop all day typing away. SO i decided to post even though I only have 7 comments. I want you guys to subscribe i promise it will get better. But needddd comments to post guys and i want ideas!!!! You guys complete me and my story soo!!!! DO your duty ;) ((haha duty)) and coommmennttt myy story!!
<3 Did i stress commenting enough yet?
WELL COMMENT!!
LOVE Alex :)