Changeling Academy

Chapter 12- Mistake

We had walked a good 12 miles before we had to stop for rest and food. The loneliness of nightfall had crept upon us. We had not encountered the first mountain yet, but we could see it looming in the distance, a huge, vast shape that we knew was waiting for us. I set up my tent, and crawled in it. I was absolutely exhausted with only time to sip water, before I fell into unconsciousness. My dreams were filled with swirling, sinister colours and shapes. I was suddenly pulled back into consciousness and I heard a noise outside the tent. Slowly, and making sure my gun was in its holster, I crept outside. The air was fresh and made my eyes sting. I saw a rustle coming from near a few trees near us. I focused my mind upon that spot.
‘Sophia! It’s me, Jake. Come here’
I quietly slipped through the trees and into a warm embrace. Jake was there, his green eyes shining, even through tiredness and exhaustion. He leant down and kissed me delicately on my lips. I pulled him in and it became more passionate. His lips were so soft, hands so welcoming in my hair. We broke apart and I whispered,
‘Oh Karl…’
He frowned and pushed me away lightly.
‘Who’s Karl?’ He asked, sounding hurt. I blushed slightly and tried to backtrack what I had done, but it was too late. He stepped away from me. I knew that I had to tell him everything.
‘Karl is… the love of my life.’ I explained. I then went on to tell him all about the academy and our separation. I knew it would hurt him, but I so badly wanted to tell someone. I hadn’t quite realised the impact of my words though.
‘So all this time, all the time we’ve spent together, you’ve been thinking about someone else?’ He asked, anger slightly rising here.
‘I’m sorry Jake, but I love him. But I love you too.’ I whispered the last part.
‘Well it doesn’t really seem like it to be honest. I love you so much Sophia, I dream of being with you forever after this. But not if you just think about someone else. Leave me alone.’ He turned and walked out of the trees.
I stood still, tears running down my cheek. I don’t know how long I waited there for; waiting for him to return and say it would be alright. Finally I walked back into the camp, and curled up inside my tent.

For the next three days, he ignored me. I wasn’t angry at him, I was angry at myself for not letting Karl go. The past was ruining what was happening now. As we climbed through the treacherous Mountains, I became more distracted by what was going on. It was getting more dangerous, having a few close shaves with individual Airs, but nothing really dangerous. Then the worst happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Hey guys thanks for reading.
And comments/criticism/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry for the short chapter.
Update soon
x