Jinx by Twilight

Broom Closets and Charlie the Unicorn.

Ronnie’s POV

I stepped off the train with Fred’s hand in mine. All the other students were running around, telling each other about what they did over the summer holidays. Ours, at the Black House, wasn’t too exciting, but I had a lot of snogging time with Fred, except when Molly wanted us to clean the house.

“C’mon, the faster we get in the carriages, the faster we get to the food,” Charlie said.

George was hot on her tail, as she ran to the carriages.

“The faster we get to the carriages, the faster we can find a broom closet,” Fred whispered in my ear.

I smiled and reunited with my friends at the carriages. “Can’t they hurry up!” Fred said, frustrated, he’s always so impatient. The Hufflepuffs loaded their carriage and left for the small journey to Hogwarts.

Charlie’s POV

Fred’s impatience was contagious. His fidgeting hands and feet possessed the ability to make others’ hands and feet fidget as well, making the rest of us more anxious than normal.

“Fred, I swear to Dumbledore, if you keep tapping your foot, I’m gonna hurt you,” Ronnie threatened.

“But darling Veronica! You know me too well! You know I like it rough!” Fred joked, winking at Ronnie as he saw her face grow red with frustration.

“’Bout time the carriage got here! Ladies first,” George said, opening the carriage doors for
Ronnie and I.

Before I got in the carriage, I could have sworn I saw the brothers exchange a curious look. Maybe I was just being paranoid, it looked like they had a plan cooking.

Fred and Ronnie were continuing their cutesy coupleness. Aside from the fact that Fred and Ronnie were my best friends, they were honestly the kind of couple you enjoyed being around. They weren’t awkward to sit by, or difficult to talk to. Their relationship was something else, and they’d have it no other way.

The carriage was comfortably quiet, with Ronnie and Fred talking in hushed voices about something George and I could not hear. In an effort to make himself feel more like a gentleman, George asked me how my summer holidays went.

“They were nice, I really needed it. And I had so much fun. How were yours?”

“They were really good! Fred and I got some more joke ideas. And I got to see you, that brightened up my day a lot,” George shyly said.

“I know you’re a jokester, George. But even this is too harsh a joke for you.”

“Who said I’m joking, Charlie?”

Ronnie’s POV

The carriage stopped in front of the door. I smiled, we were finally here. Woo hoo!
George and Charlie jumped out of the carriage, Fred and I took our sweet time to just annoy the hell out of them.

“Why were you taking so long?” Charlie asked.

“Because we wanted to annoy you,” I replied, taking my boyfriend’s hand.

“Bitch.”

“I heard that Sissy, no cookies for you.”

She pouted and walked up the stairs to put her backpack next to her trunk, before continuing into the Great Hall.

I walked up the steps carefully because of my clumsiness. I placed my bag on my trunk, and so did Charlie.
Charlie and George continued into the Great Hall, leaving Fred and I alone. Fred smiled at me and wrapped his arms around my waist, I melted into him.

He looked to my right, at the brown dusty door. “Doesn’t that look inviting?” Fred winked at me, then kissed my lips with the soft ones that tasted of chocolate frogs from the train.

“It might, remember last year,” I said, reminding him of our class skipping stage, just to snog.

“Oh, do I remember.” The corner of his lips turned into a huge toothy grin.

“Do you want to repeat last year?” I motioned my head towards the closet.

“I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I think we should go into the Great Hall.”

All the students continued into the Great Hall, glaring at us. Jealous bastards.

“Wow, I never would have that of the day, you would give up the chance to snog,” I whispered seductively in his ear.

“Veronica, don’t do that.” His breathing quickened.

I smiled, “Well c’mon, time is wasting.”

“You are going to be the death of me,” he said, following me into the large doors of the Great Hall.

“I highly doubt that.” I kissed his lips, and saw Charlie sitting at the Ravenclaw table by herself.

“Bye love, see you after the feast.”

“Love you,” I said and waved.

He blew me a kiss, “I love you, too.”

I smiled, and passed all my fellow Ravenclaws to the empty seat next to my best friend.

“Took you long enough,” Charlie joked.

I smiled and shrugged. “I thought you would be snogging in a broom closet by now.” I giggled.

“You never know what I’ll do next, so no assuming.” I gave Charlie a hug, and watched as
Dumbledore quieted us down, so we could begin our feast.

Charlie’s POV

After Dumbledore’s welcome back speech, and the introduction of the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, we were free to feast as we pleased.

Due to Ronnie and mine’s knack for getting into sticky situations, our fellow Ravenclaws weren’t our biggest fans. Ronnie often got House Points taken away due to her “Sense of Adventure” as she called it, and I got House Points taken away for my gift/curse of sarcasm. Whichever you’d prefer to call it. Therefore, we normally sat with Fred and George at the Gryffindor table.

“Helllooooooo ladies,” they said in unison, grinning from ear to ear.

“Y’know, that twin thing creeps me out from time to time,” Ronnie remarked.

“You mean like this?” They spoke in sync again.

“Yes, exactly like that,” Ronnie laughed and rested her chin in her hand. Fred picked up a cookie, and held it in front of Ronnie’s face.

“A sweet for my sweet?”

“Do you even have to ask twice? Feed me Fred! Feed me allll niiiiight looooong!” Ronnie giggled.

Fred’s eyes got wide, partially from amusement, partially from the sexual innuendo he fabricated from the Little Shop of Horrors quote.

Ronnie could see the gears in Fred’s head start turning, to which she put a stop to. “Just gimme the damn cookie.”

“Alright, bloody pushy tonight, aren’t you?”

“Hehe. Love you,” Ronnie said sweetly.

During the entire exchange, George and I sat by one another and ate some mashed potatoes. I guess I was hungrier than I thought, George can polish off two bowls in one sitting, and with the two of us, we were already on our third bowl.
Oops.

“Charlie! We’re on our way to Candy Mountain, Charlie!” Ronnie and Fred sang together, there we go again.

I groaned and laughed half-heartedly.

“Let them have their fun, Charlie. They just like to see you get riled up. Besides, you’re cute when you blush.” George teased, as he poked my light pink cheeks to prove his point.

“It’s the Magical Leopluridon, Charlie! It will show us the way to Candy Mountain!!” Fred seemed inable to control the joy that my anguish brought to him, and the same would be said for Ronnie.

While my hands were in my lap, holding each other as usual, I felt long, boney fingers lace through mine. George’s hands were cold, yet strangely comforting. The blush crept back to my cheeks, betraying my nonchalant poker face.

Ronnie, of course, noticed…and whispered something along the lines of, “Mission accomplished” to Fred.

I think George heard it too, because immediately after Ronnie said that, George squeezed my hand reassuringly. He looked down at me and smiled a toothy grin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, three comments for the next chapter! It's already written out, we just want more readers. (:
Thanks for TheFifthMarauder, darlingdany, and peacelovejill for commenting. :D
We love you guys <3

Crizz and Alyxx <3