Status: Complete: Read the Final Chapter in the "Forest" Series!

Be Sure to Wear a Disguise

003 : Follow

"Hey, wake up. We're at the motel."

Caan stops the moving truck and the jerk of the breaks jolts me forward. I yawn, but follow him into the lobby of the motel.

"Man, I'm so glad we're road tripping down. I'd hate to have gone on a plane." He says, looking back at me. "Rin, darling, you need to use your words. I haven't heard you speak since...um..."

He pauses and I raise an eyebrow. Then a spark of lights his eyes.

"Second to the last day. Mr. Fields made you answer an English question. HA!" He proclaims in victory.

"I got that question right, too." My voice sounds foreign, and I realize that it has been a really long time since I expressed myself in words.

Caan smiles and we walk up to the counter. After a brief talk, the manager hands over to us a key to our room. A key.

Caan slings an arm over my shoulders and my arm wraps around his waist as we walk outside to find out room. Before our story continues, I'd like to say that Caan and I aren't'Together'. we're just really close. Please put air-quotes on that.

When we open the door, we realize how close we get to be. One bed fills the space of the dusty little room.

"Rin, you sure you're okay with sharing? Oh.. do you snore?" Caan asks as he belly flops onto the bed.

"Caan, we've driven across two states and you need to ask if I snore?" I laugh and shut the door behind me. My laugh seems awkward, like it's not familiar with the sound it should make. "And I'm fine sharing. It's more convenient and cheaper anyway."

I walk further into the room. I stand at the foot of the bed and look at Caan. He looks up at me from where he's laying across the bed. He flips over on his back and smiles at me.

"Kay. fine." he pats the bed, "Come sit."

I laugh and lay down, resting my head on his stomach with my feet hanging off the foot of the bed.

"You're sure you --" "Yes, Caan. I'm fine" I turn my head and look at him, "What? Are you okay with sharing? Do you have cold feet, Caan?"

I smirk and Caan laughs. Since my head is resting on his stomach, the laugh makes my head jump. Which makes us both laugh harder.

"Come on. Let's get our stuff." I say, getting to my feet. "I have to check the car anyway."

"Fine."Caan replies and gets up too. He gives me a strange look, making me pause at the door with my hand on the knob.

"What?" I question him.

"FOOOOOOOD!" Caan shrieks and lumbers toward me like a zombie. I flinch, and then roll my eyes.

I open the door and walk out. I hear Caan follow me, still mimicking the undead. I pull my duffel bag to the ground from the cab of the truck just as Caan wraps his arms around me.

"OW! CAAN! Stop biting me!" I swat at his face. "Off ME! I'll unhook the car and we'll go get real food. Now... Stop biting my head! "

He pulls away and I hear him stifle his chuckle as he pulls his army bag from the truck. I love his army bag. His father gave Caan his old army duffel bag a month before the car accident. Caan loves that army bag, too.

I sigh and push the though away as I knell over my duffel bag to get out my key chain. I find the right keys and then I feel Caan nudging me with his foot.

"You unhook car. Me take bags." Caan says, like Tarzan, "You feed me. Me no eat you."

"Good plan." I reply and get to my feet.

Soon the two of us are roaming around the town, looking for a place to eat. Finally we pull into the parking lot of a diner and walk across the lot to the door. But something makes me stop.

"Caan, do you see that car." I point to a thesleek sports car as it parks. "I think it's following us."

"Well, it's pretty. But I wanna eat, Rin." He takes me by the crook of my arm, pulling me gently into the diner, "Plus, I doubt that a car like that would be following us."

"It's the same car." I mumble to my self as we go in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

I love Caan. He's so immature. ^-^ He's a fun person to write. Hope he's a good read.

~LOVE AMBER~
XD

p.s.
I am a flower and comments are my sun light. Please don't let me wither.