I Think I Love You

God I've Tried Am I Lost In Your Eyes?

-Kaia’s POV-

I sat there on the floor in a pool of pain. This time he went too far. Farther than he usually goes but not far enough that he crossed the line that he had set. He blames me for everything. Because my mother left him and took both her children, he blames me. We were her girls. We never even knew our father until he demanded we meet him. They weren’t even married when they had the two of us, us being Maddie and I. At least Maddie got out of this torture. I dragged my half-limp body over to my nightstand. Reaching up to grab my phone was like living in hell. But it needed to be done. I needed to call someone for help. The first number that showed up was very familiar. I hit the send button then waited in agony.

“Hello?” the familiar voice said after three rings.

“Jay-day…I need…you…house…hospital…hurt…” was all I could manage before the darkness stole my voice from me.

“KAIA!!! I’LL BE THERE IN A MINUTE!” was all I heard before the darkness completely consumed me.

-Normal POV-

Jaden, tall and beefy at the tender age of seventeen, ran down the street to his best friend’s house. After receiving her call he called the police and an ambulance before darting to the familiar house. He barged in without knocking, getting there before the police, and ran upstairs. He saw Kaia’s motionless body on the floor of her bedroom. If you could even call it a bedroom. She had a bed, dresser, closet and a desk for the laptop that their other friend Leo got for her last Christmas. The walls were blank, the sheets and blankets on her bed were a blank white, much to Kaia’s detest. She hated the color.

In the distance Jaden heard the police coming. He thanked god that they would be there soon. Jaden held Kaia’s hand until the ambulance would arrive.

As if on cue the police cars and the ambulance arrived only a minute later. They entered and called out. Jaden shouted that they were upstairs. Not even a minute later the paramedics were in the room checking Kaia out to make sure that her neck wasn’t broken so they could move her. When satisfied, they did just that: put her on a stretcher and carried her to the ambulance.

The police decided to question Jaden at the hospital and told him to get into the ambulance. When they arrived Kaia was rushed into surgery. Then the questions began.

After an hour of questions, Jaden was allowed to call Leo to let him know where they were. He rushed down there as fast as he could in LA. They waited together as the police went out in search of the man who had hurt their precious friend.

-Leo’s POV-

I rushed to the hospital as fast as I could with all the traffic. When I saw Jaden sitting in the waiting room I walked over to him and sat next to him, waiting like he was for any information on their friend.

“They aren’t letting her go back to her father. He’s being charged with child abuse. They asked if Kaia had anyone else related to her who could take custody.” I heard Jaden say, sadness pooling in his voice. I looked at him.

“What’d you tell them?” I asked. It was no secret between us that Kaia missed her sister but hated that her mom had to move to get a good chance at a promotion. Other than her mother, we didn’t know if anyone could take care of her. Well she didn’t. Jaden and I did a little research to find out what her father was hiding from her. She had two brothers, one twenty the other twenty-two.

“That as far as we knew it was only her mother who’s living in Romania with Maddie. I also told them that he was hiding something from her.” Jaden replied. We sat there for another hour or so just talking. When the doctor called for Jaden, I went with him. After looking at us both she started listing off what was wrong with Kaia. A few broken bones, minor bruising, a scar under her left eye, but worst of all she had a concussion and needed to stay for a few days. It gave the police a few days to find her brothers or it’s bye-bye Kaia, hello emptiness.

Jaden and I were forced to go home after the talk with the doctor. Jaden and I both knew that when Kaia woke up, if she wasn’t allowed out the staff would grow to, more than likely, hate her. She was a terror when it came to hospitals.

“The police will find them I’m sure. I gave them the number that Kaia gave us when he mom moved.” Jaden mumbled before turning to walk up to his apartment. I nodded before walking down the street to my own house.