My Car Is a Machine!

The Car

Joey's pov...

Finally today would be the day I'm getting my new car, I can't possibly wait. I know I want a Mustang '69, they're awsome or a Ford Mustang with racer stripes and it has to be metalic blue or an awsome yellow. At the moment I'm in class not paying attention to the obnoxious teacher, he gets on my nerves. Only to keep me at the edge of my seat, I'm counting down the minutes until my last class finishes. Okay 5,4,3,2, there goes the bell. I quickly got up from my seat, grabbed my Funeral for a Friend messenger bag and ran out. My dad said he would meet me outside in 5 minutes, I gotta run faster. A while later, I was outside where my happy dad is. He lowered the passenger window and urged, "Hurry up Joey, get in the car."

I listened and quickly got in as he sped off to the nearby car dealership. One of my dad's old friends from high school owns it, I heard he gives discounts. Six minutes passed and we were finally there. Chris ran out of the dealership to greet my dad and I got out of the car. He greeted me too and told me, "Alright buddy, pick out any car you want." I felt like a little kid at a candy store, skimming my eyes over the car I wanted. I quickly asked, "You got any Mustangs?" He quickly replied, "They're just behind the Chevys," I ran towards the section of awsome Mustangs. Then, I saw the car of my dreams...It was a yellow Mustang '69 with black racer stripes. It looked kinda worn out, but I didn't care, I wanted it, and i also wanted to fix it up. I called dad over, "Hey, dad! I found it!" My eyes skeemed over the awsome car, it looked like it had a personality of it's own, I could tell.

My dad walked over with chris and said, "Joey it's a nice car, but don't you think you would want a new one that isn't quite rusty?" I rolled my eyes and reminded him, "Chris said I could pick any car I want, and I gladly choose this one. Even though it might be quite old, it looks in great shape." My dad shrugged his shoulders, giving my a "Whatever you say" look. Then Chris agreed, "He's got a point and a bunch of guys tested this car and it's in good condition." Then dad said, "Okay, you can have it, but if for some reason you're out walking on the street 10 minutes from home, don't complain." I rolled my eyes once again, at least I have faith in this car and he won't let me out on the street.

Dad asked, "So how much would it be?" Surprisingly, Chris said, "It's on the house since it's Joey's first car and I could always make the others pay." Dad asked, "Are you serious? I could at leat pay you $200. It's no big deal to me it's either $200 or higher." Chris shrugged, "Come on Billie I've known you for years, it's on the house." Dad demanded jokingly, "Take the money chris, I'm not leaving until you take it. I'll have to stay all night if I have to." Chris finally gave in and took the $200 bucks, while I got in the new car and drove behind dad.