Status: II changed it round a bit plz reread and ill post more!!! :D

Masked

Alone

I just kept turning page after page, the colourful illustrations that looked only a day old but were really hundreds, I stopped on the 148th page. There on the page was a horrid picture of a girl.
She had such light blue hair it was nearly white. Her eyes were a crystal pearl white her skin was pale as a ghost. Her bottom half was... black, mangled.... she had a tail. it looked so gruesome I shut the book. But as I did, I found another piece of paper. It said

Dear,
You have found what you are looking for. Be careful what you get yourself into.....

I was a bit puzzled by the note and re-opened the book. I turned to the page. I read the heading below the picture, “Hacviv – Mer maiden native to Lakes in the Americas”
I got up slowly and stepped away from the book. I was in shock, “i’m turning into a mermaid” I said aloud.

I kept backing away from the book till I bumped into something, it was solid, cold and... human. I turned around to see the elder lady.

“Dearie, you have realized it haven’t you? You can’t fight it or run away from it so don’t try. I’m here to help.”

She reached a hand onto my shoulder. I shrugged it off.

“Get away from me!” I screamed.

I grabbed my bag and ran to the door. I yanked it open and ran down the staircase. I ran outside and straight down the street. I didn’t know where I was or where I was going. But I didn’t care. I kept running. I ran until I ended up at the lake front. I slowed my pace. It was a rainy day so not many people were around. I went and sat on the nearest bench. I breathed in the cold air. My sides hurt. I lifted up my sweater and looked. The shadows were now closer to my skin and looked like they could break through any minute.

I didn’t know how long had been sitting here for but the pain in my sides increased. It now hurt to take deep breaths of air. I got up and walked down on the beach to the edge of the water.

It was dark, most likely freezing and smelled of pollution. I took of my shoes and socks, I walked in a couple feet. It was freezing. I walked out. I had now soaked the better portion of my jeans and was shivering.

All of a sudden, A scream escaped my lips. The pain in my sides was ripping, burning. I couldn’t breathe. I stumbled. I felt like I was dying, like someone was ripping themselves out of me. I was able to make it to the end of the pier before I fell. I was right at the edge. If I had taken another step I would have plunged 20 feet into the dark, cold waters.

I was bleeding, blood was comign from where the shadows were, i lifted my bloodstained sweater to see that I had slits in my sides and they were bleeding.

I was screaming. It hurt my throat. No one was there to help me. I lay there, soaked in blood, On the Toronto pier, Convulsing in pain, Alone...