Jinx by Twilight

Furry house slippers and Felinitres.

Ronnie’s POV

I felt a pillow hit my face, I opened my eyes to the bright sunlight and to see Charlie standing over me with a frustrated look on her usually happy face.

“Get up. Class starts in 5 minutes!”

“Why didn’t you wake me earlier?”

“Because you looked so cute with drool running down your chin.”

I glared at my best friend and threw my black comforter and bright red sheets off of me, then jumped out of bed.

“I already placed your uniform out,” Charlie informed me, pointing at the clothes atop my trunk.

“Thanks Sissy,” I smiled at my sister in gratitude.

I took my pajamas off as fast as I could and shoved my robes and uniform on, then slipped on my playing card converse.

Charlie watched me run to the bathroom, I brushed my teeth in record time, brushed my burgundy hair, and outlined my eyes in my trusty black eyeliner.

“You ready?” Charlie asked, handing me my red and black backpack, and a granola bar.

“I think so, did you put all my books in there?” I motioned to my book bag.

“Yes of course, don’t I always take care of you?”

I nodded my head and smiled. “Let’s go, before we’re late for our first day.” I slung my backpack over my shoulder and ran down the stairs to the common room, behind Charlie.

Fred and George were lounging on the couch, talking. They were always in our common room. They got off the couch, when they saw and walked towards us.

“Hey, late again?” George asked.

“Yes, little one over here decided to not get up til 5 minutes ago,” Charlie replied.

“You didn’t wake me up.” I glared at her.

Fred placed his hands on my waist and pecked my lips. “Have fun in class; I think I saw Tobias leave early this morning.”

I kissed his cheek, “See you after Transfiguration.”

“Bye you two.” Charlie bid them goodbye, grabbed my hand and we ran out of the portrait hole.

We finally reached the Transfiguration classroom and quietly opened the door. We opened the door quietly; but not quiet enough. Professor McGonagall, our fellow Ravenclaws and the Hufflepuffs were all staring at us.

“Miss Valencia and Miss Destery, already late on your first day?” Prof. McGonagall asked us, raising her eyebrows.

“Well, you know, we don’t want to mess up our tardy record,” I said, smiling and shoving the granola bar in my mouth.

“Being early would mess up our five year straight tardy streak, Professor.”

McGonagall rolled her eyes. “I’ll let this slide because it’s your first day back and you’re both my best students.”

The other students glared at us as we walked to our usual seats at the front, we just smirked as we made our little journey, even their animals were glaring at us.

We reached the front to see Tobias sitting on the desk, his orange eyes were bright with happiness as he meowed in greeting.

“Hey Tobias,” Charlie said, as we put our book bags down and placed ourselves in our chairs.

I scratched behind his left ear as he licked me with his sand paper tongue. Charlie petted his orange and white back.

“Now that we have all the students here, we can start our lesson today,” McGonagall said, focusing her eyes on Charlie and me. “Today we are going to change animals into house slippers.”

Tobias looked from the teacher to us two with terror in his eyes.

Professor McGonagall recited the spell and turned her tabby cat into fuzzy tabby colored slippers. Tobias’s eyes widened to twice their normal size.

“Begin.” Now it was our turn to transfigure our cat. Tobias turned around and glared at us.

“Now Tobias, stay still,” I told him. He flicked his tail.

“Mister, don’t flick your tail at us!” Charlie commanded. Tobias stopped immediately and stood still.

Charlie was the first to change him into furry white and ginger house slippers. She turned him back with a flick of her wand and the reciting of the counter spell. Our cat glared at us, but stayed still as I turned him into slippers, once again.

We practiced our work several times before somebody else finally performed the spell right.

Then like usual, we fell asleep and lost 5 house points apiece, then gaining 10 back, respectively…as usual.

Charlie’s POV

Exiting McGonagall’s classroom with Tobias in tow, we saw Fred and George leaning against the stone wall, waiting for us.

“Oh look, if it isn’t the Ravenclaw beauties!” George said rather loudly to Fred, so Ronnie and I could hear him.

“Looks AND brains? Blimey, George, we hit the jackpot!”

Ronnie and I looked at each other, knowing what the other was about to say.

“You guys got the prize alright!” Ronnie smirked.

