Status: Finished one-shot.

The Mirror of Erised

The Mirror of Erised

Sleeping soundly in his bed inside the boy's dormitory, Fred Weasly lied on his side breathing evenly. Entirely unaware of his surroundings or anything going on in the world, for that matter. Simply the comfort of a pillow beneath his head and the covers up to his neck...and his dream.

It must've been why he was sleeping so soundly, and so deeply. It was such a curious dream, and he was concentrating hard on it.

There was a great span of green grass and tiny colorful flowers. Very, very far in the background was a building that looked like The Burrow. Was he homesick already? They had just gotten back from Christmas Break after all.

Though that wasn't the concern. The concern was a tall mirror with a golden frame around it. He placed his hand on the mirror. It was completely normal.

In the reflection, his twin brother appeared behind him. Fred jerked his hand away and looked behind him. There wasn't anyone there.

When he looked back at the mirror, George was close behind him, with a ridiculous grin on his face. George put his arms around Fred's waist. "George, what the bloody hell are you doing?"

He turned his head to see a wide open field, and nothing more.

This was the opposite of the this supposed Mirror of Erised that existed in Hogwarts somewhere. The Mirror of Erised was supposed to show the deepest desire of your heart. Clearly, this mirror was the total opposite; the deepest fear in your heart. Though, he nor George had ever discovered the location of this mirror, they doubted it's existence in the first place.

He stared at his reflection, and there George was still holding onto him. Taller then him by barely a centimeter, his identical twin was. George leaned close to Fred's face and he could feel his breath it seemed.

Fred jolted awake. "That was...disturbing to say the least..." he muttered.

"What are you groaning about over there, hush up and go back to sleep!" the last person he wanted to hear, George spat.

-------

Eventually, Fred got over the dream. He was able to speak to George without feeling weird and awkward. The two were off on their mischief. Harry and Ron claimed to have found a new passage-way, but it turned out it wasn't new. Not to Fred and George anyway.

Though, for old time's sake, Fred crouched through the short entry-way with George right behind him. They opened the door at the end, that didn't look like a door at all from the other side.

Dust clouds puffed up when the two stepped foot inside the room.

George coughed dramatically.

"Cut it out," Fred said.

"Gees, Fred, since when..."

He drowned out the voice of his brother at the sight of a mirror. Nervously he approached it.

"Bloody hell! That's the Mirror of Erised!" George said.

Fred nodded, "We found it." He did a really bad job of hiding the fear in his voice. Honestly, he didn't want to look at it.

"Well, if you're not gonna look at it, I am!" George said and pushed his dumb-struck brother out of the way. George stood in front of the mirror and stared.

Fred looked, but all he could see was George's reflection. "What do you see?"

George shook his head, "Nothing but a field."

"What?!" Fred exclaimed.

"I know, what a dud, huh?" George continued starring at his reflection, "wait, I'm not alone. You're there."

Fred felt all the blood drain out of his face. Maybe his dream was one of those freaky twin telepathy things. What if he saw what George wanted already...

"You're...um," George moved away from the mirror, "You take a look."

Shaking, Fred moved around George and stared at the mirror. He clenched his eyes shut tight. When he opened them, his reflection wasn't any different. except his surroundings were some sort of shop filled with he and George's inventions. "A joke store?"

"What?" George said stepping over to see.

"You can't see what I see, only what you see..." Fred said.

"Oh..." George crossed his arms, "Well, get on with it. What do you see?"

"I see both of us working at some sort of joke shop. All our inventions are stocked on the shelves," Fred said smiling.

"So, I am there?"

"Yes."

George pulled on his twins arm, "C'mon let's get out of here."

Not really wanting to peel his eyes away, Fred followed his brother's tug. What a relief...

George turned around sharply, causing Fred to bump into him. "What are you doing?"

"I just want to look...one more time," George said.

Fred furrowed his eyebrows, "Why you didn't even see anything interesting?"

"I wouldn't say that," George said reaching his hand out and touching the glass.

Fred tapped his foot, no he didn't want any further detail. he had ideas of his own of what his bother was seeing. Though he couldn't stop himself from asking, "What could be so bloody interesting about you and a field?"

"You're there too."

"I still fail to see what's so great about it," Fred replied, pushing it for his own sick amusement now.

"Well, you're..." George moved away from the mirror. He moved behind his brother and inched closer, "you're doing this..." he whispered down his brother's neck as his arms snaked around Fred's waist.

"Am I..." Fred said enjoying it much more in person than he did in his dream. He pulled his hand around to touch George's cheek.

George nuzzled his cheek against Fred's hand. "This isn't right," George said.

"Who has to know?" Fred said quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so there we have a little twincest for you. Nothing too awful.
What do you think Dumbledore did with that mirror after Quirrel (I think that's the correct spelling) died? Put it back in the school somewhere. :3

I don't know when I'll be doing my next little one-shot. Hopefully soon, cause I have some major ideas.