I Think I Love You

It's Hard To Say That Everything Will Be Okay

-Jordan’s POV-

When Maddie had said that Kai was late home, I hadn’t thought anything of it at the time. But when she had Jaden research that case I started to get worried. I became frantic when I heard that one of the victims was my sister. We searched for two days until someone said they saw someone with the same description as the man Maddie showed us a picture of. The cops told us to leave it to them but we refused. We needed to see her. We would never forgive ourselves if she was hurt in there and we stood out here doing nothing. The raid started. George, Jorel, and I went in and said we needed to take a look around. When he rejected us the cops busted in and he started shooting at us. George, Jorel and I took this as an opportunity to look for my sister. We passed many things but only when I noticed the bastard going through one of the doors I had passed through did I realize she might not be conscious. I heard a gun shoot then I went ballistic. I pulled my gun out and shot him in his arm making him drop his gun. The police found us and he pulled another gun out from under his shirt. He pointed it at me but one of the cops shot him first. The bullet hit his neck and he fell to the ground. The cops pulled my sister out of the old storage room a minute later on a stretcher. She was shot in her right arm, in clothes that showed too much and she had tons of bruises. She seemed unconscious. An ambulance took her to the closest hospital along with the bastard. The guys and I followed in our cars.

“Jay, call Vicky, Maddie, Jaden and Leo. Tell them that we’ll pick them up when we know what hospital Kai’s going to.” I instructed not taking my eyes off the road. He did as I said and a few minutes later we were at a hospital.

Hours passed after I had gone to get the people we were missing and Kai was still in surgery. I looked over at Maddie who was curled up in a ball leaning against Leo who looked like he was on the verge of tears. I think we all were. My mom was crying on my shoulder, Vicky had cried herself to sleep on Jay’s lap. I looked over and George and Dylan. They cared deeply for her. Well all of us do but Dylan cares about her more as a brother does his little sister. George cares about her, as I found out from him while we were searching for her, in a loving way. Looking around I noticed that everyone seemed like they had just lost a very close loved one. I felt like I should have killed that bastard instead of that cop.

“I’m looking for the family of Kaia Terrell” a surgeon called out. Maddie, Lance, my mother and I got up and all but ran over to him.

“She was shot in her right shoulder, raped many times, and beat. She’s going to make it but she needs to take it easy for a while. I also noticed that she had many drugs and alcohol in her system. Does she drink or do any drugs do you know?” the surgeon asked. I didn’t know how to answer.

“She drinks occasionally but not that much and as far as I know she’s never done any drugs.” Maddie replied for me. The surgeon nodded and looked at the clipboard in his hands.

“One more question. Has she ever physically hurt herself?” he asked looking at us. Maddie laughed at this.

“Kai would never cause herself physical harm she used to yell at one of our friends for doing it to herself to the point where she nearly died twice. Kai isn’t that type of girl” Maddie lectured.

“I’m sorry if I offended you ma’am I just needed to know because there were semi-fresh cuts on her wrist and we weren’t entirely sure if he did it or not.” The surgeon said before starting to walk away. I stopped him.

“When will she be able to come home?” I asked him. He turned to look at me.

“Are you her father?” he asked surprised.

“I’m her brother. She lives with me though. I just need to know for my peace of mind” I said.

“She should be able to go home in a few days. She’ll have to be careful with her right arm and she’ll be on medication for a while as well.” He said before leaving. We walked back to the others and explained what he said.

-Kai’s POV- (Time Skip Waking up)

My world was darkness. A darkness that was very painful. I replayed the events of my life. All my accomplishments. All the things I failed at. Everything that was taken from me that one night. All my dreams destroyed. All my friends hurt because of me and my stupidity. The darkness is letting up. But the light is blinding. I see them. Alita and Jasmine. The two people taken from me on two separate occasions. They’re yelling at me. Shunning me.

“It’s not your time my dear!” Alita shouted at me.

“There are people waiting for you to wake up! You can’t leave your brothers now that you found them.” Jasmine shouted next.

“Go to them. Go to the people you love and the men who need you now.” Alita shouted before they disappeared. Their transparent bodies replaced with another blinding light. The light faded and I saw red.

I heard voices. People telling me to wake up soon. My mother crying. Maddie trying to comfort her. Someone’s lying next to me. They smell nice. A smile graces my chapped lips. I’m being told to open my eyes. I try but it’s not working. I try to breath but something’s chocking me. Someone’s calling a doctor.

How long have I been like this? What about the art show? Why aren’t Maddie and mum back in Romania in time for Maddie’s exams? Maddie…my loving sister. She gave up dancing when I couldn’t do it anymore. She loved it with all her heart. I need to tell her I’m sorry.

Whatever was chocking me was taken out. I can breathe again. I try to open my eyes but it’s bright. I’m being encouraged to try again. I do. There’s something blocking the light but it’s still bright. I blink a few times. I see the thing blocking the light was Dylan. He had a huge smile on his face. I look around. Everyone’s cheeks are tear-streaked. I open my mouth to apologize but it burns. I hear a doctor say I shouldn’t speak for a few days. I’m given a pen and a notebook.

‘I’m sorry’ I write and show it to the person next to me, Jordan. He smiles and kisses my temple.

“There’s nothing to be sorry about Kai. You did nothing wrong” he explained. I shook my head and grab the pen again.

‘You all worried because of me. I caused every one of you pain since I was born. Especially Maddie’ I wrote. He gave it to Maddie who read it out loud. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. Di Hero gave a gentle squeeze to her shoulder. She walked over and sat next to me on the other side.

“You never cause me pain Kai. Nothing you did ever caused me pain.” She said the tears falling from her eyes. I was given the notebook back.

‘You stopped dancing because of me.’ I wrote. She gave a weak smile.

“It was your dream too. It’s not fair” she argued. I shook my head again.

‘It was yours in the first place. You deserve happiness.’ I wrote back. I swallowed. It hurt still.

“Not without you by my side” she replied.

‘Water’ I wrote. She nodded and Jordan got up and left the room. He came back a minute later with pain killers and a bottle of water. I took both but the water felt like bricks in my hand. It felt like I was dying of thirst. I downed half the bottle fast.

‘How long have I been here?’ I wrote/asked.

“Just under three days. You should be able to leave when you can walk by yourself.” Jordan answered me. He sounded like tired.

‘Have you gotten any sleep?’ I wrote/asked. Maddie replied.

“Not much Angel. Only a few hours. They don’t listen to me.”

‘All of you sleep. You need it. And I mean ALL of you’ I wrote and showed them all. They laughed and complied. Soon the only one in the room was George who said he didn’t need any sleep. He seemed like he was just as bad as Jordan.

‘Sleep. I’ll be here when you wake up’ I wrote when he sat on the chair next to me.

“Yes you will be but I’m not sure about the alone time.” He replied before kissing my cheeks. I liked him a lot. I almost pulled his lips to mine but then I remembered that he probably didn’t like me like that. So I wrote instead.

‘What do you mean?’

“I couldn’t stand those five days without you. I love you too much to leave you alone.” He started rambling. Probably forgetting that I was still here. I smiled, happy and confused. I grabbed his hand and kissed it gently. My lips were still chapped. I felt my eyelids drop. I noticed his were too.

‘Sleep. I’ll figure out a way to talk about this later’ I wrote and with that we were both in a peaceful sleep.