“Wait. So we’re the RAVENCLAW beauties? Do you two have your eyes on someone else? Huh huh huh?” I teased, making the twins turn red from embarrassment.

“No! Not at all!”

“We swear!”

“She’s just teasing! Calm down, boys,” Ronnie giggled alongside me, amused by the boys’ anguish.

“Funny lot you are today, aren’t ya?” George sighed, rubbing his hands over his face.

“It’s too early for this,” Fred groaned, “we just got out of Defense Against The Dark Arts; with you two teasing us this early in the morning, I think I might just have a-“

“Mental breakdown,” the twins groaned in unison.

“Time to get to your classes! Mr.’s Weasley and Weasley, shouldn’t you be headed towards double Charms soon?” McGonagall urged.

“Yes, Professor McGonagall.”

Ronnie and Fred exchanged a sweet peck on the lips, while George and I wrapped our arms around each other and said goodbye. Ronnie and Fred separated from their embrace, and George and I promised we’d see each other at lunch.

After Ronnie and I had exited the entry doors to go to the Herbology green houses, Ronnie turned to look at me. “George really fancies you, y’know,” she mused. A blush made its appearance on my cheeks again.

“Blushing again? Really?! You know it’s the truth!”

I chuckled outwardly at my best friend and her determination to hook George and me up. “We’ll talk about this later,” I whispered as we entered Professor Sprout’s green house.

A discontented noise escaped Ronnie’s mouth as we found Tobias already on our table.

“Tobias! Stop shedding on the table!” I yelled at our surprisingly domesticated cat.

Professor Sprout gave an attempt at quieting the semi-rowdy morning class down, succeeding more than usual today.

“Class,” she started in her pleasant voice. “Today, you will be experiencing the infancy of the common house plant and pet, Felinitre. You and a partner will be observing your Felinitre’s behaviors, along with sleeping and eating habits.”

I heard Ronnie gasp next to me, and I automatically knew what she was thinking. Her hand shot up into the air, with her fingers seeming to reach higher and higher as she grew more impatient.

“Oh, sorry dear. Yes, Miss Valencia?”

“Professor…does this mean we get to take these with us to the dorms?” Ronnie’s eyes were on fire with hope and excitement.

“Why, yes dear. For 5 extra credit House Points, if you opt to take your Felinitre up to your dormitories and keep a good eye on it, you’re allowed to take it with you.”

“YESSSSS,” Ronnie hissed in my ear. She’d been wanting another pet for some time now.

“Here we are, class! Come choose your Felinitres!” Professor Sprout sang.

Ronnie ran up to Sprout’s desk to retrieve our temporary pet. Tobias gave me a concerned look, with his ears alert and his eyes wide.

A few moments later, Ronnie came back with an odd looking creature in her hands. It was no bigger than a new born kitten, and it resembled one, too. It had a twig for a tail, and tiny wooden stumps for legs. The body was covered in moss, much akin to a cat’s fur. A small, rounded pebble took the place of a nose, and yellow pollen stems made up the whiskers. Blooming red petals composed its face, and dark, small seeds for eyes. It was really cute once you get past the twigs poking you.

“What shall we name…it?” I asked tentatively.

“I shall name HER Mosse`. Sophisticated, yet woodsy,” Ronnie smiled in triumph.

We observed Mosse` for a few minutes before we took out our 1,000 Magical Herbs and Fungi. We learned that our Felinitre enjoyed eating mowed grass, pumpkin seeds (courtesy of Hagrid’s garden), and carrots on the rare occasion. The book said Mosse` is expected to sleep for only 10 hours a day…6 less than our beloved Tobias. It also happened to be nocturnal.

So our newest addition could sleep while Ronnie and I were in class. Before we could poke and prod the little kitten anymore, the bell rang.

Ronnie delicately placed Mosse` in her bag, leaving the zipper slightly open so Mosse` could observe her new environment. I could only shake my head in amusement and pray that they didn’t get attached to each other too easily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo! Part 3!

Thanks again to TheFifthMarauder, peacelovejill, darlingdany, Merveilluex Xantii, GrawrzXMusic!, xLostInStereo, and Be_Not_Seen! You guys are awesome!
Keep spreading the word about this, please. :D

Crizz and Alyxx <3